appearance standards

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
With the filthy package cars and "wear any kind of hat you want" appearance standards in my Hub, whiteboard guy seems to fit right in.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
He's just a model, he does not work for UPS. He's is not held to the same standards that drivers and management are held to.

He's also French even though he hides his accent, so if he wanted to he could not become a UPS employee because UPS does not have any hubs in France and will not employ anyone who is a French national.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He's just a model, he does not work for UPS. He's is not held to the same standards that drivers and management are held to.

His name is Andy Azula and he is the creative director for the UPS account for the ad agency that he works for. Rumor is UPS auditioned 1000 actors before deciding to go with Andy, who had submitted a video of himself doing a sample ad.

He's also French even though he hides his accent, so if he wanted to he could not become a UPS employee because UPS does not have any hubs in France and will not employ anyone who is a French national.

This is not worth commenting on.

backinbrown

respect my authority
he's just a model, he does not work for ups. He's is not held to the same standards that drivers and management are held to.

He's also french even though he hides his accent, so if he wanted to he could not become a ups employee because ups does not have any hubs in france and will not employ anyone who is a french national.

is this true?

backinbrown

respect my authority
I think he looks more like the public who we are marketing i think i see him more as an informed customer than a UPS employee i must ponder this a little longer.

UPSNewbie

I have to bring this picture in again...

zomg-you-ve-won-internet.gif

bad company

semi-pro
With the filthy package cars and "wear any kind of hat you want" appearance standards in my Hub, whiteboard guy seems to fit right in.

I happen to like our "wear any kind of hat you want" appearance standard. By the way, just read a PCM on an automotive district initiative to have clean package cars. It also states to write up your car needs to be washed on the DVIR. I'll have to try that one out tomorrow.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I happen to like our "wear any kind of hat you want" appearance standard. By the way, just read a PCM on an automotive district initiative to have clean package cars. It also states to write up your car needs to be washed on the DVIR. I'll have to try that one out tomorrow.

:grill:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
The appearance guidelines are slipping a little where I am. NON-UP* sweatshirts (black or brown with markings),one guy wears a brown The North Face jacket. I have gotten away with wearing a brown fleece that I stitched a old logo from a hat on. I figured why not, it's lighter & warmer than a jacket. But I don't have a problem not wearing it if I'm told I can't.

backinbrown

respect my authority
The appearance guidelines are slipping a little where I am. NON-UP* sweatshirts (black or brown with markings),one guy wears a brown The North Face jacket. I have gotten away with wearing a brown fleece that I stitched a old logo from a hat on. I figured why not, it's lighter & warmer than a jacket. But I don't have a problem not wearing it if I'm told I can't.

iLL STRAIGHTEN THAT OUT WHEN I GET BACK:clubbing:

satellitedriver

Cool idea,
since my pkg car has not been washed in over a year.
I asked for money to power wash my pkg car and was told they had no budget for that.
It goes back to the center for it's regular PM's. New tires, fresh paint on the rims, the mechanics do their job, but it still comes back to me with last years peak filth still on it.
Great public image.
I wash the windshields, mirrors and tail lights daily, for my personal safety.
I am embarrassed daily to drive my pkg car, but, I will be damned if I will wash it off the clock spending my own money and time.
I am not even allowed to enter car wash time into my DIAD.
Rear door seals are shot, the dirt behind the rear interior wheel wells is 2 inches deep.
My mechanic has told me that he can not do any repairs that cost over $100. He is scrounging parts off of old P5's that are in the bone yard waiting to be crushed.
I will write up my car daily for being filthy in the DVIR from now on.
Fat lot of good it will do, but it's a shot.
Thanks for the tip,BC.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Now this is just chaos, the day they write up " wash my truck please " hu. that will tickle the mechanics in your area but make sure you guys and gals check off the safety box on the dvir and write it in the safety section of the page!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Cool idea,
since my pkg car has not been washed in over a year.
I asked for money to power wash my pkg car and was told they had no budget for that.
It goes back to the center for it's regular PM's. New tires, fresh paint on the rims, the mechanics do their job, but it still comes back to me with last years peak filth still on it.
Great public image.
I wash the windshields, mirrors and tail lights daily, for my personal safety.
I am embarrassed daily to drive my pkg car, but, I will be damned if I will wash it off the clock spending my own money and time.
I am not even allowed to enter car wash time into my DIAD.
Rear door seals are shot, the dirt behind the rear interior wheel wells is 2 inches deep.
My mechanic has told me that he can not do any repairs that cost over $100. He is scrounging parts off of old P5's that are in the bone yard waiting to be crushed.
I will write up my car daily for being filthy in the DVIR from now on.
Fat lot of good it will do, but it's a shot.
Thanks for the tip,BC.

Do you have access to a hose where ever you park your PC at night? Why not wash it and just mark it down as an extra long turn in time? They always cried whenever I washed out the inside of my PC when I got back to the building-- but they got over it.:wink2: Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I have washed my truck out numerous times, cause the 22.3 guy doesn't do squat!
And what he does wash looks like crap! I've told him to leave my truck alone as it looks worse after he tries to wash it.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I have washed my truck out numerous times, cause the 22.3 guy doesn't do squat!
And what he does wash looks like crap! I've told him to leave my truck alone as it looks worse after he tries to wash it.

with my raptor claws i may end up taking that job next bid and you know me paid all you have to do is ask and it shall be done