Anyone remember "Delivering Our Future"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave, I understood your quote fully.
Maybe UPS gets paid for delivery, that it has actually been delivered ?
I have no clue, why they wanted us to take damaged or empty boxes to the customer.

I wouldn't dare to do that, if it was my own business.

(and i do hope someone bigger in charge is reading this,, because it needs to come to an end )!

I will spell it out so that even you can understand:

If we catch the damage before delivery we pay wholesale on the claim.

If we deliver it and the shipper files a damage claim we pay retail or actual value.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, good, so I hope my sup gets fired over this.

And, I did undertand you before.
Thats why it don't make sence to me.

First of all , paying higher insurance fees (according to you), secondly showing a customer how we abused their shipment, if we knew in advance it was totally damaged.

But, for some odd reason, I guess we needed that extra stop, and a refusal from the customer.

tieguy

Banned
One of the things that continues to amaze me is many of you here will creatively find some evil corporate plot behind every thing ups does but yet willingly believe everything the union tells you hook line and sinker.

That is because we see on a daily basis what "evil corporate plot" this company is capable of and yet see that the union negotiated the rank and file good raises and wages that we received during the economic downturn..[/QUOTE]

Did the union negotiate the CS buyout? If so why did they fight it 10 years earlier. why did your union invite the mob in ? why do they keep screwing up your pension plans. with the amount of money ups is paying towards your retirement all of you should be retiring as fat cats. did your union get the part timers their starting wage too? Did you union also extend out progression to inifinity?

tieguy

Banned
What amazed me, is when you have damaged packages. Glass broken, or totally bent items, open packages that half the shipment is missing. But, yet, we still need to take them to the customer for them to refuse the shipment.
Basically show them how UPS mishandeld thier shipment.
Do, you think that customer will want UPS in the future, esspecially if that repeats itself, a few times per year ?

Why can't UPS just send out a notice, your shipment has been damaged or lost instead, and needs to be re-ordered ?
But, no, showing them the impact of the damage, is better customer service, right ? I would re-think that policy.

you say we, exactly how many damaged packages have you delivered in the last year?

tieguy

Banned
Delivering our Future, Challenges of the 80's, Reassessment, KORE groups (keeping our reputation for Ignorance) Its all the same rehashed agenda the company has to shove down our throats every 10 years to justify some big wigs position and salary.
How about this. Bring back the Circle of Honor induction ceremonies. Recognize people for their accomplishments in a timely manner.

perhaps your union can run a lavish circle of honorg celebration for you since you only trust them?

I'm not sure I want the company spending any extra money on you since it sounds like you don't appreciate anything they do.

danlin

perhaps your union can run a lavish circle of honorg celebration for you since you only trust them?

I'm not sure I want the company spending any extra money on you since it sounds like you don't appreciate anything they do.

I saved the company tons of money with my 30 years of safe driving they need to acknowledge that like they used to, and rebuild some trust. Not the union.
Oh they remind me every morning me with their positive reports (insert sarcasm font) that they appreciate what I do. I do appreciate that loser NASCAR we throw tons of money at every year instead of the good hard working safe drivers that really deserve it.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My question is simply: Was Our Future Delivered ???

I guess so; whether we worked on it or not,,

How much did we make on it? Was it before 10:00am???

trickpony1

Anyone remember when the company unilaterally imposed the "team" concept upon PC drivers?

The drivers were divided up into groups hence pitting one group against another.

Each group had a "leader" who, from what I have been told, was allowed to get in the faces of the drivers on his team, hence further pitting driver against driver and, hence, further chipping away at the union.

The "team" concept disappeared. Our union must have gotten off their rear and done something.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anyone remember when the company unilaterally imposed the "team" concept upon PC drivers?

The drivers were divided up into groups hence pitting one group against another.

Each group had a "leader" who, from what I have been told, was allowed to get in the faces of the drivers on his team, hence further pitting driver against driver and, hence, further chipping away at the union.

The "team" concept disappeared. Our union must have gotten off their rear and done something.
Yup, I remember that. The "lead drivers" were also doing dispatch, safety rides, etc. All that stuff went away after the strike.

Delivering our Future, Challenges of the 80's, Reassessment, KORE groups (keeping our reputation for Ignorance) Its all the same rehashed agenda the company has to shove down our throats every 10 years to justify some big wigs position and salary.
How about this. Bring back the Circle of Honor induction ceremonies. Recognize people for their accomplishments in a timely manner.

Who even cares about the Circle of Honor, honestly. I don't need any representative of this immoral company to give me acknowledgment that I'm good at what I do after 25+ years of them telling me how bad I am at it everyday. I told them to keep the gold jacket and give it to someone who gives a ****.

I notice you guys are changing your story since the cs pension buyout. If that was the goal then you guys lost miserably.

There is no story to change. Obviously none of you were around for the strike if you don't know what the key issues were. We didn't lose anything -- LAST, BEST AND FINAL OFFER. I'll think of you and your many clones while I'm on a beach enjoying my substantial retirement savings from being an overpaid pizza boy. Meanwhile you'll still be stuck in the same repeating carrot on a string treadmill of lateral "promotions" of meaningless jobs and tasks until they force you out the door like the ingrown hair you are.

tieguy

Banned
There is no story to change. Obviously none of you were around for the strike if you don't know what the key issues were. We didn't lose anything -- LAST, BEST AND FINAL OFFER. I'll think of you and your many clones while I'm on a beach enjoying my substantial retirement savings from being an overpaid pizza boy. Meanwhile you'll still be stuck in the same repeating carrot on a string treadmill of lateral "promotions" of meaningless jobs and tasks until they force you out the door like the ingrown hair you are.

Oh i was there, your rewrite of history has been denied.

stucrew

In our district the finance dept has told the centers that they are no longer allowed to let us work our vacations.

You can sell 2 vacations and your option week as per Contract. I have sold up to 4 vacations and option week these last few years. But you have to make sure mgt enters the weeks as though you are working them and not a "payoff" or payrol will hold back about 50% for taxes.

stucrew

The reason we do it is quite simple--if we catch the damage before delivery and RTS to shipper we pay wholesale value of item. If we deliver it and the shipper then files a claim we pay retail or actual value.

I try to put myself in the customer's shoes. Would I want this item sitting at my front door when I got home from work? In the case of your microwave, there is no way you should have ever delivered that, regardless of direction.

No, No. you have to work as ordered. But, you can also leave the managers name and phone number for that pissed off customer to call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can sell 2 vacations and your option week as per Contract. I have sold up to 4 vacations and option week these last few years. But you have to make sure mgt enters the weeks as though you are working them and not a "payoff" or payrol will hold back about 50% for taxes.

Uh, I'm pretty sure we can't, but thanks for playing. Buh-bye.

stucrew

I have no clue, why they wanted us to take damaged or empty boxes to the customer.

Probably just a lazy sup. that didn't want to have to deal with the broken pkg. Once it is out of bldg. it will be night clerks problem.
(and i do hope someone bigger in charge is reading this,, because it needs to come to an end )!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
When you think it can't get any worse...it does. Back in the '70's they used to call you on vacation if you were home and ask you to come into work. Have they gotten back to that yet?

Yep. June of 2008. I was in Wisconsin, they called on a Monday morning (6 AM jersey time, 5 AM where I was) asking if I could come in.

stucrew

Oops last reply was messed up.

Probably just a lazy sup. that didn't want to have to deal with the broken pkg. Once it is out of bldg. it will be night clerks problem.