Anyone take anything for joints, back, etc.

browniehound

Hi Tooner,
Like you, most of my body recovers with a good nights sleep. The problem is my knee joints. Sometimes they are fine. It hurts the most on a Monday or after a vacation(maybe the rest actually does harm to it?). But Tooner, based on your years of service I'm guessing you are at least 10 years older than me and it seems that your body has taken the UPS abuse a lot better than mine will. I'm only 34 years old yet I feel like I'm 64 some days. I guess everyone's body is different and mine just might not be made for the long haul at UPS. Thanks for your input!

I would not want to take a pain medication, such as percocet while driving. I think though you can legally, I do know drivers who took it, but I dont know if they actually took it like in the eve, or while on road.
In some people you may be able to, but although vicodin doesnt phaze me, it may some people. Im lucky so far, 23 yrs and I hurt a little but not constantly.
By 800pm , I might be hurting, but I recover overnight pretty well.
I would go with the other suggestions, especially the exercise route. And I bet you are thinking, that you get enough exercise, but since your body is acclimated, you need more................to get a benefit. Same with heart rate etc.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Boy browniehound I feel better already:laugh:Ill be 50 soon, but I have only been full time since I was 34, so maybe that helps.

browniehound

Boy browniehound I feel better already:laugh:Ill be 50 soon, but I have only been full time since I was 34, so maybe that helps.

God Bless ya Tooner. It is constantly on my mind if I will be able to work at this job when I'm 50 or 55 years old. Question is, do you think you still have 10 years left in you?

brownrecluse

My dad's 65, and has been a builder all his life. He's also a marathon runner (8x qualifier @ Boston) running many training miles each week. He swears by 600-800 mg ibuprofen a couple of times a day - AND pops omega-3 (fish oil caps) several times a day as well.

I heard that all of that stupid Xango stuff we deliver works pretty well. I'm so sick of delivering it already and having people ask me if I tried it already, normally followed by "Oh I'm a distributor and can give you a great deal on it".

Good god that crap is HORRIBLE. I had somebody give me some samples once and I could barely choke the first one down. The rest went out the window....

Damok

A combination of Chondroitin and Glucosamine has worked quite well for me. Do a search and it will explain how it works better than I could hope to :)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know Browniehound, I can only hope, since so many of my years (8) are part time, I think Ill be like 93 1/2 when I can retire.
My family logevity used to be good, but lately, not, my brother and sister dropped dead at 52 and 59.
My grandmother and grandfather were in their nineties, but my Mom was 70. So I just try to eat right, try to get enough exercise, but in the end, when your number is up its up. Im just hoping when I can retire I have quite a few good yrs left. Thats all most of us can hope for.

Bentley

My doctor Prescribed me 75mg Lyrica (non narcotic) and an inversion table. the Lyrica blocks the nerve so you dont really need pain reliever. Inversion table is a great thing!!!!:lol:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My doctor Prescribed me 75mg Lyrica (non narcotic) and an inversion table. the Lyrica blocks the nerve so you dont really need pain reliever. Inversion table is a great thing!!!!:lol:

I LOVE the inversion table. My husband needs it I just think its relieves so much stress on the body, almost like water does. Exactly how do you like Larica? My friend takes it had a bad car accident, and takes it for her severely damaged arm. Does it really help??????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What the table actually does, I do not know for people with bad backs. But for someone with a sore back, it takes the pressure off, and makes you feel great. Im getting one for my husband who actually has a back injury, but for me it just relieves the temporary pain from a rough day. For him, he says it relieves pressure, but the actual medical advantage I do not know. Christmas is bringing a treadmill and an inversion table, I do know that.

Phil800101

Animal Flex is a really good joint supplement, it has Chondroitin and Glucosamine and some other great stuff. I take it for weightlifting, and it works really well. You can get a can of 44 packs (44 days worth) for around $20 online. Taken every day, it really helps to keep your joints in shape.

trickpony1

tooner-
Just a suggestion, you can take it however you wish........
Some people believe the human was not meant to hang upside down.....something about the blood rushing to the head and the joints (hips, ankles, knees) not meant to be subjected to this.
I use hanging ab straps at the gym. I would recommend a website and the model I use but I would probably be breaking a BrownCafe law.
A nurse from the local "spine hospital" says hanging in this manner decompresses the vertabrae, stretches the muscles and is very benefical.
Hanging in this manner does require an overhead structure capable of supporting your weight and is high enough for one to hang with the feet approx 6-8 inches off the ground.
Doing vertical knee raises while hanging can/does strengthen the lower abs and obliques.
I went from not being able to put my socks on because of the pain to being relatively pain free. It won't happen overnight though. I hang several times a week at the gym.
This is just my opinion.....it may not work for you.
Good Luck.

trickpony1

tooner-
I just had an afterthought........
I don't claim to be a cardiologist but if your husband just had a heart attack do you think it's a good idea for him to hang upside down?

evoruby3

No, just as the previous post I ignore the aches by my friend Bud.
If you hurt by doing something a certain way, find a different way to
do the job, it's worked for me. So has the Bud...

browned out

The MSM Glucosomine Condrotion Bud coctail works good for me.
I think this problem will get worse as I know of retires with knee replacement and titinium discs in their backs. Most of their time was spent at 50lb weight limit(no 70lb limit or the new and improved 150lb limit) and stops on paper before diads. Max stops no where near the 160 that is commonplace today.

All I want when I retire is a Hoverround, or a Lil' Rascal power chair. Because, that's about all I'll be good for is a powered wheelchair.