Anyone trying cool shirt or cooling shirt technology?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wear plain white 100% cotton T shirts under my uniform, all year around. I cant stand the feeling of brown polyester on my skin. Cotton is the way to go.

llamainmypocket

Been doing some research for some type or kind of shirt to wear under our uniforms to keep us cool in the hot summer months.

I've come across several air wicking or compression shirts that uses your body sweat to keep you cool and dry. Others have small water lines in the shirt but require a pump so that's out of the question.

A company called Leatt on my route makes this vest that you can soak in ice water or the freezer and it says it will keep you 10° to 20° cooler. (It's $80 by the way) So they were nice enough to give me one to try out. They also have one with ice packs you freeze and works even better.
( that one is $350)

Well after about two hours I was dying and had to take it off and put it in my ice cooler. It did keep me cooler. It's a little snug but you get used to it. Really felt good to put it back on towards the end of the day for one final relief from the heat. The jury is still out on this vest but there is technology out there.

Anyone else find something like this?

I've looked and haven't found anything awesome and just settled with Under Armor. I live in oregon and the heat doesn't get bad so the motivation isn't out of necessity. If it does get super hot I've been known to run an UA shirt under water and put it on. It will keep you completely cool for about two hours when under another shirt. You could use a spray bottle.

alwaysoverallowed

I couldn't sleep last night and I stumbled across the pentagon channel where they had soldiers put their forearms in coolers full of ice water and have them pump there fist for about a minute and it cooled them off. I was actually googling it before I came on here and couldn't find any information on how long it lasted but the way it worked was the blood got pulled through the arms and cooled down.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Been doing some research for some type or kind of shirt to wear under our uniforms to keep us cool in the hot summer months.

I've come across several air wicking or compression shirts that uses your body sweat to keep you cool and dry. Others have small water lines in the shirt but require a pump so that's out of the question.

A company called Leatt on my route makes this vest that you can soak in ice water or the freezer and it says it will keep you 10° to 20° cooler. (It's $80 by the way) So they were nice enough to give me one to try out. They also have one with ice packs you freeze and works even better.
( that one is $350)

Well after about two hours I was dying and had to take it off and put it in my ice cooler. It did keep me cooler. It's a little snug but you get used to it. Really felt good to put it back on towards the end of the day for one final relief from the heat. The jury is still out on this vest but there is technology out there.

I'm sorry, $350 for a vest to wear to work? It better keep me cool, buy me dinner and sleep with me for that price.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

( that one is $350)

Save your money, buy a compression shirt, under armour, nike, eastbay, walmart knockoff, don't matter. If you get too hot during the daytake it off and stick it in your cooler full of ice(which is a no brainer anyway you should have) ring it out and put that bad boy back on. Rinse and repeat, aint rocket science kiddees lmfao.