Anyone here anything about layoffs??

Mike Hawk

Not a broken calculator. I use a more sophisticated device. I think its called a dart board.
So you must be in operations now?:happy-very:
Back in Csaey's day you might be right, but now we have alot of customers who receive and ship more than 75 pcs a day.

Packages do equal jobs, however routes are created by stops. While our volume is down, stops seem to be up. It takes the same time to deliver 1 piece to a stop than it would take to deliver 3 or 4 pieces.
75 packages/job may be accurate, think of the driver that picked up the package, the pt that unloaded it, the pt(s) that sorted it, the pt that loaded it, and the feeder that drove it off. All that just to get it out of the origin.

705red

Browncafe Steward
...whereas filing inane grievances over the prices of snacks in a vending machine reduces credibility.
I dont care what you think of me uptight! you can continue to live in your little world and only fight the battles that concern you or you can stand up and try acting like a man every now and then!

Please can you tell me if you have ever filed a grievance? If so what was it for?

Try attending a union meeting several times a year, i know it would cut back on your posting on here, but alot of your posts really go unnoticed anyways! Not that big of a loss really! imo

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Don't get a big rubbery one over DHL volume. We're actually losing most of their volume to FedEx. We have picked up a few quality accounts over here. We now have Nordstrom which we pick up around 100 per day minimum, and we picked up the prison over here again. Our prison here in Spokane makes eyeglasses, and we pick up at least 150 pieces a day.

Also whoever said that stops equals jobs, it's not necessarily that accurate. We are maintaining stops on most days here, but there is decidedly less volume than before. Our division manager camps out in our building in her little office and makes these decisions. She said that it's not stops that determine if a route stays or gets cut but pieces per car that determines routes. Not that I agree with her, but she gets paid the big bucks to ruin peoples lives I suppose.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ive never seen a package driver go out with 1 stop for 1000 pieces and get paid 8 hours!

Why does our edd have minimum and maximum stop counts? I have never seen minimum or maximum pc counts!

reydluap

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYUPSer
...whereas filing inane grievances over the prices of snacks in a vending machine reduces credibility.

I dont care what you think of me uptight! you can continue to live in your little world and only fight the battles that concern you or you can stand up and try acting like a man every now and then!

What?? Did I read this right? A grievance filed over a vending machine???? For CHRIST SAKES!!!! No wonder non-union workers think union members are spoiled babies!! GROW UP!!!

705red

Re: Anyone here anything about layoffs??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive never seen a package driver go out with 1 stop for 1000 pieces and get paid 8 hours!

Why does our edd have minimum and maximum stop counts? I have never seen minimum or maximum pc counts!

The Dispatch Screen that shows you your stop count (when you are always in the red color) can be changed over to show the package count screen also.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYUPSer

What?? Did I read this right? A grievance filed over a vending machine???? For CHRIST SAKES!!!! No wonder non-union workers think union members are spoiled babies!! GROW UP!!!

And using the lords name in vein is adult like? I dont care what others think of us, when the members have a complaint it will be dealt with. If you were able to read, you would have noticed that the prices were not just raised they were doubled on many products!

705red

Re: Anyone here anything about layoffs??
And your point? I have been a registered user for 2.5 years, while uptight has been for 1 year and already has passed me!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dispatch Screen that shows you your stop count (when you are always in the red color) can be changed over to show the package count screen also.
Once again reading 101! that screen you speak of does not have a minimum and maximum, the routes are dispatched by stops not pieces!

reydluap

Red.

And just what article in the contract did UPS violate????ROLMAO!!!

Excuse me! ...Actually, I wasn't trying to question your chat registry seniority. If you continued to read the post...I tried to answer your package count question. My mistake in 'copying' the Identity Icon info.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red.

And just what article in the contract did UPS violate????ROLMAO!!!

Excuse me! ...Actually, I wasn't trying to question your chat registry seniority. If you continued to read the post...I tried to answer your package count question. My mistake in 'copying' the Identity Icon info.
Im glad you find this friend-ING funny! What happens when the ptimer drops because he only has a buck in his pocket and now gatorade is $2 in the new vending machines?

You should probably take a look at your contract and tell me what i should file it under! Ive already got it filed out, but im not here to amuse you and uptight! I am concerned with the members in my local that i represent.

Lets see what happens when they remove your locker and exchange it with a coin operated locker, or if they make you start purchasing your unioforms after years of suppling them. Would your panties get bunched up than?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please can you tell me if you have ever filed a grievance? If so what was it for?

Actually, I have. I had taken vacation the first week of January a few years ago (2006 I believe) and did so knowing that I would get paid for both New Years Eve and Day in that check. Well, UPS paid me with 2 separate checks, one for the 45 hours for my vacation and the other for the 2 holidays, and then proceeded to take all of the weekly deductions out of both checks. Long story short I received a whopping $0.00 for my holiday pay as my deductions (2 401k loans, 401k deduction and $25 United Way) exceeded my holiday pay. I grieved it as it was my contention that the holidays should have been added to my vacation and, if they had been, my check would have been roughly $400 higher as they would have only taken out the weekly deductions once. The grievance was denied because they said that the deductions were for my benefit and the money used to pay my loans and 401k were not recoverable. I have since made sure that any vacations that I take that have a holiday included be paid with the holiday included and have not had a problem since.

As far as the Union meetings go, ours are an excuse for our guys to get together and drink and little or nothing actually gets accomplished. I have much better things to do.

I really don't care if you read my posts. I will tell you honestly that I enjoy reading most of your posts as they show that you do care about your co-workers and that you work tirelessly to defend the contract on their behalf. Moderation in all things can be beneficial.

Red, I do applaud your spirit in defending the rights of those under your stewardship but you need to know that there are employees here who actually have the ability to take care of their own business. I have always been able to discuss issues with my mgt team. I have had customer concerns for which I have been disciplined but I have always been treated with respect as this is the way that I treat my mgt team.

Red, I am just busting your chops on the vending machine issue. I do think that a grievance is a bit much and this issue could have been handled with a simple petition signed by the hourlies presented to mgt. A grievance over something this trivial is simply a waste of your time, your mgt team's time and your BA's time. If you think the prices are too high, don't use the machine. It's really that simple.

BTW, I have no doubts about my whether I am a man or not. Do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

reydluap

Im glad you find this friend-ING funny! What happens when the ptimer drops because he only has a buck in his pocket and now gatorade is $2 in the new vending machines?

You should probably take a look at your contract and tell me what i should file it under! Ive already got it filed out, but im not here to amuse you and uptight! I am concerned with the members in my local that i represent.

Lets see what happens when they remove your locker and exchange it with a coin operated locker, or if they make you start purchasing your unioforms after years of suppling them. Would your panties get bunched up than?

Dang right I think it is funny!!!! Just stop by a grocery store once a week and buy a couple of Gatorades and take them to work with you. If YOU would read Article 5 (page 15) mister Union Steward, you will see that it is stated in writing that UPS will provide lockers and "DRINKING WATER"!! No were does the contract state anything about vending machines and the prices Vendor charge for their products!!!!!! So once again.../.WHAT ARTICLE ARE YOU FILING A GRIEVANCE ON???!!!??

And in my Supplemental Agreement Article 6, it states IN WRITING Uniforms are provided FREE OF CHARGE. (And if you must know....I wear boxers....LOL)

Know you sh** boy before you start Preaching to me. ROLMAO!!!

reydluap

Originally Posted by 705red
I just love people that post without researching or post without any knowledge of what they are talking about!

Now that's Funny!!!!LOL!!!