Anyone successfully eliminate bonus in their center?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
In a bonus center? We are having a BBQ next week for no accidents or injuries for three months.

We are a bonus center. No accidents for 6 months and no driver injuries for a couple of years now. A couple of years ago, we went an entire year with no accidents at all.

Blanket statements that a bonus center is a breeding ground for loose cannon drivers is completely incorrect.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are a bonus center. No accidents for 6 months and no driver injuries for a couple of years now. A couple of years ago, we went an entire year with no accidents at all.

Blanket statements that a bonus center is a breeding ground for loose cannon drivers is completely incorrect.
My center just about set a record for time without an accident. But the other standard indicators of being a bonus center never went away during that time. The guy that ended our streak was (is), ironically, a runner and gunner lunch skipping bonus baby. He had made a very poor decision on where to park his truck during a delivery. Did so because it was quicker to deliver that way. Even FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery won't park where that fool did. Speed before safety is a typical trait among bonus babies.

1Simplemann

Speed before safety was how I was trained. Go Go Go and oh yeah be safe! Honestly it took me a couple yrs to figure it out. Slow down, park in good spots, use the dang cart. The bonus sup told me that skipping lunch and breaks was common in his old center. Officailly they didn't want the driver to do it but unofficially they looked the other way.

Overpaid Union Thug

Speed before safety was how I was trained. Go Go Go and oh yeah be safe! Honestly it took me a couple yrs to figure it out. Slow down, park in good spots, use the dang cart. The bonus sup told me that skipping lunch and breaks was common in his old center. Officailly they didn't want the driver to do it but unofficially they looked the other way.

Until an accident occurs.

wayfair

swollen member
we had a heat related injury last week, center manager even said the driver had clocked out for lunch and was still working/driving/delivering when he collapsed from Heat exhaustion