Appointment Time!

TUT

Fedex has become a joke tut! Period

Perhaps, but to note they didn't invent it. As we know, Brown and Purple go blow for blow. UPS has this offering now (Ground has had it for years) and Fedex feels the need to match with Express. I doubt UPS gets that much volume either. Now this looks and sounds great, but it is a logistics nightmare. The customer needs to realize they aren't the true center of the universe, the services the companies offer are totally adequate, but are based on well designed delivery plans. Putting in a random "be here at this time" can simply throw off the entire plan created for a driver, it really goes against several other projects all carriers have been working towards for 10 years. hundreds of people, thousands of man hours... One person calls "be here then" all up in smoke. It's right up there with Walmart thinking actual customers can deliver packages to other customers in the area, lol.

TUT

i had to deal with evening appointment deliveries & it wasn't fun (i wasn't getting paid by the hour to begin with).

the regular driver in the service area i covered 2 days ago was normally done by 1500 & i had to hang around until 1700 to make the 2 evening appointments (it's a 3 hour window beween 1700-2000) ~ so i looped around to also do a 2nd attempts (at getting signatures) at a few apartment buildings to burn some time.

they should just ask for it to be diverted to the local Kinko's ~ i mean FedEx Office location for them to go and sign for them... a few around my area are already 24 hours ?!?!

Agreed, from my perspective it doesn't work for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I think you may have something with Fedex Office, take that idea and then throw in Walmart ToGo idea. The customer has the option today of take it to Office for pickup (Hold At Location) or use a timely delivery (idea), though it has to be in a certain radius, aka not offered to every zip code, that is just crazy). The one's on timed delivery pay a little more and a Fedex Office person gets in their Office Togo Truck and they deliver the package. This doesn't then interrupt the standard drivers daily routine, I'm not sure how either company can look past this.

UPS probably offered this because of Ground delivery options. Then Express is offering it now because UPS has my choice. There needs to be a mixer between these two companies depts... and just end it. It messes with too many other plans and potentially the bulk of my packages to, because of totally snotty impatient customer. Again if one wants to act that way it comes with a cost and that is overnight morning delivery.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Perhaps, but to note they didn't invent it. As we know, Brown and Purple go blow for blow. UPS has this offering now (Ground has had it for years) and Fedex feels the need to match with Express. I doubt UPS gets that much volume either. Now this looks and sounds great, but it is a logistics nightmare. The customer needs to realize they aren't the true center of the universe, the services the companies offer are totally adequate, but are based on well designed delivery plans. Putting in a random "be here at this time" can simply throw off the entire plan created for a driver, it really goes against several other projects all carriers have been working towards for 10 years. hundreds of people, thousands of man hours... One person calls "be here then" all up in smoke. It's right up there with Walmart thinking actual customers can deliver packages to other customers in the area, lol.

It really has become a total joke, especially in locations that have DRA. You have to see it to believe it.

overflowed

Perhaps, but to note they didn't invent it. As we know, Brown and Purple go blow for blow. UPS has thois offering nw (Ground has had it for years) and Fedex feels the need to match with Express. I doubt UPS gets that much volume either. Now this looks and sounds great, but it is a logistics nightmare. The customer needs to realize they aren't the true center of the universe, the services the companies offer are totally adequate, but are based on well designed delivery plans. Putting in a random "be here at this time" can simply throw off the entire plan created for a driver, it really goes against several other projects all carriers have been working towards for 10 years. hundreds of people, thousands of man hours... One person calls "be here then" all up in smoke. It's right up there with Walmart thinking actual customers can deliver packages to other customers in the area, lol.
Like 2 day AM. Barely ever see it for the amount of effort and money put in.

Keystone

Next it will be first priority morning express saver, with available appointment time. What ever happened to the trial of two attempts and done?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Next it will be first priority morning express saver, with available appointment time. What ever happened to the trial of two attempts and done?

How about E2 First Overnight, with guaranteed delivery within 2 days before sunset for an extra $75?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let me tell you something lacky boy. If I told you who I was, you could call my mgmt team and you would find out real fast how I "do my own thing". They can fire me any time they want. Wouldnt lose a wink of sleep over it. They would be doing me a favor if they did. They are either too stupid or also just dont care. Because they havent done it yet. Not going to deny I definitely used to be a company man. Went the extra mile. Hustled somewhat. Those days are long gone. Now go fetch masta some BBQ. :censored2: Freddy. LOL

Oh looky, another with an undescended pair who likes to talk big. When you grow a pair big enough to do anything besides post here, holla.

59 Dano

So, this is April's "huge announcement". This is a re-invention of the wheel, except that it is square. Please tell me how an organization that cannot handle the current level of complexity will cope with a new, added level?

We can't even get FO straight, and that's an appointment "window", not a hard, established time.

I predict chaos and failure. Did you think it up?

I had zilch to do with it and don't know how it will play out. With the premium that will be charged for it, it's unlikely that it will be something that will affect a large percentage of packages.

You are so quick to judge everything as a failure. Just because all of your stupid plans are illogical and harebrained is no reason to be such a bitter person. I've dealt with failures who were still happy people despite that. Strive, loser.

59 Dano

Awesome! More hours and more miles, and more $$ for CRRs Lets see customer pays $5 to have me there at a certain time..
ok well its 20 min off my trace(40minutes total = $13 of pay) roughly 10miles(20miles at 10mpg = [email protected] ~$7 in fuel)
So we just spent $20 Dollars to deliver a package with a $5 surcharge, not including other possible lates)

Great Idea...

Where did you come up with this $5 surcharge? It will be a bit more than that and probably significantly more.

59 Dano

It came from Dano, it has to be true...it just has to be.

It's planned roll-out is by the end of this month or the first of May.

I'd love to be the guy who swears up and down that something is going to happen, that I know all these big shots in the company who told me as much, and that I've seen all the internal documents that confirm it. Sadly, we already have one of those here and he gets things wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had zilch to do with it and don't know how it will play out. With the premium that will be charged for it, it's unlikely that it will be something that will affect a large percentage of packages.

You are so quick to judge everything as a failure. Just because all of your stupid plans are illogical and harebrained is no reason to be such a bitter person. I've dealt with failures who were still happy people despite that. Strive, loser.

I strive to not be anything like you, which equals being a winner all around. Now, go back to licking MT3's shoes.