Apple Shipments

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Hey wait a min...I swear I remember reading somewhere that they cant just issue you a warning letter for 1 incident unless its a gross violation of something (ie safety), that it must be documented as a reoccuring event by an olcc trail, hence the 3 olcc= warning letter. Since im not at work and cant look it up, does anyone know if im correct? Or is my mind just imagining things and im off my rocker?
I take all their threats as empty.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Absolutely! For you people that do all these things they tell you to do. Just once, don't do it and majority of the time nothing will happen. I'm talking about things you already feel are shady .

That's right. The Threat Machine only works if you get sucked into it. I agree...just don't do it, and then watch nothing happen. Always remember that most managers don't even have an adequate knowledge of policy, which seems to change all the time anyway. God...what a place.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If this company loses the Apple account which is very likely considering the poor track record we've had, Fred & Co. will blame it all on us and therefore will use it as a weapon to withold raises, more takeaways etc. Talk about a setup. Can see it now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If this company loses the Apple account which is very likely considering the poor track record we've had, Fred & Co. will blame it all on us and therefore will use it as a weapon to withold raises, more takeaways etc. Talk about a setup. Can see it now.

I fully agree. You will also be held accountable for the additional lates you have to take if you have to break route to "save" service on an Apple package. A lot of people on here have been saying that "service doesn't matter" and that "the customer will choose price over speed". Not always. There are some accounts who actually expect us to live-up to the phony promises Fred makes to them, and they get seriously pissed when their valued customers have an overall poor experience because FedEx couldn't deliver the Purple Promise.

As of right now, it's either a Lavender or Pink Promise anyway, because service and customer satisfaction are so weak. Hey Fred, when you treat your employees like dirt, they provide crap service. Or do you need to hire a consulting firm for $3-4M to discover that? Hell, that would be a down payment on Matt's new Gulfstream.

El Morado Diablo

Talk about accountability. They are running daily reports now on Apple pkgs coming into the station each day. We have to initial the report next to the addresses on our routes to acknowledge we have them on the vehicles. I wish they would start this process at the top with the pilots and see where that gets us....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Talk about accountability. They are running daily reports now on Apple pkgs coming into the station each day. We have to initial the report next to the addresses on our routes to acknowledge we have them on the vehicles. I wish they would start this process at the top with the pilots and see where that gets us....

Let's have them start doing reports on all of the major accounts they are losing.