Approved Meeting

AKCoverMan

I've never heard of coding off the normal daily PCM to approved meeting. But if I can't hop in the car and go after PCM it's getting appropriately coded off to either approved meeting or training or sort/load(skilled). Usually sort/load(skilled) as the reason can't leave is usually the car isn't done being loaded.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've never heard of coding off the normal daily PCM to approved meeting. But if I can't hop in the car and go after PCM it's getting appropriately coded off to either approved meeting or training or sort/load(skilled). Usually sort/load(skilled) as the reason can't leave is usually the car isn't done being loaded.

We are no longer allowed to use sort/load in my center.

Z

ZQXC

averaging about 20-25 minutes of am time every day / they can't get the sort down

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Work as directed. They are just fudging their numbers. They ALL do it one way or the other--its the UPS way.
Exactly. UPS cannot even get "their" job done without fudging numbers, so how do they expect us to get "our" job done with numbers that look good since we are not allowed to "fudge" them.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Fudging, who knows what they are tweaking cause theres no formula for us to go by especially in the time allowance dept.so a warning letter ought to be issued for the entire management team for years of bogus reports.
Did that. caught management changing drivers leave building time after they had already left. Pushed the time back 10 minutes on every driver to make their sort look better.

I typed up a warning letter, on union letterhead, including the phrase "disciplinary action up to and including discharge," and gave it to my boss. I was a package steward at the time. He was not very happy. As a matter of fact, he was pissed. He dd not know what to say or do. The number fudging stopped.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Gosh, whatever you do don't code it out sort and load unless your allowed to. Someone flipped out in my face and it makes preload look bad heaven forbid.

9.5er

Only time I code out any type of "other work" is when directed. If the car is not wrapped up when pcm is over I finish it up and don't worry about how long my inside building time is. 5 min. or 15 min. not my problem.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Did that. caught management changing drivers leave building time after they had already left. Pushed the time back 10 minutes on every driver to make their sort look better.

I typed up a warning letter, on union letterhead, including the phrase "disciplinary action up to and including discharge," and gave it to my boss. I was a package steward at the time. He was not very happy. As a matter of fact, he was pissed. He dd not know what to say or do. The number fudging stopped.
Recently our center manager was not there Monday and rumors were flying around like pigeons in a park. Well, he was fudging numbers and using drivers in two totally different zip codes. Now he's a on car sup in another building and was never heard from again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The only time I will ever code out "approved meeting" is if I was given an early start time specifically for the purpose of hazmat or DOK training and I actually attended a real meeting.

If they tell me to put in approved meeting just because preload didnt wrap, I ignore them. They have the ability to edit my timecard and add a meeting if they want to. Im not going to falsify anything for them.

rod

Retired 22 years
For awhile after the 1,000th time of rearranging the line up I ended up stuck behind a building post with a P1000 on either side of me. Needless to say I couldn't get out even if I wanted to. I probably averaged at least 20 extra minutes a day sitting there picking my nose while they finnished loading those two big turds. I was always amazed when they were stupid enough to tell me to leave.

Man Of Brown

I don't even know how to code out anything. They've never told me. But the center manager did say code out 10 minutes to everyone one morning. Oh well.

AKCoverMan

Gosh, whatever you do don't code it out sort and load unless your allowed to. Someone flipped out in my face and it makes preload look bad heaven forbid.
They are more than welcome to flip out in my face for coding something the way it went down, can't discipline for honestly. And I get paid OT to listen to the flip out. Would be entertaining.

But hasn't happened in my center.