Anyone working Saturday the 23rd?

browniehound

:mad: Word is that entire week is going to be hell because of poor planning by upper mgt...

The fact is, its only as bad as you make it to be. One stop at a time. Don't get frustrated, nobody's life depends on it. You can only work 60 hours in a week. In 3 short weeks it'll all be over. Then it really starts to suck with all the cut routes.

Griff

I can tell it's going to be hell come that last week. I'm already climbing with everyday up towards the 250 stop department.

As for the 23rd, I refuse to work 6 days a week. Personally I don't give a rats *** about delivering Christmas presents to people. If I wanted to be Santa I'd be down at the local mall applying to be one. I get no joy delivering Christmas presents to people. The only time I care about delivering a package based on its purpose is when it's medicine or stuff for someone who physically can't shop in the real world. I have a diabetic man on my route, he has no legs, takes him 3 minutes to answer the door...GUESS HOW LONG THE TIME STUDY GIVES ME FOR THAT STOP???

Last edited:

Leftinbuilding

I can tell it's going to be hell come that last week. I'm already climbing with everyday up towards the 250 stop department.

As for the 23rd, I refuse to work 6 days a week. Personally I don't give a rats *** about delivering Christmas presents to people. If I wanted to be Santa I'd be down at the local mall applying to be one. I get no joy delivering Christmas presents to people. The only time I care about delivering a package based on its purpose is when it's medicine or stuff for someone who physically can't shop in the real world. I have a diabetic man on my route, he has no legs, takes him 3 minutes to answer the door...GUESS HOW LONG THE TIME STUDY GIVES ME FOR THAT STOP???

Griff? or Grinch??

StevenB

One of our supervisors says that he is working on that Saturday and it won't be the regular "air only." He says he'll probably be driving ground. Anyone here of such plans on asking drivers to sign a bid sheet like they did for day after Thanksgiving?

GREAT! Don't sign a bid sheet, get double time for the day, then file on the supervisor for time and a half on his hours. Next UPS will not pay you correctly and it will take at least 10 weeks for them to pay your double time and you will get another 40 hour of pay.

Think it doesn't work? Me and my alternate got $1200. checks last year without the supervisor working. You can make more!

:thumbup1: Steve

Griff

Griff? or Grinch??

Could careless what you think about me. Yeah, it's a real crime that I only care about delivering packages that actually help someone that can't do for themselves. You get your kicks delivering 17 overpackaged BABIES R US boxes to some bored housewife in suburbia, kudos Santa.

browniehound

Could careless what you think about me. Yeah, it's a real crime that I only care about delivering packages that actually help someone that can't do for themselves. You get your kicks delivering 17 overpackaged BABIES R US boxes to some bored housewife in suburbia, kudos Santa.

I LOVE delivering Babies R US boxes. They are so nice and light. If only every parcel was as easy, I wouldn't feel 20 years older than I am!:sad:

O

old man

" Personally I don't give a rats *** about delivering Christmas presents to people. If I wanted to be Santa I'd be down at the local mall applying to be one. I get no joy delivering Christmas presents to people. "

Griff,

Sounds like you really love life and a new job..
Hey FDX is looking for a few contract workers ..maybe Walmart too

SWK78

Optimized
You cannot be forced to work any National Holiday unless management is willing to pay DT. I myself worked on the 23rd and will be working Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is not a National Holiday, so is not a requirement to pay the employee DT or time and a half. I work for UPS Freight/Overnite and will be getting DT for this day, not because they are forcing me to work, but because they have work and I asked them if I could come in to work.

Not every company does this, but if your's does, go for it. Of course, I do not get paid 8 hours of DT unless I work 8 hours. (Not a full-timer).:laugh:

Well, as I was saying. You cannot be forced to work a holiday unless your paid DT. You can be forced to work the eve's though, with regular pay!

Griff

Griff,

Sounds like you really love life and a new job..
Hey FDX is looking for a few contract workers ..maybe Walmart too

Yeah, because I don't get joy out of delivering Christmas junk, this obviously means that I hate my life and my job. Most of it stems from the fact that I'm an atheist, so Christmas is totally meaningless to me. Now let your ignorant mind run wild with that one, lets see what else you can wildly assume about my personal life. You'll be filling out that Walmart app before I ever do "oldman".

Griff

I'm sure that as an atheist you voluntarily forfeit your Christmas holiday pay...

How does holiday pay somehow reflect religious beliefs? I'm still doing the same work as Billy Bob who goes to church every sunday in the truck next to me every morning. You aren't being paid "holiday pay" because you believe in God, you're getting it because it's the busiest time of the year and they destroy you with work.

Leftinbuilding

Yeah, because I don't get joy out of delivering Christmas junk, this obviously means that I hate my life and my job. Most of it stems from the fact that I'm an atheist, so Christmas is totally meaningless to me. Now let your ignorant mind run wild with that one, lets see what else you can wildly assume about my personal life. You'll be filling out that Walmart app before I ever do "oldman".

This explains a lot. I feel for you. No asinine retort required.

A

Anonymous Mgmt

Well its good to here you will all be getting DT or time an half. Myself I will more then likely spend peak week several hours away from my family starting on Tuesday so I can take work from the drivers as they inch closer to the 60 hr mark. Then will be expected to work on Saturday and Sunday still away from my family. But wait....I get Christmas at home with my family.

Did the math - 60 hrs for the week on mgmt salary (grade 13 IE pay) equates to roughly $18.75 hr.

Anybody want a job in mgmt?

skoomer

I'm a pt pick off in the hub. In the spring I started to go through the process to be a delivery driver. They never got me going out there. I then recieved a call at christmas time. The lady said that I was on the schedule to deliver christmas eve. She said it was because I had a valid dot card. I told her that I don't work in that department and my schedule says i'm off. She told me I had to call the sup. and talk to him. I told her I didn't care to call him. I told her he can call me. He called, he said I was scheduled to work. I told him he was crazy. You put me off all this time and now your need a favor.... "Yeah I'll get right on that". He started rantin' and raving...blah blah blah. I told him I'm sitting here looking at my schedule and it says i'm off. He said that he would have a sup ride with me. I again told him, I'm looking at my schedule and it says I'm :censored2: off. He just could not get it. what an idiot. then he said he'd call me back. I never did get the call, not that it would have changed things.

B

Brown and Down

Dont work, make a stand and let the sups do it. They will have to work on Sunday too in order to catch up. Let their holiday get ruined. They wont appreciate it anyway if you come in. If you really need the money you gotta do what you gotta do