Appointment Time!

ManInBrown

LMAO. this lacky thinks couriers are still following directives from mgmt. Get a clue. I, along with a lot of my co workers across the country now do our "own thing" on road. Now get back to shining Fred's shoes stat.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
LMAO. this lacky thinks couriers are still following directives from mgmt. Get a clue. I, along with a lot of my co workers across the country now do our "own thing" on road. Now get back to shining Fred's shoes stat.

Sure you do, pal, sure you do ;)

Now go fluff MFE again.

ManInBrown

Ahhhhhh....1511est and currently have 14 SOS left onboard. Nothing beats givin em lates. Of course, I could have gotten them off earlier but had no desire to do so. LOL

ManInBrown

Sure you do, pal, sure you do ;)

Now go fluff MFE again.
Let me tell you something lacky boy. If I told you who I was, you could call my mgmt team and you would find out real fast how I "do my own thing". They can fire me any time they want. Wouldnt lose a wink of sleep over it. They would be doing me a favor if they did. They are either too stupid or also just dont care. Because they havent done it yet. Not going to deny I definitely used to be a company man. Went the extra mile. Hustled somewhat. Those days are long gone. Now go fetch masta some BBQ. :censored2: Freddy. LOL

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Rumor has it that we're going to start our delivery appointments service in a month.Enjoy!

So, this is April's "huge announcement". This is a re-invention of the wheel, except that it is square. Please tell me how an organization that cannot handle the current level of complexity will cope with a new, added level?

We can't even get FO straight, and that's an appointment "window", not a hard, established time.

I predict chaos and failure. Did you think it up?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This is excellent news!....I'm all for anything that creates yet more chaos aboard this sinking garbage scow

TUT

Delivery appointments service? Anything like HD's appointment premium service?

And that basically doesn't work. Those services should be sunsett'ed. Tried them, your delivery people don't want to be lassoed in to a time. They will call people with either evening delivery or appt and ask "hey I'm in the area is it ok to deliver it now?" and things of that nature, which upsets the customer. The drivers also don't want to be out that late if they aren't out late naturally. Sounds great, but in practice... fail.

Then you have Wal Mart looking at store customers delivering Home Delivery to other customers. Total fail there, fired for even suggesting it bad.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Delivery appointments service? Now this is beyong friggin stupid.

Probably an idea from the useless dead weight and overpaid department in Memphis.

TUT

Delivery appointments service? Now this is beyong friggin stupid.

Probably an idea from the useless dead weight and overpaid department in Memphis.

UPS offers a 2hour window option with My Choice:

Confirmed 2-hour Delivery Window
UPS My Choice Premium Members can choose from up to three different confirmed 2-hour delivery windows.

Members can select one of the confirmed delivery window options as early as two days before the scheduled delivery date and as late as 3 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

If your schedule changes and you need to cancel a confirmed 2-hour delivery window, you must cancel before 3 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

There is a $5 fee for a confirmed 2-hour delivery window. Your payment method will be billed only upon the timely delivery of your package.

jmeti000

"Members can select one of the confirmed delivery window options as early as two days before the scheduled delivery date and as late as 3 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery."

HAHAHA...Id like to see how they plan to pull this off with overnight and 2 day freight.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
UPS offers a 2hour window option with My Choice:

Confirmed 2-hour Delivery Window
UPS My Choice Premium Members can choose from up to three different confirmed 2-hour delivery windows.

Members can select one of the confirmed delivery window options as early as two days before the scheduled delivery date and as late as 3 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

If your schedule changes and you need to cancel a confirmed 2-hour delivery window, you must cancel before 3 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

There is a $5 fee for a confirmed 2-hour delivery window. Your payment method will be billed only upon the timely delivery of your package.

No offense but that's stupid too.

SmithBarney

Awesome! More hours and more miles, and more $$ for CRRs Lets see customer pays $5 to have me there at a certain time..
ok well its 20 min off my trace(40minutes total = $13 of pay) roughly 10miles(20miles at 10mpg = [email protected] ~$7 in fuel)
So we just spent $20 Dollars to deliver a package with a $5 surcharge, not including other possible lates)

Great Idea...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Awesome! More hours and more miles, and more $$ for CRRs Lets see customer pays $5 to have me there at a certain time..
ok well its 20 min off my trace(40minutes total = $13 of pay) roughly 10miles(20miles at 10mpg = [email protected] ~$7 in fuel)
So we just spent $20 Dollars to deliver a package with a $5 surcharge, not including other possible lates)

Great Idea...

You have mastered Management Math. The golden key to Memphis has opened for you and you may enter the hallowed Circle of Stupidity whereupon you shall be free to dispense moronic policy forever more without fear of being fired.

Congratulations...you are now a Memphoid.