Approved Meeting

newarkster

Do all center sups tell you to code off 10 or 15 minutes to approved meeting? There are times when we code off more time than what our actual pcm was.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's a double edged sword. You're helping them falsify their reports by making their AM time look good and incorrectly making the preload look good, but you're also helping your planned day (if you care about that sort of thing).

Box Ox

As far as I know, the preload account is charged for driver pay between supposed preload end and driver on the road. Maybe there was some pressure on that side of things.

100% Trace

center manager is making their PPH on preload good. Think about 60 drivers with extended AM time of 10 minutes a piece loading trucks. That's a large hit to their PPH. If they didn't fudge the numbers, that's a bigger butt chewing than normal on one of their 7 conference calls they have by 800 in the morning. That's all them... I'll stick to getting my poor dispatches and making that OT.

Paid by the hour

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always put 15 min for approved meeting. They don't always start on time or end on time it seems. That 15 min you code out is helping you trim 25 clicks off your over allowed. Its a game whatever dude, its a win win in both ways.

barnyard

KTM rider
When our preload is not wrapped, we have a longer PCM, which is coded to approved meeting. I have not seen that abused at my center.

I also would not code out approved meeting unless the bosses told me to. I would not want to get caught up falsifying my timecard.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't know if it's everywhere or not, but in my department, We had to take a test every month about space and visibility, seeing habits, etc. It was the same test every month and it was essay questions. Took 15-20 minutes. We always used the "training" code for almost every meeting, test, TW supervisor etc to cover our time spent. management sure didn't want your name to pop up on one of their "10 worst lists" for overallowed on SW, TA or FW.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Don't you like the extended meetings coded for safety cause the preload s not done or the air is not all down. I'm usually on the belt trying to figure how am I gonna deliver everything.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've done it both ways. If you do it right you can really twist someone's cap back. I've gotten people terminated using it. Just remember that ups eats their own. They won't think twice about firing your boss.
They pulled some crap last week. Every year, whenever we have to do the hazmat recertification...they tell me to come in a half hour early before the sort to watch the stupid video and take the test. I've seen people in the primary doing that a week ago.

I come in..the sort starts...my PT sup comes over...hands me my recertification test, tells me to stop loading and fill it out right now. I asked if I'm supposed to watch the.video..he said no, we don't do that anymore (lie) and hands me another loader's hazmat test with the correct answers to copy from. That doesn't sound right. I want my 30min pay.

upsbeernut

I don't know if it's everywhere or not, but in my department, We had to take a test every month about space and visibility, seeing habits, etc. It was the same test every month and it was essay questions. Took 15-20 minutes. We always used the "training" code for almost every meeting, test, TW supervisor etc to cover our time spent. management sure didn't want your name to pop up on one of their "10 worst lists" for overallowed on SW, TA or FW.
I remember that but haven't seen it that in 3 years. We are proud to have a dok question freak that sits in front of the office hired inside by the center manager to put you on the spot at 7:30 to 9:00 pm and ask all the dok questions once a month. Bleary eyed I tell him nicely I just worked 10 hours do you mind if I go home before I pass out here? I promise ill study so I can get a 100 forwarded onto the daily report so the center manager looks good and moves to another center.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I remember that but haven't seen it that in 3 years. We are proud to have a dok question freak that sits in front of the office hired inside by the center manager to put you on the spot at 7:30 to 9:00 pm and ask all the dok questions once a month. Bleary eyed I tell him nicely I just worked 10 hours do you mind if I go home before I pass out here? I promise ill study so I can get a 100 forwarded onto
No the hazmat test is different from the dok test. I don't really need to watch the stupid video...but cheating shouldn't be an option.

AndUPSER

They pulled some crap last week. Every year, whenever we have to do the hazmat recertification...they tell me to come in a half hour early before the sort to watch the stupid video and take the test. I've seen people in the primary doing that a week ago.

I come in..the sort starts...my PT sup comes over...hands me my recertification test, tells me to stop loading and fill it out right now. I asked if I'm supposed to watch the.video..he said no, we don't do that anymore (lie) and hands me another loader's hazmat test with the correct answers to copy from. That doesn't sound right. I want my 30min pay.

They had me come in 90 minutes early a few weeks ago to do the hazmat recertification and other safety stuff. The videos were pretty funny.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We do the video every January here like clockwork, and it's definitely coded out. No way are there any meetings coded out unless they actually happen, yes it's cheating. I've known of one center manager termed for number fudging in our area. There are plenty of other dishonest things happening, but not those particular two .

rod

Retired 22 years
Work as directed. They are just fudging their numbers. They ALL do it one way or the other--its the UPS way.

upsbeernut

Work as directed. They are just fudging their numbers. They ALL do it one way or the other--its the UPS way.
Fudging, who knows what they are tweaking cause theres no formula for us to go by especially in the time allowance dept.so a warning letter ought to be issued for the entire management team for years of bogus reports.