Apparently Express Hires Unprofessional Drivers

packageguy

Maybe he had a bulk stop that the preloader put at the front of the truck.
Maybe it was a new loader, maybe he was not trained right.
It could be any thing, Maybe like the earlier post stated 10:29,
and did not want to have a late air. We all do it now and then.

vantexan

Funny how quick you all throw out accusations of ground drivers but there's NO WAY this could EVER happen with an EXPRESS driver! Comical.

It's not often that there are serious complaints against Express couriers because as regular employees we are held accountable directly by the company. But as I've transferred around a bit I've heard many complaints from customers about Ground guys. Sorry, might still be a small % of total drivers, but it just happens enough to make me wonder what the heck is going on over there. But you know what? I don't care. I've got enough on my plate to be worrying about some poor guy who really is poor due to the company. In his shoes I might cut corners too. But let's be honest. This thread was posted because someone got their feathers ruffled about critical Ground threads here.

MaineGroundDriver

Well no offense but Ground in it's short existence has accumalated a lot of highlights for news programs.The majority of the accusations are true,no one has any evidence to refute them. My question is how do you know that the driver was not instructed to park that way ? Maybe they did not have a loading dock ? But in the scheme of things what does professionalism have to do with parking nose first ? Or is this the plan that Fedex has now ? Pit Ground against Express ? Starting to look that way. Wall Street will not be pleased.

I don't like to be pitted against Express, but all the Express snobs on here make me feel that way!!

MaineGroundDriver

Dominoes does quite well and Little Caesars is good for a quick football grub kinda meal. In fact, best frozen pizzaas I have eveer had were little 8 inch jobbers from Totinos. Used to get them at Aldi for 99 cents a piece.

Totinos has treated me well over the years! lol

MaineGroundDriver

But let's be honest. This thread was posted because someone got their feathers ruffled about critical Ground threads here.

Truth. 100%. The Express Snobs really leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Luckily MOST of the Express drivers in my area aren't like MOST of the Express posters on this forum. :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Truth. 100%. The Express Snobs really leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Luckily MOST of the Express drivers in my area aren't like MOST of the Express posters on this forum. :)

Tut, tut. Is that Ground rif-raf daring to speak to the upper crust? Hey, maybe you are a Super Driver, and nobody is personally targeting you. I'm glad you think $12-$14 per hour with no benefits is a great job. Jolly good for you. Express is rapidly sinking to Ground's level anyway. Pretty soon we'll be brothers in poverty. See you in the Food Stamp application line, OK?

MaineGroundDriver

Tut, tut. Is that Ground rif-raf daring to speak to the upper crust? Hey, maybe you are a Super Driver, and nobody is personally targeting you. I'm glad you think $12-$14 per hour with no benefits is a great job. Jolly good for you. Express is rapidly sinking to Ground's level anyway. Pretty soon we'll be brothers in poverty. See you in the Food Stamp application line, OK?

The upper crust?? You mean the guys who's paychecks are still getting to them thanks to our backs?? What now, son?

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know about upper, but crust is right. Crusty, weak, easily bullied, spineless, letter-carrying, non-card-signing cry-babies watching their over-inlated egos get bitch-slapped into submission. "Let's write letters!", "Let's have late service!", "Let's make fun of the Ground drivers!" Blah, blah, blah. MFE can't even get card signing in his own station, why would he be able to get it going here in the dispersed kindling of the ether-net? You're right, though, MFE. With the lack of action by the couriers, you all soon will be Ground. Take it or leave it. Fred doesn't care.

Lordtekk

I don't know about upper, but crust is right. Crusty, weak, easily bullied, spineless, letter-carrying, non-card-signing cry-babies watching their over-inlated egos get bitch-slapped into submission. "Let's write letters!", "Let's have late service!", "Let's make fun of the Ground drivers!" Blah, blah, blah. MFE can't even get card signing in his own station, why would he be able to get it going here in the dispersed kindling of the ether-net? You're right, though, MFE. With the lack of action by the couriers, you all soon will be Ground. Take it or leave it. Fred doesn't care.
You guys think you are untouchable ? How do you guys think you got here ? Our backs,hard work and professionalism is what enabled Fedex to be able to purchase RPS. We may be resentful as to how Fedex is now using one division against the other,but do not for a minute assume Ground is carrying Express,we were profitable but according to Fred not profitable enough,so no Ground does not carry Express,never has never will. I have 24 years in this company, I was here when the daily volume was 800,000 a day,we celebrated when we got our 1st million. But we were united,about 30 cents less an hour than a UPS driver,and happy and proud to work at Federal Express. Now with all of the divisiveness and resentment of Ground against Express it's every person for themselves. But Ground do not think this will not happen to you,10% return then more and more and more. So do not sit back and assume that you are safe,the target is on Express' back but after they are done with us,guess who is next ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So do not sit back and assume that you are safe,the target is on Express' back but after they are done with us,guess who is next ?

