Anyone make more money than me this week?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Until the government taxes you at 100% you'll always make money. On the weeks you get taxed at a higher rate you're being calculated at the fact you'd make that all year, which you don't. You'll end up getting it back at the end of the year.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Until the government taxes you at 100% you'll always make money. On the weeks you get taxed at a higher rate you're being calculated at the fact you'd make that all year, which you don't. You'll end up getting it back at the end of the year.
People that work a lot of overtime understand this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People that work a lot of overtime understand this.

My point is that in the short term you do in fact lose money when you work 8 or more hours of OT in a week. Yes, you do get that money back when you file your taxes and the loss can be offset when you contribute to a 401k.

I worked 3.63 hours of OT last week----that's not a lot? : )

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My point is that in the short term you do in fact lose money when you work 8 or more hours of OT in a week. Yes, you do get that money back when you file your taxes and the loss can be offset when you contribute to a 401k.

I worked 3.63 hours of OT last week----that's not a lot? : )
You haven't worked a 48 hour week since christ was a corporal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The on car sups here in past years stayed til 8-9pm during peak, now they are walking out at 5-6pm. They are tired of all the BS too.
They are under DOT law also and many get there at 6 am. I heard a sup last Friday say "I can't drive after 4 pm today. So someone has to go with me."

upschuck

They aren't on car, they are in building. We have had a light peak so far, latest drivers been getting back 8-8:30. Don't know if that is because of loads not getting here, or if volume is down. Sup said that our projected 5-10% increase was cut by 4%. Hub has been having to much to process, rolling loads.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lucky you all then. I have had a yo-yo peak. 12 hours one day 8.5 the next. Would love if dispatch could figure out about 10.5 everyday. Yesterday I wasn't sure how I was going to stretch it to 8 hours then I got a message that I was getting a helper for the first time this peak.

Actually worked out well I took a lot time to teach him the board and he actually slowed me down.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was working past 10 pm last week delivering over 450 pieces and 270 stops and driving over 90 miles. This past 2 days I was somehow at 180 stops and 56 miles. The helper hours and projected return to building paper helper cordenater gaave me remaind the same. Lmfao. Ups #s are such a joke.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
That right there is a huge problem in America. No incentive for extra work, the more you work the more they take. I wonder if the powers that be realize that they actually promote apathy with this type of taxation. Then again it could just be 'part of the plan'.

I have found that I lose money after working 8 or more hours of OT.

The problem with America is people who don't know much about what they're talking about, but give their commentary anyway.

We have a progressive tax structure; if you're lucky enough to have made it to the next tax bracket, only 3% more of your income is being taxed -- not even close to the BS being spewed upon here. In other words, a driver with nearly 8 more hours OT is paying $20-$30 (depending on the state) more in taxes off his nearly $400 gain.

Keep in mind that payroll checks hold taxes as a convenience. UPS and its payroll company has no idea what your year-end taxable income will be, thus a percentage of your check is withheld based upon the income earned and claimed dependents. If you made $100 one week, literally a few bucks will be withheld. If you made $3000, nearly half your paycheck may be withheld. Ultimately when you return your tax form, it will correct itself.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I am married 2 kids wife works average job. $600 held out of my check this week. Always hold out hope for a huge income tax return check. Am always devastated. Never get back more than 2g's

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I am married 2 kids wife works average job. $600 held out of my check this week. Always hold out hope for a huge income tax return check. Am always devastated. Never get back more than 2g's

Has absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The problem with America is people who don't know much about what they're talking about, but give their commentary anyway.

We have a progressive tax structure; if you're lucky enough to have made it to the next tax bracket, only 3% more of your income is being taxed -- not even close to the BS being spewed upon here. In other words, a driver with nearly 8 more hours OT is paying $20-$30 (depending on the state) more in taxes off his nearly $400 gain.

Keep in mind that payroll checks hold taxes as a convenience. UPS and its payroll company has no idea what your year-end taxable income will be, thus a percentage of your check is withheld based upon the income earned and claimed dependents. If you made $100 one week, literally a few bucks will be withheld. If you made $3000, nearly half your paycheck may be withheld. Ultimately when you return your tax form, it will correct itself.[/quotes as trying to quote YOUR post

AirTractor

Keep in mind that payroll checks hold taxes as a convenience. UPS and its payroll company has no idea what your year-end taxable income will be, thus a percentage of your check is withheld based upon the income earned and claimed dependents. If you made $100 one week, literally a few bucks will be withheld. If you made $3000, nearly half your paycheck may be withheld. Ultimately when you return your tax form, it will correct itself.

My response was based on what I know from personal experience as a 1099 independent contract employee as an agricultural pilot, not necessarily a UPS driver working lots of OT. In my situation I was lucky enough to jump into a tax bracket this year that I'd never been in before and I actually will take home less than last year even though I grossed more. But 1099 employees get to pay FICA & and all that other :censored2: that employers typically pick up.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Going to all my posts and clicking the dissagree button dosent make any sence. :censored2:. That is fact. Disagree all you want. :censored2: