anything new in contract negotiations?

raceanoncr

Anything new in Indy on contract negotiations? What does everybody think about the new accident policy where there is no more 3 accidents in a year and you are terminated? No wonder Ground went union!!!! That would be fine if we had equiment that was worth a flip!! I do not know how everybody else equipment situation is but ours suck!!!!! We have four rentals and the last time we got a new tractor was 3 years ago. When is the new stuff coming we need it and fast?

Brown UPS has had this policy for yrs, well, locally at least. I was told 29 yrs ago that if I had 3 in a yr I was gone.

You know what? We've had some drivers have more than 3, and are still here. Policy is flexible. On what? On who you are. You bust yer hump, yer on. Yer a trouble maker, yer gone. We've had some drivers that have had ROLLAWAYS, which was automatic first time termination. You know what? They're still here.

Bottom line...don't crash! Use the driving safey methods you are trained with, take your time, drive defensively, VIOLA! No crashes!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Race:

Since it is the 2nd time you've used it, I feel compelled to tell you that "viola" is a musical instrument. The word you want is "voila".

Sorry, but my analicity made me do it.:)

raceanoncr

Race:

Since it is the 2nd time you've used it, I feel compelled to tell you that "viola" is a musical instrument. The word you want is "voila".

Sorry, but my analicity made me do it.:)

More, no need to be sorry. Didn't know the lanquage police were on this channel.

I'm the one that should be sorry. Two yrs of flunked English, let alone any OTHER language. BUT, on the other hand, maybe it IS my obsession with musical instruments that makes me talk like Norm Crosby.

satellitedriver

Anything new in Indy on contract negotiations? What does everybody think about the new accident policy where there is no more 3 accidents in a year and you are terminated? No wonder Ground went union!!!! That would be fine if we had equiment that was worth a flip!! I do not know how everybody else equipment situation is but ours suck!!!!! We have four rentals and the last time we got a new tractor was 3 years ago. When is the new stuff coming we need it and fast?
For the last 20+ years I have been with UPS there was a policy of 3 accidents in year and you are fired. Several drivers have had more in a year than that and kept their job. When you included getting stuck in a mud driveway or road as an accident it only compounds the problem. Welcome to corporate America.
Be Safe.

G

Groundhog

the union sucks dont vote for it

G

groundhog

First off, I am sorry I dont get to answer posts in a quicker manner. I try to find the time to wind down and relax on the computer, but with a family and a driver job it tends to be tough. I think it is quite clear what I was talking about signing and we all know I was not refering to a UPS check. I will try to say this so everyone can understand. The forms that UPS tries to get you to sign with the double edge sword sticking out of it. The form that they can and will use against you in an arbitration and or compensation case. Example, my knee is blown out from wear and tear over the years of getting in and out of the truck 250,000 times. I am at a compensation hearing and UPS plays the BS violin saying that on such and such a date I was observed not using the handrail and they use the paper against me. Or how about the paperwork that says that you count every package that you pick up and every package is out of sight and out of weather. They want you to sign that you count every package but on an OJS if you start ripping apart the bags to count them they call it sabatoge. They dont want us to break down a skid to count every package so why in Gods name should we sign a piece of paper saying we do. When you challenge UPS on their "safety" or decline to give to the United Way, they look for ways to friend^$k you. When you ask in a Safety meeting why 300 trucks leave the building the same time when we agreed that we would have staggered times to reduce breathing that horrific exhaust fumes, UPS takes offence and they try to friend%ck you. Why is it that after this meeting the Building Mgr and the Division mgr decided to follow the driver that asked these questions? Do they have anything better to do than see if he is using his handrail or using 3 points of contact when entering the vehicle? I guarantee you if he wasnt at that meeting, he would not have been followed that day. If the supervisors supervised and the managers managed instead of thinking they are the police we would all be better off. Dont sign anything that can be used against you. When you go to a closing on a house, you dont sign anything unless you have a lawyer review the form.When A-Rod came to NY did he just sign the contract? NO he had his agent review it before he signed it. DO NOT sign anything UPS puts in front of you unless your shop steward is present or your business agent is with you.

union sucks dont join or get out while you can