Apocalypse 2012

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Looks like a good place to find part of the $1.7B.

The best place to find the $1.7B is in Memphis. We can start with Fred S, Dave Bronczek, and MT3...all extremely overpaid for what they do. And they have lots of company who make millions and continue to make crap decisions that cost FedEx huge money. It all starts at the top. Read the Forbes article Cheryl posted, which indicates this is a strategy to boost profits by cutting wages, not via new and innovative strategies to gain more business. It's a big game, Dave.

StuffItFred

The best place to find the $1.7B is in Memphis. We can start with Fred S, Dave Bronczek, and MT3...all extremely overpaid for what they do. And they have lots of company who make millions and continue to make crap decisions that cost FedEx huge money. It all starts at the top. Read the Forbes article Cheryl posted, which indicates this is a strategy to boost profits by cutting wages, not via new and innovative strategies to gain more business. It's a big game, Dave.

Exactly! Freddy's BASE salary was just over 1mil. Not including ANY stocks, bonus, or anything. Dave's BASE salary was just above 900k. And well Handy's salary isn't "immediately available" I imagine he is close to that. And oh wait it gets even better. How about Rob Carter and his hefty bonus this year? But lets start with the workface that gets us all that money and strip them of everything possible all the while we get fat and rich and do nothing for them.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

You're averaging 3-4 hours of guarantee pay each day?

Yes I am, my manager, instead of looking out for his worker's best interest is looking to cut his hours and keep his ass out of the sling, gave my afternoon work to a PM courier. I have been "assured" that this is being looked into. Personally, I don't like going home early. I get up at 0430 to go to work a full day, not a 3-4 hours. I was told that this other person, an 8 year employee with 2 full time, is more necessary than I am apparently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're averaging 3-4 hours of guarantee pay each day?

Hey Dano. How are you, Mrs. Dano and the kids (Steve, Chin Ho, and Zulu) enjoying the new FedEx Dental Plan? Or how about those sharply increased insurance premiums and deductibles for health coverage? When you lose 10 hours per week, do you think this will affect your life at all?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes I am, my manager, instead of looking out for his worker's best interest is looking to cut his hours and keep his ass out of the sling, gave my afternoon work to a PM courier. I have been "assured" that this is being looked into. Personally, I don't like going home early. I get up at 0430 to go to work a full day, not a 3-4 hours. I was told that this other person, an 8 year employee with 2 full time, is more necessary than I am apparently.

Yeah if I were getting 15-20 hours' worth of free money every week, I'd be upset too. WTF??

59 Dano

Hey Dano. How are you, Mrs. Dano and the kids (Steve, Chin Ho, and Zulu) enjoying the new FedEx Dental Plan? Or how about those sharply increased insurance premiums and deductibles for health coverage? When you lose 10 hours per week, do you think this will affect your life at all?

If I'm hourly and I lose 10 hrs per week, they'll have to pay me the guarantee rate. If they are willing to pay me for my leisure time, I'm willing to let them. I wouldn't like the overall drop in income, whatever it may be, but I'll take the free money and find something else to do with that time.

If the FedEx plan gets too expensive for the benefits it delivers, I'll hop over to my wife's plan. In my particular case they can jack the price up as high as they want. Don't mean I'll pay it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I'm hourly and I lose 10 hrs per week, they'll have to pay me the guarantee rate. If they are willing to pay me for my leisure time, I'm willing to let them. I wouldn't like the overall drop in income, whatever it may be, but I'll take the free money and find something else to do with that time.

If the FedEx plan gets too expensive for the benefits it delivers, I'll hop over to my wife's plan. In my particular case they can jack the price up as high as they want. Don't mean I'll pay it.

Must be nice to be so casual about having your pocket picked clean. Let's see. Let's say that you are making $20 per hour, and that you lose 10 hrs per week. That's $200, right? Add-in the $36 additional per month for your Premier Plan rate increase. Then, figure out how much more you'll be paying in dental care, which will vary. If Little Steve, Chin, and Zulu all have cavities, that's a lot. Oh, and don't forget to factor-in the higher medical deductibles, which were already way high.

And what if you or the spouse need major dental work? You know, a root canal, bridge, or crown...the kind of stuff that happens more with older, more senior workers. Your share is now 50% instead of 20%. Think that will make a difference in the Dano household budget. Nah.

