Anyone regret working for UPS?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Fifteen years this Tuesday (29th). I wouldnt say I really regret it. Not a whole ton of options ou there for people without an education to go out and make $70k/yr. More family time would be great but fortunately I have a very understanding wife. She's been with me for all but 6 months of my UPS career so she understands the schedule. My body aches at times but I have found a few tricks and cures to fixing quite a few of my ticks. Only 24 more years to go.

satellitedriver

No, I do not regret it.
I learned along time ago from my elders that later in life one regrets what they haven't done more than what they have done.
Now that I have 22yrs in UPS and am 55yrs old, I understand what they meant.
No real physical problems from working at UPS.
Mental, probably.

There are days that I love it and days I hate it. I would not have what I have if it were not for ups pay scale. I live in a depressed are of the U. S. and I see alot of people who work for minimun wage. Having a 75000 a year job here is like having a 150000 in Chicago. The pay keeps me going, I love the job, and hate the hours. Maybe someday the hours thing will change. We can only hope. Good luck 2 you.

mikestrek

27 yrs as a pkg. driver and the knees are almost shot as well shoulders, elbows and wrists. Please Dear Lord --- just a few more years till the real estate market and the 401 K pops back up there. And whats that you said? cant hear you either. Thows old 6's and 8's were noisey. I don't regret the good years when we were employees and not just numbers that could be deleted with a push of the mouse button,and when managers and supervisors treated you like a person and not a machine . I do regret not listening to my dad when he told me to stay in school and get a good education and then a good job. But then again, there are a lot of well educated people out there now in the job market. They may have to sell 2 or 3 of their cars and maybe the summer home just to survive. At least I have a job and I'll get by. A person does what they have to do, please Mr. Devil be kind to my soul. Would recomend this job to someone else? Only if they could not get work milking cows or mucking septic tanks.
24 years here. Still healthy but I hear every word you just said. in 6 years I'll be 50 and have my 30 years in and I'll be history