Anyone trying cool shirt or cooling shirt technology?

barnyard

KTM rider
The problem with the cooling vests the OP is describing is that they are not washable. I had the same type of thing, but it draped over my neck and shoulders. I would wear it for a while, put it back in my cooler, then wear it again later.

They are not washable, so eventually, they start to smell like a piece of hockey equipment. I used mine for about a month before I could not stand it anymore.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Regular old Hanes ribbed tank tops ("wife-beaters"). All cotton, 6 for about $15 at Walmart. Been wearing them here in the south for over 20 years. They wick the moisture away from your skin and keep you cooler than no shirt at all.

Overpaid Union Thug

Today was one of the hottest days in a long time in my area. Well, hot as far as the heat index was concerned. Wearing an Under Armour "Tactical Gear" shirt, a uniform shirt that is one size too large for me, and moisture wicking socks that I've been trying out made it much easier than had I been wearing cotton. I will never wear cotton undershirts or socks again. I've even been wearing moisture wicking shirts of various brands outside of work for a while now. Cotton sucks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I only skimmed through this, but I was reminded of a Japanese product.

http://www.japantrendshop.com/kuchofuku-airconditioned-cooling-work-shirt-p-1202.html

Now, they don't come in UPS Brown nor are they in stock, but google led me to a DIY version.

http://www.instructables.com/id/air-conditioned-shirt/?ALLSTEPS

Might not be something UPS would allow drivers to do to their uniform, but the inside workers might be able to get away with this.
Build a shirt? Yeah I'll just stick with a towel to wipe the sweat off my face....lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Today was one of the hottest days in a long time in my area. Well, hot as far as the heat index was concerned. Wearing an Under Armour "Tactical Gear" shirt, a uniform shirt that is one size too large for me, and moisture wicking socks that I've been trying out made it much easier than had I been wearing cotton. I will never wear cotton undershirts or socks again. I've even been wearing moisture wicking shirts of various brands outside of work for a while now. Cotton sucks.
I agree dude once you wear the moisture wicking shirts, never could go back to cotton. With cotton you still get soaken wet on a real hot day. No comparison at all, once a person wears the under armour or whatever shirt youll never be able to go back to cotton.

barnyard

KTM rider
It was pretty humid today and I was on the route that I had tried the 661 cooling collar and one of the people at my delivery stops asked if I ever wore it and added that it looked like I could have used it today.

Shame it could not be washed. Whenever it gets wet, it has a horrible funk to it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I agree dude once you wear the moisture wicking shirts, never could go back to cotton. With cotton you still get soaken wet on a real hot day. No comparison at all, once a person wears the under armour or whatever shirt youll never be able to go back to cotton.
100% Cotton is the worst...once it gets soaked with sweat....I find it starts to chafe my skin...hate that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do you know? how much they spend on snacks!
images-133.jpeg

Hah hah I derailed you Ive !!! shame on you picking on the Feeder Dept !!!
One of my driver buddies. went to feeders,a few years ago. he sure did pack on some pounds.

One morning I seen him pull into the center. he open his door up,all that you could see. was fast food wrapper candy bars and snacks.

I was laughing my butt off.
He is now trying to eat,a little bit healthier.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
These guys came to the cook out ,but were sent back to package for being under weight !! Stay away from the salad bar fellahs and hit the Five guys burgers Try again next year !!
images