APWA Gets a Freigh Hub

mittam

As to the first post the APWA has not won representation rights for anyone.

In regards to the supposed election I assume the IBT will be on this same ballot? Seems a little one sided if its just the APWA or nothing.

Seems a little one sided to give Indy the voluntary recognition but deny APWA the same in Kansas City.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Seems a little one sided to give Indy the voluntary recognition but deny APWA the same in Kansas City.
Mittam ups gave the ibt voluntary recognition for one hub. the ibt then choose the indy hub to be the first freight barn to teamsterize. Mittam we as upsers should be very concerned and assist the teamsters in the organizing efforts of the freight side. If we fail to teamsterize these barns how long do you think it will take ups to start moving the work to its non-union side? Its been done time and time again over the years with other union carriers.

brett636

You seem to forget that the teamsters are a nationally recognized union. The APWA is a 4 letter organization run by a couple of clowns.

30andout

You seem to forget that the teamsters are a nationally recognized union. The APWA is a 4 letter organization run by a couple of clowns.
Brett, I'm not totally sure about the APWA, but you stated in another post you were thrown out of a meeting for just asking questions. I don't think they will get very far if thats what they are going around the country doing. What meeting did you attend??

brett636

yes, what kind of questions did you asked?

Please learn how to use proper grammar before you asked me a question. :confused:1

To answer 30andout and your poorly worded post I have not attended any APWA meetings. Remember they were supppsedly here in Indy at the same time the teamsters were getting cards signed by the UPSF hub. Although they showed no interest in talking to the actually UPSers in the area they supposedly successfully thwarted the teamsters attempt to unionize the freight hub here. [sarcasm off]

The information I have on how their meetings are run I recieved straight from those who have posted here that have been to their meetings. Questions like "How are you being funded?" and "what kind of representation experience do you have?" get ignored and those asking are at risk for being removed against their will. Tough questions recieving the cold shoulder is not how you get my vote.

30andout

Please learn how to use proper grammar before you asked me a question. :confused:1

To answer 30andout and your poorly worded post I have not attended any APWA meetings. Remember they were supppsedly here in Indy at the same time the teamsters were getting cards signed by the UPSF hub. Although they showed no interest in talking to the actually UPSers in the area they supposedly successfully thwarted the teamsters attempt to unionize the freight hub here. [sarcasm off]

The information I have on how their meetings are run I recieved straight from those who have posted here that have been to their meetings. Questions like "How are you being funded?" and "what kind of representation experience do you have?" get ignored and those asking are at risk for being removed against their will. Tough questions recieving the cold shoulder is not how you get my vote.
Brett, sorry to hear you base your opinions on things you read on this board. I'm not saying people lie on this or any other board but not all is absolute truth, so don't make it sound as if you have been thrown out of any meetings until it happens. If you want to base your life on other peoples opinions I feel sorry for you. I don't know that APWA is the answer, but I have at least MET Van and Danny and feel they are sincere people who want the best for their fellow employees.

sawdusttv

Questions like" how are you being funded? and who have you represented?" are nothing more than personal attacks at best. They are not asked with the purpose of learning anything, but meant to disrupt a meeting. These two questions have been asked over and over and no matter how these men answer the questions they will only be attaked further.
These questions are a prime example of Teamster intimidation and strong arm tactics that we all have grown to love and charish! :lol::lol::lol:

brett636

Brett, sorry to hear you base your opinions on things you read on this board. I'm not saying people lie on this or any other board but not all is absolute truth, so don't make it sound as if you have been thrown out of any meetings until it happens. If you want to base your life on other peoples opinions I feel sorry for you. I don't know that APWA is the answer, but I have at least MET Van and Danny and feel they are sincere people who want the best for their fellow employees.

So I am supposed to ignore those that have been to these meetings, and have seen this happen, but I am supposed to take your word as gospel because you supposedly met van and dan? Nice double standard. :thumbdown

brett636

Questions like" how are you being funded? and who have you represented?" are nothing more than personal attacks at best. They are not asked with the purpose of learning anything, but meant to disrupt a meeting. These two questions have been asked over and over and no matter how these men answer the questions they will only be attaked further.
These questions are a prime example of Teamster intimidation and strong arm tactics that we all have grown to love and charish! :lol::lol::lol:

I rest my case.

I can't imagine why anyone would support these bozos when they conduct their "meetings" like this.

30andout

So I am supposed to ignore those that have been to these meetings, and have seen this happen, but I am supposed to take your word as gospel because you supposedly met van and dan? Nice double standard. :thumbdown
I don't think you should take my word as gospel either, but don't base your opinion on what you have read here that has supposedly happened to someone else. I heard many questions asked at the meeting I was at and at no time was anyone told or asked to leave. Why would I make this up????

sawdusttv

I don't think you should take my word as gospel either, but don't base your opinion on what you have read here that has supposedly happened to someone else. I heard many questions asked at the meeting I was at and at no time was anyone told or asked to leave. Why would I make this up????

