ANyone heard anything about a Takeover happening in January?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Going Postal, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

Just curious. The rumors around our office are flying that there is some kind of takeover happening in January. Has anyone else heard any rumblings? :biting:
  2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Hmmmmm ! OK, where should we start this new rumor? How about Delaware? NOT !!!
  3. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Not a peep that I've heard.
  4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I plan to takeover a new route, but that's about it.
  5. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Yes, how did you find out? My plans are now ruined to buy UPS and eliminate all the management personel that have came from somewhere other than a delivery business or never driven and promote people that actually have driven a package car and have been in the delivery business before! Now it's ruined. BIG MOUTH!!!!
  6. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

Ha ha. You guys are too funny. But seriously, my buddy in S. Jersey was told that in January they are calling in all the employees in their office to work. Something about a takeover. Was just curious and asked around our office and they too have heard of something but no one knows what exactly seems to be spreading. Just wondering if anyone knew what it was all about.
  7. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

not trying to start a rumor just to prove or disprove its validity. But with it seeming to be spreading in our area want to be sure. Maybe we're planning to take over TNT again or something. IDK.
  8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I took it that you thought someone would be 'taking over' UPS. The other way around would be OK.
  9. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

No I don't think anyone would ever buy us out. We're the big fish in the pond. Maybe with the USPS going broke, we'll take them over. :-)

FAVREFAN Member

Our price tag starts at $75Billion. Don't know anyone with that kind of cash laying around. lol.
  11. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Fedex is going to buy us. The new combined company will be called...
  12. Magnus

Magnus Member

... Fed-UPS :raspberry-tounge:
  13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

14. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Its funny you should mention that as there is a sports bar located a couple of blocks from my building called Fedups. I believe a PC driver owns it.
  15. hubrat

hubrat Squeaky Wheel

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

17. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

18. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

an Over95 billion dollars in value company
  19. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Ups buys all kind of companies every year. Nothing would be that big of a deal unless they bought Fed-ex, which will never happen!!!
  20. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Don't be so sure ... I am hearing we are taking over the Teamsters.