Anything in the contract about unsafe work environment?

BigBrown609

Luckily for me I wasn't at work today but right in one of the neighborhoods I deliver in a cop shot and killed an unarmed teenager. The shootings are normal in this city but I'm afraid of the fallout since it was a cop shooting an unarmed teenager. I'll be there tomorrow. Is there anything in the contract about not having to work in such a volatile area? Unsafe conditions or anything? I have a family I'd like to go home to

aiian

Whenever I hear gun shots I call my center manager and tell him I'm done with that particular area for the day, how should I sheet the remaining stops?

It's only happened a few times but still... once they start shooting they've lost their UPS priveleges for the day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Whenever I hear gun shots I call my center manager and tell him I'm done with that particular area for the day, how should I sheet the remaining stops?

It's only happened a few times but still... once they start shooting they've lost their UPS priveleges for the day.

Ever have police barricades blocking off streets so you can't even get to some areas to deliver even if you wanted to?

aiian

Yep, unfortunately on those days I have to swing back around in the evening.

I do my hood stops early for a reason.

PT Car Washer

If you genuinely do not feel safe, speak up and let your management team know.
Someone still has to do the deliveries. Maybe your management team can arrange for the deliveries to be made in daylight hours. I guess I am fortunate that even the worst parts of my city isn't all that bad. Certainly not life threatening.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

But they need their flat screen tvs delievered so they can watch daytime tv in between crack hits...