Anyone in the Orlando Hub can tell me a few things. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acc0rd

Hey guys, if anyone here is from Orlando can ya let me know about the wait times for Cover and FT driver down your way. Im up in the Panhandle and am having to transfer for my wifes job now that shes outa medical training. Id stay here but no point as the waits at 10 plus years the way its been going and the old farts wont leave. In the end I guess it doesnt matter but id sure like to hear from a Orlando employee!

Thank you.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
well thanks for that even though it didnt tell me anything I needed to know. I appreciate it.

I drove by the Orlando hub last year when I took Mrs. BS to universal studios. We took a car service from the airport to the Lowes Portafino.
The driver was really bad & didn't follow any methods, probably didn't know the 5 seeing habits, never mind the 10 point commentary!
I hope that helps

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I drove by the Orlando hub last year when I took Mrs. BS to universal studios. We took a car service from the airport to the Lowes Portafino.
The driver was really bad & didn't follow any methods, probably didn't know the 5 seeing habits, never mind the 10 point commentary!
I hope that helps

That would be a good thread topic. I watch drivers all over the country when I travel. It would be interesting to hear others observations.

Acc0rd

guys can we stay on topic seriously? I just wana know wait times, I dont care if a guy is kicking his box out the door or not lol.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have quite a few members from Florida on here, hopefully one that works out of Orlando will eventually read this thread and chime in.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hey guys, if anyone here is from Orlando can ya let me know about the wait times for Cover and FT driver down your way. Im up in the Panhandle and am having to transfer for my wifes job now that shes outa medical training. Id stay here but no point as the waits at 10 plus years the way its been going and the old farts wont leave. In the end I guess it doesnt matter but id sure like to hear from a Orlando employee!

Thank you.
This is a question for one of the driving stewards in one of the Orlando hub centers. I doubt you'll find them posting here, but good luck. :) Maybe after the preload talk with one of the stewards, they would probably direct you to a seniority list or talking with someone else, perhaps BA, etc.

My observation is that it will be sooner than you think. Also, it may not be something you "like", in the end. wasted time if that occurs, too. just a thought :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope that helps

That would be a good thread topic. I watch drivers all over the country when I travel. It would be interesting to hear others observations.

...or perhaps you two need to enjoy your vacations and not worry what other drivers do...

Overpaid Union Thug

Thank you.

Transfers go to the bottom of the seniority list. You will probably be assigned to the worst PD and have to wait at least 10 years for full-time and TCD wait times fluctuate all over the place. That is your typical hub. Maybe an actual Orlando employee will answer and verify.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have known of two drivers transferring from other Hubs. Like Big_Arrow_Up stated, they had to start all over at the bottom of the Seniority List. In fact, they had to actually quit and get rehired at the new building. They started at the bottom of the pay scale and lost all vacation time. One was a twenty year driver who moved to Atlanta after losing his New Orleans route after the Katrina Disaster. They both were able to keep their previous pension plans contributions. I imagine that the part time employees are treated the same way. I would contact the Teamster Local for that Hub and try to get a hold of the Business Agent to find out about wait times to go full time.

slantnosechevy

...or perhaps you two need to enjoy your vacations and not worry what other drivers do...
I was enjoying my vacation sipping on my favorite brew while waiting for a plane in the Orlando Airport. I was watching our man in brown deliver off a cart to the various stores located inside the airport. I was telling the girlfriend how good the scenery would be delivering here and no driving. She laughed and said they'd fire me the first day for running 3 hours over. The guy looked very lost and frustrted while leaving the cart several times unattended in a crowded setting going deep into the stores and sometimes out of site into the back. I told the girlfriend this guy is in trouble and walked over to stand by his cart because several people were eyeballing and touching the boxes. After 10 minutes he returned and I approached him and introduced myself with my picture ID and asked if everything was ok. I noticed he didn't have a diad and asked him how he was getting signatures. That's when he told me he lost it and couldn't remember where it was. He was frazzled and worried about the time. I got him calmed down and told him SCREW THE TIME ALLOWANCE just think about who signed the board last and go back there to start I'll watch the cart. He was back in 5 min. with the diad. We shook hands and we we're both on our way.

Acc0rd

im feeling this forum is just about yappin. All these responses and not one answering my questions FROM ORLANDO. I have transferred to where I am now, I know the deal. Please, Id love an answer to the wait in Orlando FROM someone IN ORLANDO. If you are from Orlando PLEASE PLEASE answer. The rest can you please start another topic and continue your conversation there.

THANKS!!!!!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
im feeling this forum is just about yappin. All these responses and not one answering my questions FROM ORLANDO. I have transferred to where I am now, I know the deal. Please, Id love an answer to the wait in Orlando FROM someone IN ORLANDO. If you are from Orlando PLEASE PLEASE answer. The rest can you please start another topic and continue your conversation there.

could you not find out the phone number for HR at the Orlando Hub, and call and speak to someone yourself?

No, that would be far too difficult

THANKS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.