Application for a higher position

flyinjay

I have been working in El Paso Tx part time at UPS for 4 years now. I am now looking for a full time position elsewhere. I decided to log onto the ups site and found a few open positions and some that had just been excepting application for the future. As I was applying for a driver position, my application came to a hault due to the system saying I currently work for UPS you can not complete this application, please talk to your supervisor. I did what it said and many people dont know what I am talking about here in el paso. Is there something I can do to get my foot in the door for this positions even though im in a different city. I am willing to relocate and would like to proceed with my applications.
Thank you
Jonathan

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are many threads here which discuss this so I won't go in to detail but basically you would have to quit at your current location, re-apply and (hopefully) get hired at the new location and then simply wait your turn along with everyone else for a FT position. You could quit at your current location and then apply for the FT position at the new location but keep in mind that FT driver positions are filled on a 6 to 1 ratio, meaning they promote 6 insiders before they promote an outsider.

My advice for you is to stay where you are simply wait your turn.

You could also wait 10 years and take my job.:wink2: