applying for an amazon position

STFXG

From where?
HD is growing over 10% every year. That's not from Amazon volume. Our peak is projected at -5% daily volume on the HD side from the loss of Amazon compared to last year. Ground is up 7% this peak. We lost a significant amount of volume when Amazon left and it will be made up by next year from other shippers.

mitchel

i am actually in a good place to start somewhere new...no alimony or child support payments, and I'm in good health. i am just sick of fedex, i am a 16 year employee who is not topped out, and once again looks like I'm getting screwed. by the steps, i will fall about 2 cents below. meaning, once again those being hired now are getting closer to me in pay

vantexan

HD is growing over 10% every year. That's not from Amazon volume. Our peak is projected at -5% daily volume on the HD side from the loss of Amazon compared to last year. Ground is up 7% this peak. We lost a significant amount of volume when Amazon left and it will be made up by next year from other shippers.
He's with UPS so I'm curious as to how they'll make up Amazon volume with FedEx Ground growing so rapidly?

dex 84

I could do without amazon. It's busy enough already, no need for the extra volume. Plus, we could do without the weekly spill of a poorly packaged product from amazon during the sort. Pick the box up off the belt and a glass bottle of vinegar instantly drops out the bottom and smashes on the floor. One piece of tape. One piece of :censored2:ing tape is all they ever use no matter what they're shipping...

CJinx

I could do without amazon. It's busy enough already, no need for the extra volume. Plus, we could do without the weekly spill of a poorly packaged product from amazon during the sort. Pick the box up off the belt and a glass bottle of vinegar instantly drops out the bottom and smashes on the floor. One piece of tape. One piece of :censored2:ing tape is all they ever use no matter what they're shipping...
Jet.com and Walmart are equal opportunity offenders too. Laundry detergent doesn't seem to hold up well to the rigors of the shipping industry.

dex 84

Jet.com and Walmart are equal opportunity offenders too. Laundry detergent doesn't seem to hold up well to the rigors of the shipping industry.

Yeah and i end up delivering a bunch of walmart.com orders because Walmarts are few and far between here.

Over disciplined0123

Amazon Drivers are in my city 7 days a week, many making 19$ an hour to start. Amazon warehouse workers are making 15$ an hour full time with benefits. However, I hear the reputation of it being an intense work environment is simply because of the sheer volume and the fact that it is a results driven company. If you aren't pulling your weight, consequences set in. Unlike X's current labor model of "must have 4 limbs and a pulse."
Why are the teamsters hovering over the amazon warehouse trying to get them to sign a card

SmithBarney

...by the steps, i will fall about 2 cents below. meaning, once again those being hired now are getting closer to me in pay
I think you mis understand the steps, they started last year.
Now assume you are on step 4 or 5 last year, this year you move up one step(+1 whatever step you were on) all the steps from 2-9 went up 2%(Steps 1 and 10) got a 3% increase, presumably to entice new hires with better wages, and to entice oldtimers to stay)

vantexan

I think you mis understand the steps, they started last year.
Now assume you are on step 4 or 5 last year, this year you move up one step(+1 whatever step you were on) all the steps from 2-9 went up 2%(Steps 1 and 10) got a 3% increase, presumably to entice new hires with better wages, and to entice oldtimers to stay)
He posted that over a year ago. As I recall at the time there was wild speculation that it was all smoke and mirrors and the company was going to continue to screw over everyone. So not surprising he was conflicted about staying.

SmithBarney

He posted that over a year ago. As I recall at the time there was wild speculation that it was all smoke and mirrors and the company was going to continue to screw over everyone. So not surprising he was conflicted about staying.

Oh, thanks alot robsmy for bumping a year old topic... damn me for having to check dates! ;)