Yep, it's a good deal, isn't it Dano?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yeah if I were getting 15-20 hours' worth of free money every week, I'd be upset too. WTF??

I guess that my work ethic is not the same as yours, or maybe I am just old fashioned. I prefer to get paid an honest days pay for an honest days work, but my employer prefers to pay me to go home. I certainly wish I was salaried so that I could draw 40 instead of 35, but I digress. The crack management team at my station would rather pay me to go home than to work. Such is Freds playland. Also, do you have any clue how hard it is to pay bills on 35 hours a week? I do and soon, if you are a frontline employee like you claim you are, you will too.

59 Dano

Must be nice to be so casual about having your pocket picked clean. Let's see. Let's say that you are making $20 per hour, and that you lose 10 hrs per week. That's $200, right? Add-in the $36 additional per month for your Premier Plan rate increase. Then, figure out how much more you'll be paying in dental care, which will vary. If Little Steve, Chin, and Zulu all have cavities, that's a lot. Oh, and don't forget to factor-in the higher medical deductibles, which were already way high.

And what if you or the spouse need major dental work? You know, a root canal, bridge, or crown...the kind of stuff that happens more with older, more senior workers. Your share is now 50% instead of 20%. Think that will make a difference in the Dano household budget. Nah.

Yep, it's a good deal, isn't it Dano?

I lose 10 hrs a week, then make most or all of it up with the minimum. The insurance costs go up too much and I go to my wife's plan. So in the end, my overall expenses are up just a bit from where they are at this very instant, my income is about the same, and I have an extra 2 hours a day to spend with my family.

SIGN ME UP!!!

59 Dano

I guess that my work ethic is not the same as yours, or maybe I am just old fashioned. I prefer to get paid an honest days pay for an honest days work, but my employer prefers to pay me to go home.

I'm not going to ask them for something to do when they are willing to pay me to go home and take it easy.

The crack management team at my station would rather pay me to go home than to work.

My advice is to go home and get paid.

Also, do you have any clue how hard it is to pay bills on 35 hours a week?

I know what it would be like to pay MY bills on 35 hours of pay. I don't know how much you make, how much your wife makes, or what your bills are.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I lose 10 hrs a week, then make most or all of it up with the minimum. The insurance costs go up too much and I go to my wife's plan. So in the end, my overall expenses are up just a bit from where they are at this very instant, my income is about the same, and I have an extra 2 hours a day to spend with my family.

SIGN ME UP!!!

NO. Let's say you were at 54 hrs per week instead, and now you're at 35. The jump is even bigger, and this isn't a far-fetched scenario for many couriers. The only was you lose 10 hrs per week and make it up with the minimum is if you went down to 25 hrs per week. Do you really think that Uncle Scrooge is going to pay you to do nothing?

You have Paul Ryan levels of credibility.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I lose 10 hrs a week, then make most or all of it up with the minimum. The insurance costs go up too much and I go to my wife's plan. So in the end, my overall expenses are up just a bit from where they are at this very instant, my income is about the same, and I have an extra 2 hours a day to spend with my family.SIGN ME UP!!!
Yeah if you go on your wife's plan you'd better hope that when you do and open enrollment are happening simultaneously or you're hosed for up to 11 1/2 months.

59 Dano

NO. Let's say you were at 54 hrs per week instead, and now you're at 35.

Do you want me to evaluate something based on how it would affect me, or do you want me to evaluate it based on a scenario that you hand picked specifically to produce the response you wanted?

You have Paul Ryan levels of credibility.

Did you type that with a disguised voice from behind a screen at a big meeting of a big company that invited you to speak about employee relations after meeting one of the execs on a delivery?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you want me to evaluate something based on how it would affect me, or do you want me to evaluate it based on a scenario that you hand picked specifically to produce the response you wanted?

Did you type that with a disguised voice from behind a screen at a big meeting of a big company that invited you to speak about employee relations after meeting one of the execs on a delivery?

I spoke on Thursday to a lunch crowd of around 100. My voice did not get disguised, as I no longer care, and I was in the open in civilian clothes (I changed out of uniform). It went well, and they asked some really good questions. My overall message was that everyone is important in an organization and that FedEx has forgotten that. Some were aware of the October cuts, and I made sure to mention that Mr. Smith has doubled his salary just a few months ago to stick the knife in a few inches further. If word filters back to FedEx, too bad. I was on my own time and out of uniform, and last time I checked, Fred doesn't own my opinions like he does yours.