Anything after 5 for a PTer is time and a half, correct?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Unless you volunteer for a second shift, yes. Anything over 5 on one sort is overtime. Talk to your sup, if that is the case.

Macbrother

Even if you work two separate shifts anything over 5 is still overtime, unless it was driver helper. Find a supervisor who gives a **** usually they'll help you get your pay worked out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Even if you work two separate shifts anything over 5 is still overtime, unless it was driver helper. Find a supervisor who gives a **** usually they'll help you get your pay worked out.
If you are a preloader who volunteers to work metro, you get OT after 8.

Macbrother

I have volunteered for other shifts over 50 times this year, never once been paid a dime less than OT after 5 hours. The lone exception being driver helper.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Let me add......... If you work over 5 on the first shift, you get the OT. But, when clocking in for the second shift, it's back to straight time for the next 3 hours, then OT again.

Macbrother

Ok menotyou I have found the disparity. :)

Atlantic supplement.
"Part-time employees working in any part-time classification over five (5) hours in anyshift or combination of shifts will receive overtime after five (5)
hours, and/or for all hours of work in excess of thirty (30) hours in
a week. "

New York supplement
"Part-time employees shall be guaranteed a minimum of three and one-half (3 1/2) hours and
shall be paid overtime over five and one-half (5 ½) hours on their assigned shift . This provision does
not apply to employees who double shift—they shall receive overtime after 8 hours."

So yeah. Depends on where you are.

laffter

Here, in the Southern Region (at least in this state), you get overtime after 5 hours during any single shift, or after 8 hours during any single day (or over 40 for the week). That's why they won't work me more than 5 hours when I show up for twilight every day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ok menotyou I have found the disparity. :)

Atlantic supplement.
"Part-time employees working in any part-time classification over five (5) hours in anyshift or combination of shifts will receive overtime after five (5)
hours, and/or for all hours of work in excess of thirty (30) hours in
a week. "

New York supplement
"Part-time employees shall be guaranteed a minimum of three and one-half (3 1/2) hours and
shall be paid overtime over five and one-half (5 ½) hours on their assigned shift . This provision does
not apply to employees who double shift—they shall receive overtime after 8 hours."

So yeah. Depends on where you are.
I thought there was something about OT after 5, but I guess not. :bigsmile2:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
We get OT over 5 on 1 shift , A common occurance is to not pay it. You need to keep track of your time or they will get you. OT is a no no that becomes less of a problem as the year goes on. By peak it's no even a concern and than January comes and you have to bitch about getting your 3 1/2 and the cycle starts over again.

L

Loufan

I've always heard different things about this. One person says it's over 25 hours in a week and one says it's over 5 hours in a day. If you work 5+ hours every day of the week then it'll still add up the same as OT at 25 hours. It's all very confusing I can never get a straight answer.

anonymous4

Here it is OT after 5 hours as PT. If you double shift that turns into 8 hours to receive OT. I average 1-2 hours of OT a day, but I am desired. Be desired. If you work more than 25 hours in a week (5 hours a day), obviously the rest would be OT. Pretty simple.

ocnewguy

I brought up the question to my sup as well as some guys who've been there a long time on break. I got some very puzzled looks when i mention OT after 5. Like no one had ever heard of that before.

H

htown0721

If by oc your from orange county CA nobody gets OT after 5, when I would double shift I would get it after 8

menotyou

bella amicizia
Here, you get OT after 5. If you double shift, you go back to straight time for the first 3 hours of the second shift; then, back to OT for the rest.

ocnewguy

If by oc your from orange county CA nobody gets OT after 5, when I would double shift I would get it after 8

It sounds like things run quite a bit differently here versus the rest of the county (based off what I've read here. Funny, I figured being in California UPS would be on the more...uh..liberal side of things regarding the union, jobs in the hub, OT things like that.

H

htown0721

It sounds like things run quite a bit differently here versus the rest of the county (based off what I've read here. Funny, I figured being in California UPS would be on the more...uh..liberal side of things regarding the union, jobs in the hub, OT things like that.

Honestly, I would go to either HR or a shop steward and ask....there is no hurt in trying but if that is the case then a lot of people have been underpaid

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly, I would go to either HR or a shop steward and ask....there is no hurt in trying but if that is the case then a lot of people have been underpaid

Each supplement is different. As menotyou stated, in our supplement PTers get OT after 5 hours, unless they double shift, upon which OT starts at 8.