Anything in the contract about unsafe work environment?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BigBrown609, Sep 9, 2014.

1. BigBrown609

BigBrown609 Member

Luckily for me I wasn't at work today but right in one of the neighborhoods I deliver in a cop shot and killed an unarmed teenager. The shootings are normal in this city but I'm afraid of the fallout since it was a cop shooting an unarmed teenager. I'll be there tomorrow. Is there anything in the contract about not having to work in such a volatile area? Unsafe conditions or anything? I have a family I'd like to go home to
  2. aiian

aiian Active Member

Whenever I hear gun shots I call my center manager and tell him I'm done with that particular area for the day, how should I sheet the remaining stops?

It's only happened a few times but still... once they start shooting they've lost their UPS priveleges for the day.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Ever have police barricades blocking off streets so you can't even get to some areas to deliver even if you wanted to?
  4. aiian

aiian Active Member

Yep, unfortunately on those days I have to swing back around in the evening.

I do my hood stops early for a reason.
  5. undies

undies Active Member

If you genuinely do not feel safe, speak up and let your management team know.
  6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Someone still has to do the deliveries. Maybe your management team can arrange for the deliveries to be made in daylight hours. I guess I am fortunate that even the worst parts of my city isn't all that bad. Certainly not life threatening.
  7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I don't even have a trailer hood, let alone a hood.
  8. jaker

jaker trolling

I have trailers but no hood
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

But they need their flat screen tvs delievered so they can watch daytime tv in between crack hits...
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Man, you guys deliver in some real craptastic areas. I'm not sure I would be a driver if I had routes like Tooner.
  11. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

We all know all they need is another crack hit, and they very well could shoot the ups man to finance said crack hits with all the loot...
    Gimme da loot, gimmeeee da loot!!!!