Apple Stock

brown metal coffin

Did anyone pick up any apple stock after the split on Monday? Im thinking that by the time retirement comes around that might just have been worth the investment. Also the other nice thing is that its the top holding in one of the funds in the 401k plan "fund name escapes me now" and that means it split there as well. Could be very lucrative for the long haul. :greedy:

brown metal coffin

I don't think it would dilute the value considering it's coming off its 3rd split from a value of around $650 a share this time. It will be there again over time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think it would dilute the value considering it's coming off its 3rd split from a value of around $650 a share this time. It will be there again over time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It was a 7-1 split it'll be a good while before it thinks of hitting $500 again. Getting in before the split on one of its downturns in the last couple years would of been nice but hindsight is 20/20.

bagpipes

Stock splits don't affect value (unless there is a cash dividend that isn't changed or has < % decrease than share value). Market cap and total value of holdings remain the same.

Only impactful thing that may change is investor speculation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Stock splits don't affect value (unless there is a cash dividend that isn't changed or has < % decrease than share value). Market cap and total value of holdings remain the same.

Only impactful thing that may change is investor speculation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Most stock splits are just used to generate interest in the stock and generate a bump. Wait until the sell off from profit takers after a split before buying. Some people (including my wife) just can't to seem to grasp that for example 100 shares at $20 = 200 shares at $10.

brown metal coffin

The immediate value after a stock split is the same yes; but benefit of a split is to play the long game. Over time when it goes up you have now increased your multiplier for quarterly dividends per share plus what the daily increase is. Most stock splits are always beneficial for the long term.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

I'm not exactly bullish on apple. I think you'll see it hover between $75-125 quite a few years.

The divedend is likely to increase though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday was a good day to be an Apple stockholder. I made just under $1,200 on my holdings. Analysts have the stock going as high as $135/share. I think that it is a bit optimistic, but I see it crossing the $100 threshold before September, if not earlier.

I am also curious as to what the dividend will be after the split.

brown metal coffin

Yesterday was a good day to be an Apple stockholder. I made just under $1,200 on my holdings. Analysts have the stock going as high as $135/share. I think that it is a bit optimistic, but I see it crossing the $100 threshold before September, if not earlier.

I am also curious as to what the dividend will be after the split.

I waited and waited and waited for the earnings report since the split. Im happy with with the results but I honestly believed in my heart that there would be a double digit gain and then it would be off to the races. The 4th quarter will probably be the big one with the new iPhone 6, itime and the cheaper mac thats out right now. Im holding it no matter what.

Brownslave688

The divedend will likely stay the same per share. This is where a stock split pays off. Apple has plenty of cash to even increase it if they want.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The divedend will likely stay the same per share. This is where a stock split pays off. Apple has plenty of cash to even increase it if they want.

The dividend was $3.40/share prior to the split----no way it stays the same----they have already said it would be adjusted----my guess is somewhere in the $.50-.60 range.

Brownslave688

The dividend was $3.40/share prior to the split----no way it stays the same----they have already said it would be adjusted----my guess is somewhere in the $.50-.60 range.
Dang I didn't realize it was that much but then again they have $160+billion in cash on hand. I think they could afford it.

brown metal coffin

Well surprise surprise Amazon posted another huge loss in the 2nd quarter and are down big in after market and the bleeding may not stop tomorrow. These guys just can't turn a profit.

Sent using BrownCafe App