Anyone see "issues" with ups freight on your routes???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
there are a couple of ups freight guys on my route and on a daily basis one of them idles the truck for a full hour on his lunch and they both are on their phones and driving all the time. Just curious how you all feel about this when on our side being caught driving with a cell phone would at least get you a warning letter..maybe more. What about all of this telecrap on idle times, those two bozos idle 10 hours a week...not moving. Dont tell me that the freight sive of things is "different", idle time is idle time, safety is safety!!!What do any of you think about this...is it a non-issue?

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Saw a UPS Freight driver standing on his lift gate dropping boxes of clothing one at a time onto the ground, in the rain. Then he told the gals at Juicy Couture they would need to bring them inside themselves.:angry-very2: Eventually he ended up taking them in but he took his sweet time about it. I haven't seen him around since, I hope they canned his sorry ass.

City Driver

speaking of this, i did have an issue with a ups package car driver once

i got to a factory that only had 1 dock...package car was backed up to it...so i had to wait about 10 minutes

im inside talking to a recieving guy, the dock is outside...i go out there when we hear a loud bang and the package car drive off

somehow a portable dock plate was docked onto the ground, off the dock...those things weigh atleast 100 lbs...me and the other guy had to pick it back up

i dont know what happened...package cars arent even dock height, i dont know why he knocked it off the dock...must of been fired from overnite or something

but he did it, there was nobody else out there, and it wasnt a windy day

I'm not sayingt this is what happened but one day I backed up to a dock and the plate was standing on it's edge on the ground, leaned against the wall behind me. It didn't fall as I was driving off, to my knowledge. The next day it was still there.

govols019

You smell that?
Saw a UPS Freight driver standing on his lift gate dropping boxes of clothing one at a time onto the ground, in the rain. Then he told the gals at Juicy Couture they would need to bring them inside themselves.:angry-very2: Eventually he ended up taking them in but he took his sweet time about it. I haven't seen him around since, I hope they canned his sorry ass.

Why would they can him? If they didn't pay for an inside delivery then he did nothing technically wrong.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
there are a couple of ups freight guys on my route and on a daily basis one of them idles the truck for a full hour on his lunch and they both are on their phones and driving all the time. Just curious how you all feel about this when on our side being caught driving with a cell phone would at least get you a warning letter..maybe more. What about all of this telecrap on idle times, those two bozos idle 10 hours a week...not moving. Dont tell me that the freight sive of things is "different", idle time is idle time, safety is safety!!!What do any of you think about this...is it a non-issue?
You're just jealous they don't have to buy special UPS socks, aren't you?
Must still be in that 'substandard, non-union carrier' state of mind.

tworavens

Why would they can him? If they didn't pay for an inside delivery then he did nothing technically wrong.

Don't know whether it would count as inside delivery, but all he had to do was wheel the pallet down a short corridor to their receiving door. Even apart from that, it was the throwing the boxes literally into a puddle that blew my mind. That was the only Freight guy on my route I've ever seen act like that, all the rest are consistently professional.

Anyways, why would you act like a tool to a store full of hot young girls?:wink2: And a national account, to boot?

tworavens

speaking of this, i did have an issue with a ups package car driver once

i got to a factory that only had 1 dock...package car was backed up to it...so i had to wait about 10 minutes

im inside talking to a recieving guy, the dock is outside...i go out there when we hear a loud bang and the package car drive off

somehow a portable dock plate was docked onto the ground, off the dock...those things weigh atleast 100 lbs...me and the other guy had to pick it back up

i dont know what happened...package cars arent even dock height, i dont know why he knocked it off the dock...must of been fired from overnite or something

but he did it, there was nobody else out there, and it wasnt a windy day

There's a dock on my route that routinely has the dock plate leaning right against the track for the rollup door. It's fallen over a number of times when I roll the door up, never onto the ground though. P.I.T.A.

City Driver

There's a dock on my route that routinely has the dock plate leaning right against the track for the rollup door. It's fallen over a number of times when I roll the door up, never onto the ground though. P.I.T.A.

nah its a dock where you are actually on a slab of concrete outside, theres a overhead door about 10 feet away

govols019

You smell that?
Did you miss the part about dropping boxes of clothing in water?

I've seen them do much worse. Correct me if I'm wrong but if they didn't pay for an inside delivery then they shouldn't expect it inside. Someone being cute doesn't pay the bills.

By "them" I mean LTL carriers in general and not ours guys specifically.