Anyone here anything about layoffs??

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dang right I think it is funny!!!! Just stop by a grocery store once a week and buy a couple of Gatorades and take them to work with you. If YOU would read Article 5 (page 15) mister Union Steward, you will see that it is stated in writing that UPS will provide lockers and "DRINKING WATER"!! No were does the contract state anything about vending machines and the prices Vendor charge for their products!!!!!! So once again.../.WHAT ARTICLE ARE YOU FILING A GRIEVANCE ON???!!!??

Why dont you read all of article 5, it only needs to supply lockers for fulltime employees, because they are the only ones that would need to wear a uniform or take a lunch. Now whats happens if ptimers were using these same lockers for the last 5 years and then were giving the boot?
Would that qualify under past practice?

And in my Supplemental Agreement Article 6, it states IN WRITING Uniforms are provided FREE OF CHARGE. (And if you must know....I wear boxers....LOL)

Do you wear ups boxers? With the shield in your crack?

Know you sh** boy before you start Preaching to me. ROLMAO!!!

Listen little man! You dont want to get into a debate on contract language with me, and when we win this grievance i wont gloat too much for ya!

By the way its filed under artile 50 maintenance of standareds and atrticl 7 for grievance procedure. But the next time your local denies you a really valid grievance, maybe tell them thats we will file for the smallest infraction!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
that might be true where you are. 1 in 10. that would make it 10%.

here, there are a ton of dhl drivers.

something that will hurt us is the ability to take samples from labs that dhl currently handles. last i heard, ups will not take samples?

i know that several of the companies that my wife works with only use dhl. much more accomadating to their schedule.

not like ups where we make the delivery and pick up when we damn well please, and the customers schedule is given second place in planing routes.

one more thing. in our center of about 100 delivery drivers, there are about 40% that were planning to retire in the next 3 years. 10-13 in 2009. 9 have already said they will not retire because of the losses to the 401K's, finacncial unrest/concern etc. this means that part timers that could go full time will have to wait even longer, and drivers that would have stayed in delivery will be kicked back to working split shifts.

the change as been all due to what has happened in the last 2 months.

all these things will have a trickle down effect

d

I pick up daily from a dermatologist to ship to a lab, not sure if that's what you were referring to. Tissue samples.

reydluap

Listen little man! You dont want to get into a debate on contract language with me, and when we win this grievance i wont gloat too much for ya!

By the way its filed under artile 50 maintenance of standareds and atrticl 7 for grievance procedure. But the next time your local denies you a really valid grievance, maybe tell them thats we will file for the smallest infraction!

You really do amuse me.

In my years of service with UPS, I have preloaded, sorter, unloaded/washed pkg cars,Portered,Ran the Air Shuttle to the Airports,Ran Feeder,been a Utility/Split driver,and now am a Bid Pkg Car Driver. For 31 years I've LIVED that Contract BOY!! Anybody can flap their lips and talk the talk.......but.......until you walked the walk........your opinion really don't mean SH** to me!!

Face it BOY, you're out of your league trying to debate with me (or any other senior employee on Brown Cafe for that matter).

Now, you asked me about locker room for me.......I answered your question (and showed you were to find it in the book)as I am a FULL TIME EMPLOYEE. Then you twisted it to pertain to PT'ers, but I'll reply to you on that also. Just what does a PT'er need a locker for?? You work 3 1/2 to 5 hours.....NOT MOVING IN! I also showed you were the ONLY thing in WRITING states that UPS will provide DRINKING WATER. Also, in WRITING, it states UPS provides uniforms FREE OF CHARGE. This is in WRITING...go read it for yourself.

So you are trying to say, Article 50, in YOUR contract book states that UPS is responsible for the prices VENDORS charge for Gatorade in the VENDORS vending machines??? Just what grievance form are you using??? It's not a grievance offense.....it's a whiner bellyaching. NO WERE does it state in WRITING that UPS controls VENDORS products or pricing.

Here we have a Company that has lost package volume the last few months. So Full Timers and Part Timers are being laid off. When union members are not working...they are NOT paying Union Dues. So the Union is loosing revenue. Do you really think either side (the Company or the Union) really gives a SH** if a PT'er has to put more change in a vending machine to buy a Gatorade??????
Heck, come January, most of the PT'ers will probably be laid off anyway.

So UpState is right......filing this STUPID grievance shows everyone that you have lost any Credibility that you might have had.

Your obsession with underwear is amusing, But it's your fetish.....to each his own......

reydluap

And one more thing BOY.

I have always been able to walk up to any Supervisor, Center Manager, Regional Manager or Division Manager and shake hands,and discuss our differences. When our discussion finishes, and we have worked out a compromise,we shake hands again and keep our word. Not all things have to have to be dealt with through the Union. The contract book is a guideline for both sides to work by.

Men can do that............can you boy?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
And one more thing BOY.

I have always been able to walk up to any Supervisor, Center Manager, Regional Manager or Division Manager and shake hands,and discuss our differences. When our discussion finishes, and we have worked out a compromise,we shake hands again and keep our word. Not all things have to have to be dealt with through the Union. The contract book is a guideline for both sides to work by.

Just wondering...who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

705red

Browncafe Steward
You really do amuse me.

In my years of service with UPS, I have preloaded, sorter, unloaded/washed pkg cars,Portered,Ran the Air Shuttle to the Airports,Ran Feeder,been a Utility/Split driver,and now am a Bid Pkg Car Driver. For 31 years I've LIVED that Contract BOY!! Anybody can flap their lips and talk the talk.......but.......until you walked the walk........your opinion really don't mean SH** to me!!

Your not in 705 so your opinion does not matter to me! My main concern is the members in my building and my local first. I only come here and provide assistance when asked by others. I also was on the negotiating commitee for this contract and uphold this contract from the time i wake until the time i go to bed and i even return phone calls on the weekend. I live, eat and breath representing the members!