UPS is next. After Fred has transformed Express in to a part-time delivery company he will focus on luring more shippers away from UPS by highlighting his lower overhead and faster time-in-transit. Today's shippers care more about the bottom line than they do service.

Lordtekk

UPS is next. After Fred has transformed Express in to a part-time delivery company he will focus on luring more shippers away from UPS by highlighting his lower overhead and faster time-in-transit. Today's shippers care more about the bottom line than they do service.
Fedex will never be a threat to UPS,they can swallow us whole and have room left for everyone else. Whatever we do they match it or make it better and with a Union in place yet they still can do it. Fedex may get the business at first but they always seem to lose it to UPS ( Victoria Secret,L.L.Bean,etc.,) because UPS always beats their prices. Even with the "Ground Network" that Fedex is building by cannibalizing Express and giving it to Ground. Imagine if UPS could pay what Ground pays ? But they seem to do it with great wages,benefits and a union. They also work very hard in with no A/C in their trucks in the South. They deserve what they make and I have a lot of respect for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you for the kind words but I think you are underestimating Ground. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. Rumor is UPS will be addressing the wage disparity in our next contract.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you for the kind words but I think you are underestimating Ground. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. Rumor is UPS will be addressing the wage disparity in our next contract.

And if they offer a crap contract based on the wage disparity, I hope UPS strikes. It has never ceased to amaze me how UPS stood-by and watched Ground take market share. The Ground model is quasi-legal at best, which may ultimately be it's undoing, but in the meantime, the average Brown employee seems clueless as to the long-term threat Ground poses.

DontThrowPackages

A strike would be suicidal.
I totally agree. Brown could easily find themselves with thousands of Fedex Ground drivers banging down their door happy to work for half of what UPS pays its current drivers. Couple that with the fact that Fedex has molded these Ground drivers(and many EXpress) to take anything and like. So if Brown paid a Green driver 20 dollars and hr and no raise ever, not a word would come from the green driver.

bbsam

Staff member
Fedex will never be a threat to UPS,they can swallow us whole and have room left for everyone else. Whatever we do they match it or make it better and with a Union in place yet they still can do it. Fedex may get the business at first but they always seem to lose it to UPS ( Victoria Secret,L.L.Bean,etc.,) because UPS always beats their prices. Even with the "Ground Network" that Fedex is building by cannibalizing Express and giving it to Ground. Imagine if UPS could pay what Ground pays ? But they seem to do it with great wages,benefits and a union. They also work very hard in with no A/C in their trucks in the South. They deserve what they make and I have a lot of respect for them.

Ground does not limit its growth to cannibalizing Express. We take it from Brown as well.

vantexan

I totally agree. Brown could easily find themselves with thousands of Fedex Ground drivers banging down their door happy to work for half of what UPS pays its current drivers. Couple that with the fact that Fedex has molded these Ground drivers(and many EXpress) to take anything and like. So if Brown paid a Green driver 20 dollars and hr and no raise ever, not a word would come from the green driver.

Alot of mid-range Express employees would be banging down their door too, especially if UPS offered paid employee healthcare and a traditional pension.

vantexan

Which begs the question, has UPS dropped prices to match Ground? Not from what I've heard. Your statement may have been true at one time, but if FedEx Ground now has the ability to offer similar service for considerably less, do you think the big volume shippers looking to save money will stay loyal to UPS? And if UPS loses enough of that business it will severely impact their ability to provide high pay and great benefits. FedEx Express slowed pay progression and cut benefits to increase profits. UPS will eventually have to do the same just to have profits. Assuming of course there won't be a labor friendly federal gov't with a spine that'll end FedEx Ground's advantage. That probably won't ever happen for one simple reason. It's not just FedEx lobbying for exemptions, etc. Shipping goods is a huge part of the economy and business leaders know what FedEx Ground means to their bottom line. When a Democrat administration and Congress failed to help Express employees it wasn't just Fred S throwing money around but the whole business community. We can't fight the inevitable, and neither can UPS. UPS is the last vestige of the golden years of package delivery. But the times they are a-changin'....