AP stretching before a workout increases your chance for injury.

diesel96

Growing up participating in wrestling, baseball, track and football, we would always warm up before stretching...It didn't hurt to be hydrated pryor....have a banana before strenuous activity.... and an orange after.....unless of course you buy into those expense MetRx/GNC products....

tieguy

Banned
I've found the whole stretching before work and our preaching various aspects of wellness hilarious.

In many cases we have fat overwieght office bound management personnel preaching wellness to slim trim drivers.

Did I tell you i live dilbert?

The same thing has been going on here for a while now.... hey, they wanna pay me for this silly stuff? It has been very overbearing here lately.... we now have people getting written up for not wearing UPS socks if you wear shorts. Sooooo, Ive been advising everyone to put the long pants on with neon colored socks. Just make sure everyone sees them at some point

There are some things I disagree with about the dress code but, neon socks, are you on vacation walking the streets of Myrtle Beach or, are you supposed to look professional and getting paid for it. As long as they sign the checks...they make the rules.

SWORDFISH

Not sure how this coincides with the article. I'm obviously no doctor :happy-very: By stretching it and then continuing playing you likely made it worse. However, it wasn't the stretching that caused the pull. It is best to rest when injured and slowly rehabilitate rather than continue using it. Sorry for the common sense conjecture.

Consider rereading what I said. I think you may want to change your response.