anyone know anything about the contract regarding seasonal drivers?

sorefeet

I'm in the northeast region, this is the 3rd year in a row I've been called back to drive ( 3 summers & 3 peaks ). I've been told by some drivers in my center if they call you back after 3 years they have to hire you FT? Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Box Ox

Permanent PT inside employees who have driven seasonally for several years don't automatically go FT. Off streeters aren't going to either.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you have been here for at least 3 seasons, maybe it is in your own best interest to get a copy of the contract and your supplement and read it.

UPS Preloader

I'm in the northeast region, this is the 3rd year in a row I've been called back to drive ( 3 summers & 3 peaks ). I've been told by some drivers in my center if they call you back after 3 years they have to hire you FT? Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Not that I'm aware of. We had one guy whose been doing it for at least 6 years. Finally convinced him to ask for a position on the Preload so that he could be a TCD rather that a casual and get some credit toward the 4 year progression. Plus, he can now sign bids that are made available to part-timers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That used to be the rumor here too if you worked 3 seasons in a row you were full time. No ide where it comes from.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
every year peak drivers would tell me they were told if they did a good job they would be hired FT. that is how they get you to do the dirty work no one else will do like working thru breaks and meals and driving fast , cutting corners , and hurrying up by not following safety methods etc.

maybe it has happened somewhere but i can not recall it happening on the west coast. maybe. you may have to start in the building and work your way up.

some hubs hire off the street like Roseburg , OR and Boise ID. maybe some others out here in the west. It may be worth relocating for.