Apartment Complex DR (driver release) allowed....

There is a few aparments complex on my new route everyday... Including a retirement community wich allows me Driver Release all the packages on my DIAD. ( no overwrite)
I should leave all the Packages in the complex office if there's nobody home? Or just Hit option 7 on the board? Lol.

AllOnTheHorses

When I would drop at ret home, the office would sign for the packages.. usually a small number.. two or three at most. That worked well as some wings were locked and could not be accessed anyway except by personnel. I would just ask what the other drivers do for that particular ret home. There is one near my home where drivers take pkgs to the individual doors.. but that one has no locked wings/medical units.
For apartment complexes.. we would not dr at an apartment unless it is a gated apartment complex.. and we would use our own judgement about the first floor apartments that might be visible to parking areas/road/foot-traffic.. those would go to office. Sheet up as delivered, other location, then type office.

Travwise

Great idea. Instead of asking someone locally where you work, ask a bunch of internet strangers. Perhaps you could post an ad on Craigslist too asking for job direction.

When I would drop at ret home, the office would sign for the packages.. usually a small number.. two or three at most. That worked well as some wings were locked and could not be accessed anyway except by personnel. I would just ask what the other drivers do for that particular ret home. There is one near my home where drivers take pkgs to the individual doors.. but that one has no locked wings/medical units.
For apartment complexes.. we would not dr at an apartment unless it is a gated apartment complex.. and we would use our own judgement about the first floor apartments that might be visible to parking areas/road/foot-traffic.. those would go to office. Sheet up as delivered, other location, then type office.
Left at Resi.....

Anthonysg0113

There is a few aparments complex on my new route everyday... Including a retirement community wich allows me Driver Release all the packages on my DIAD. ( no overwrite)
I should leave all the Packages in the complex office if there's nobody home? Or just Hit option 7 on the board? Lol.
Are you asking us the question or yourself? Kind of confusing. I always get a signature at an apt. If it's worked out with the retirement village to leave the pkgs at the office do that.

moldsporh

Rules still apply, I would check with your sup though.

Locked access from outside, generally allow DR.

Apartments with public access, stairwells...basically most apartments....need sig or leave at office.

I wouldn't test the water cuz you don't want one to walk off with value and you DR Front Door it.

Grey

A guy who's route I cover tells me to DR everything even apartments. They aren't the nice kind either and the office won't sign.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
A guy who's route I cover tells me to DR everything even apartments. They aren't the nice kind either and the office won't sign.

So long as the building has secured entrances you should be ok.

I have one building that is a 10-floor tenement. Office won't sign. Front doors lock though. So if someone isn't home, more often than not I have no issue leaving packages.

bddaddy

I like wondering the halls of retirement homes. You know what they say about the ladies there "I get older but they stay the same age"

moldsporh

Because he doesn't want to reattempt them when he returns....and it's your tail that gets fried if the packages walk.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I like wondering the halls of retirement homes. You know what they say about the ladies there "I get older but they stay the same age"
Do the ladies there call you their big brown daddy????lol you ever see that vw commercial with the ladies on the test drive... Hilarious

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most retirement complexes do not want us wandering the halls and prefer that we leave everything at the office.
I really doubt they care... A lot better than you walking around the pool area of an apt. complex asking sexy 20 year olds in bikinis to sign for people's packages...