Apple Watch---Big Deal or Big Bust?

DOK

UPS and Apple worked together to create and approve the e-release, which your local management team had no right to override. If I had downloaded, filled out and taped the e-release to my front door, only to come home and not see the package sitting where I had requested, I would have been :censored2:.

Let's say someone went to myups.com and and wanted the package dr'd at the rear door (I'm not sure what this service is called, when you scan the pkg it asks you if you want to dr it at the requested location). Are we permitted to do so?

I mean the customer took the time to set this up on myups, the ups system permitted the customer to set this up for this delivery (What I mean is it recognized it as an Apple product by the shipper number) it shows as an E in front of the pkg in the Diad, but is this permitted for the apple stuff?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. Apple shipments require either a physical signature or e-release.

I hate it when I see the E in my EDD. 9 times out of 10 the delivery location they choose is the only one available. There are times when there is a better DR location than the one chosen---at that point I override their selection.

Just let us do our damn jobs!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have reached over and repositioned the trash cans to hide the rotor.
What if the cans were full, and too heavy to move with one hand while akwardly reaching over the top of a fence? You and I are both over 6 feet tall, with greater than average upper body strength. What might be possible for us probably isnt for Tooner. And as far as the dog goes...if you did decide to reach over that fence to move cans and drop the box...wouldnt you at least want to distract the dog with a biscuit?

soberups

The point is the package could have been safely DR'd within the confines of the fence.
The point is that the customer who ordered the package and knew it was coming could have made some effort to put up a sign, leave a note, or call the 1-800 number in order to give us instructions on how to deliver his package.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I just don't see what the need is. To me, if you are a watch person, MAYBE. But unless you are a status buyer, it seems like a complete waste of money. The people I've talked to that liked the idea, all said that they wouldn't have to take their phone out of their pocket. Is it that difficult or inconvenient to grab your phone from your pocket?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I could not reach the trash cans, I could not reach over the fence, to pull them over. I should have bagged it and threw it like a shot put. On the grass, then I would have been accused of throwing a package.
All this while he was probably watching me out the window so he could call again and complain about me. And then when I did go back he lets the shepard out. I just give it to my route buddy, and let him deal with the guy awhile.
And he has not a problem with it, because he knows me. Unlike others on here who like to nit pick me (I should say One other). Multitudes of time I have put things over the fence in a bag for his convenience. I was afraid of damaging it. Or hurting his dog if it got in the way.
I did what was right for me, move on, One other.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever I do "what is right for me", such as taking my meal break between 1545 and 1630 rather than between the 3rd and 5th hours as required by the contract, I get crucified.

You "do what was right for me" and we all should just "move on"?

soberups

There are at least a dozen customers on my route who have gates, fences, dogs etc just like the situation that Tooner was facing.

The difference is....my customers went to Home Depot or WalMart and spent $10 or $15 on a large plastic garbage can or a tote with a lid on it that they leave outside of the gate for me to put their packages in.

Its not rocket science. Even if I were a customer who didn't give a damn about making it easier for the UPS guy to deliver my package, I would at least want to protect my dog by not creating a situation where a delivery person might accidentally let him out through the gate.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
View attachment 36870So besides blowing my horn, and yelling, for someone to come out...how to proceed? If I throw it over the fence, I risk getting my arm yanked off by the shepard. Not to mention it was a rotor for a car, which I know could crack If I drop it, and a dr bag wont hold it. And exactly how long would you wait? And why is it my problem if he cannot hear me. My choice? Would work here. But I dont deliver it anymore, til it settles down.
NI1

Not yet. But I have sent several back because it says apt 12 when it is a one story 800 sq foot house. And they are not sure if that person lives there. And I usually get a signature. But thanks for asking. The ones who it is obvious need it, I hand it to them gladly. The ones with a Yukon in the drive, and a mercedes on the sidewalk, not so much. Yes I am judgemental. And yes I would call them out.
You need to find a new favorite past time, besides slamming me Just because we have differing views on procedures, doesnt make for all that much fun. At least I am not afraid to ask my fellow upsers for opinions. I admit I am totally capable of making mistakes. I am a human. But you used to be one whos opinion I respected, and still could, but you b walking the line. Have a great day.
He usually has issues with female posters.