Anyone seen this yet ?

HomeDelivery

P

prodriver

HomeDelivery

Great job on clean record, but why you take a van out that had a bad park brake?

as a swing/cover, i hop into a different vehicle almost daily...

no hills to verify if the parking brakes held until i'm on-the-road; the vehicles were already parked in the level warehouse spots for the AM sort/load

after i knew about it, i definitely made myself aware to put it in P at every stop until i was done; then give that contractor a heads-up to fixing it or get a rental for the next day

HomeDelivery

well well... it seems this Ground driver had the parking brake snapped on him while he was parked at a stop:

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_4c688ca6-cbd5-11e3-880b-001a4bcf6878.html

"had parked the truck near the curb on a down slope, turned the wheels toward the curb and put on the parking brake." Rome, GA

5359f05287d3a.preview-300.jpg

i guess if he didn't turn his wheels towards the curb, it would have definitely travelled much farther...

residents living in the area experienced these types of accidents as part of their every-day life:whiteflag:

it seems since i don't have a regular vehicle to drive everyday, i'll be adding something new to my box of tricks:

22704-rubber-wheel-chock-tire-chock-w-eyebolt_1_640.jpg

glad i found this one on the road a while back & is currently using it for vehicle maintenance ~ finder's keepers!

bbsam

Staff member
well well... it seems this Ground driver had the parking brake snapped on him while he was parked at a stop:

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_4c688ca6-cbd5-11e3-880b-001a4bcf6878.html

"had parked the truck near the curb on a down slope, turned the wheels toward the curb and put on the parking brake." Rome, GA

5359f05287d3a.preview-300.jpg

i guess if he didn't turn his wheels towards the curb, it would have definitely travelled much farther...

residents living in the area experienced these types of accidents as part of their every-day life:whiteflag:

it seems since i don't have a regular vehicle to drive everyday, i'll be adding something new to my box of tricks:

22704-rubber-wheel-chock-tire-chock-w-eyebolt_1_640.jpg

glad i found this one on the road a while back & is currently using it for vehicle maintenance ~ finder's keepers!
replacing that cable is actually cheap and simple. About a hundred bucks for parts and maybe an hour to remove and replace. I have never seen one "snap". They stretch until useless and then it's time to replace. In other words, the driver is full of crap.

HomeDelivery

aha... or it was improperly adjusted...

i just had a freightliner P500 this saturday

keeping this topic in mind, i checked the parking brake handle & guess what? there was NO TENSION on it when i pulled it up!

gah, good thing i know how to adjust it on-the-fly; just twist the handle & the adjustment at "point K" will take up the slack

bk.emgfr.jpg

is that correct, guys?

then, when i was on-the-road, it did held

ps: i gotta tell the contractor to balance his new tires up front ~ heavy wobble at 55-65 mph & that will wear out his suspension among other things...

freightliner better in quality than the workhorse & newer utilimaster ford E350/450... the diesel powered one had almost 300,000 miles & was pulling strong ~ pretty impressed w/ it's tight turning radius as well

HomeDelivery

you know we're not really employees of Fedex, right?

they can do that for Express... not us

already told the contractor to check his vehicle on monday, in time for tues service

or pay me to pull the rear wheels, dismount the rotor-drum combination & see if the parking brake shoes are worn down

but, i'm suspecting a slightly stretched cable, but that adjustment i did will take up the slack... i just need to check at point K if it's at the limit ~ then a new cable will have to be ordered

(the mechanic in me)