Face it BOY, you're out of your league trying to debate with me (or any other senior employee on Brown Cafe for that matter).

Boy? You must be another keyboard cowboy writing sentences you know your unable to back up!
I wasnt aware the cafe had employees!

Now, you asked me about locker room for me.......I answered your question (and showed you were to find it in the book)as I am a FULL TIME EMPLOYEE. Then you twisted it to pertain to PT'ers, but I'll reply to you on that also. Just what does a PT'er need a locker for?? You work 3 1/2 to 5 hours.....NOT MOVING IN! I also showed you were the ONLY thing in WRITING states that UPS will provide DRINKING WATER. Also, in WRITING, it states UPS provides uniforms FREE OF CHARGE. This is in WRITING...go read it for yourself.

Please show me were you have previously stated what your job with ups was! Up until now i had no idea if you were one of the girls in small sort or the bitter old driver that you are, whos got enough time to retire but probably doesnt have a life outside and wouldnt know what to do away from ups! I didnt attempt to twist anything, and if you were as contract savvy as you CLAIM to be you would have known what articles covers preexisting conditions.

So you are trying to say, Article 50, in YOUR contract book states that UPS is responsible for the prices VENDORS charge for Gatorade in the VENDORS vending machines??? Just what grievance form are you using??? It's not a grievance offense.....it's a whiner bellyaching. NO WERE does it state in WRITING that UPS controls VENDORS products or pricing.

I didnt try and say anything! I did say its in violation of article 50! If the vendors were responsible for the pricing it would not be a grievance! However ups has set the prices and when we got the contract that ups has it will explain it better. Im not whining about it the members are, im a grown man and i have chosen not to spend any money in these machines. However the ptimers do not have the luxury of keeping coolers with them to bring in cold gatorade as you have mentioned. So they depend on using teh machines to purchase what they want at break time. You remember being ptime dont ya?

Here we have a Company that has lost package volume the last few months. So Full Timers and Part Timers are being laid off. When union members are not working...they are NOT paying Union Dues. So the Union is loosing revenue. Do you really think either side (the Company or the Union) really gives a SH** if a PT'er has to put more change in a vending machine to buy a Gatorade??????
Heck, come January, most of the PT'ers will probably be laid off anyway.

Your right we have lost volume, and we have people on lay off, and we had to swallow a split raise while vending machines have in some cases doubled. The ptimers feel the pinch just as bas if not worse than us ftimers. They spend gas to get to work for 3.5 hours and now their raise for the night is barely enough to compenaste for 1 bottle of gatorade.

And at the sametime ups is hiring account reps from dhl to gain more business, but not working the guys and gals that do this work! And yes i give a crap if the ptimer has to spend more money! Why dont you go out and get the me me me tattoo on your forehead!

So UpState is right......filing this STUPID grievance shows everyone that you have lost any Credibility that you might have had.

I have read countless posts in my 2.5 years on this forum about how the union does nothing for the membership, how we are in bed with the company, the union withdraws grievances or loses them. How the union sold someone out and upheld a termination. If you ask most of the people on this forum i believe a majority would want their local to stand up for them as we do here in 705! Go ahead and start a poll, or you already know im right!

If i lose credibilty from *******************you, that only amkes me more credible!

Your obsession with underwear is amusing, But it's your fetish.....to each his own......

Last edited by a moderator:

705red

Browncafe Steward
And one more thing BOY.

Your own posts prove that you are a side deal making back stabber! The language is clear, no compromises. When you do it opens up a pandoras box which you might never close. It has taken 5 years of hard work to get the company retrained to honor the contract as it was written!

reydluap

BBAG.

That's a good one.

Boy,

I have NEVER violated a contract agreement (to my knowledge). When I do speak to management about contract issues...I have the contract book with me. Don't need to file a grievance if it can be settled at a local level...face to face.

As for the rest of you retoric WHATEVER. LOL!!! No more time to waste on you.

705red

Browncafe Steward
BBAG.

That's a good one.

Boy,

I have NEVER violated a contract agreement (to my knowledge). When I do speak to management about contract issues...I have the contract book with me. Don't need to file a grievance if it can be settled at a local level...face to face.

As for the rest of you retoric WHATEVER. LOL!!! No more time to waste on you.
Are you a steward? If not you should not be in the office making agreements on the contract that you have not been elected to do, or the knowledge of such consequences!

skeet skeet

i got a question... ive heard that in the begining of the year theyre gonna start laying off full time driver(well in my local 396) i was wondering as a full time driver getting lay off can i go back to the hub?? and if i do get lay off will i get called back to become a driver when the spot opens up?

BigBrownSanta

i got a question... ive heard that in the begining of the year theyre gonna start laying off full time driver(well in my local 396) i was wondering as a full time driver getting lay off can i go back to the hub?? and if i do get lay off will i get called back to become a driver when the spot opens up?

I have a couple of questions somewhat along the same line.

If I get laid off in January and have to bump back to the preload, do I have to go back to driving when recalled?

Also, is there a time limit after which I don't have to be recalled?

If you are laid off and go into the building by seniority you will be recalled in the reverse order. First in,last out. When the time comes for recall check the board weekly to make sure no one "accidentally" came back out of order.

I have a couple of questions somewhat along the same line.

If I get laid off in January and have to bump back to the preload, do I have to go back to driving when recalled?

Also, is there a time limit after which I don't have to be recalled?

Are you asking if you have to go back in the order you came in or are you asking if you have to go back at all? Years back we had some guys go back to package who wanted to stay but were told no because they could only stay if new package drivers were to be hired and they took the position. I don`t know the validity of that as it`s been some time.