30 andout,

Brett is talking about the questions that have no purpose but to disrupt the meeting. The questions that are asked by the people that did not come to the meeting to hear what the APWA had to say. Their only reason for being at the meeting is to try and keep others from hearing the APWA's message at all cost.
You can read between the lines of Brett's threads on this subject and see that. If the people that keep preaching that same retoric would be honest, they would just come out and say," we go to these meetings armed with these questions that our teamster officials have given us in order to keep my fellow UPsers from getting any informatiom that might sway them to support the APWA.

brett636

30 andout,

Brett is talking about the questions that have no purpose but to disrupt the meeting. The questions that are asked by the people that did not come to the meeting to hear what the APWA had to say. Their only reason for being at the meeting is to try and keep others from hearing the APWA's message at all cost.
You can read between the lines of Brett's threads on this subject and see that. If the people that keep preaching that same retoric would be honest, they would just come out and say," we go to these meetings armed with these questions that our teamster officials have given us in order to keep my fellow UPsers from getting any informatiom that might sway them to support the APWA.

Yea, your right. I should just go to a meeting and not ask any questions that may disrupt it. I should just blindly praise van and danny as our labor issue massiahs here to save us from the poor pay and non existent benefits we currently recieve from UPS. Thats how a successful labor organization is run! :closedeye

brett636

Maybe because you have before? I remember you telling me the card signing in Indy is going great, but I will let you in on a little secret. I work at Indy. I am a fulltime employee with several close friends who are also fulltime. I have not heard, seen, nor been asked to sign a card for the APWA by anybody that I work with or hang out with outside of work.

Not to mention you again reiterate your double standard. You tell me I should ignore the experiences of others at the APWA meeting by referring to them as opinions, but I should believe what you say about meeting experiences. Perhaps you enjoy feeling good about your transparent rhetoric, but looking beyond it may help you seem a little more intelligent.

sawdusttv

Yea, your right. I should just go to a meeting and not ask any questions that may disrupt it. I should just blindly praise van and danny as our labor issue massiahs here to save us from the poor pay and non existent benefits we currently recieve from UPS. Thats how a successful labor organization is run! :closedeye

No Brett, not at all! I think if you are going with an open mind in an attempt to get info and understand the situation, by all means go, ask questions, find out all that you can in order to help yourself and your fellow employees. BUT, if the only reason for going is to try and cause trouble and keep others from getting the info that they came to get, THEN STAY AT HOME!
I don't know that I can put it any clearer!

brett636

No Brett, not at all! I think if you are going with an open mind in an attempt to get info and understand the situation, by all means go, ask questions, find out all that you can in order to help yourself and your fellow employees. BUT, if the only reason for going is to try and cause trouble and keep others from getting the info that they came to get, THEN STAY AT HOME!
I don't know that I can put it any clearer!

Its painfully obvious that even you do not understand what you are trying to say. The questions that I highlighted above are legitimate questions that deserves answers. If the APWA and its leaders have already labeled those questions as disruptions then the APWA is definitly not who I would want at any negotiating table for me on anything.

any122

adirondack man

Brett lies he is not out of the Indy term.Not the old Overnite term anyway.He may be adisgrunttle Motor Cargo employee that had his pay reduced.But from the dribble he spills from his lips he is no Overnite employee.If you no what the APWA tryed to do in Indy in which i do you would no Brett is no Indy employee.I think Brett is A IBT slug and thats all .Hoping to get on the Hoffa payrole!I don't think Brett has attended an IBT meeting before eithere or he would be crying how they threw him out.Thats right Brett Boy ask the great REAMSTERS where your money is and see how quick you find your _ss out on the street.After all the union that you say isn't a union just gave the IBT a major blow by getting Kansas city.The people on the freight side no the IBT is on the way out.Anyway good luck Brett telling your lies the people on this site who have read your on readable crap wish you would go back to teamster .net over there they like to here you cry!

U

UPS FREIGHT WORKER

Brett lies he is not out of the Indy term.Not the old Overnite term anyway.He may be adisgrunttle Motor Cargo employee that had his pay reduced.But from the dribble he spills from his lips he is no Overnite employee.If you no what the APWA tryed to do in Indy in which i do you would no Brett is no Indy employee.I think Brett is A IBT slug and thats all .Hoping to get on the Hoffa payrole!I don't think Brett has attended an IBT meeting before eithere or he would be crying how they threw him out.Thats right Brett Boy ask the great REAMSTERS where your money is and see how quick you find your _ss out on the street.After all the union that you say isn't a union just gave the IBT a major blow by getting Kansas city.The people on the freight side no the IBT is on the way out.Anyway good luck Brett telling your lies the people on this site who have read your on readable crap wish you would go back to teamster .net over there they like to here you cry!

I have no message, so I attack the messenger.

30andout

Maybe because you have before? I remember you telling me the card signing in Indy is going great, but I will let you in on a little secret. I work at Indy. I am a fulltime employee with several close friends who are also fulltime. I have not heard, seen, nor been asked to sign a card for the APWA by anybody that I work with or hang out with outside of work.

Not to mention you again reiterate your double standard. You tell me I should ignore the experiences of others at the APWA meeting by referring to them as opinions, but I should believe what you say about meeting experiences. Perhaps you enjoy feeling good about your transparent rhetoric, but looking beyond it may help you seem a little more intelligent.
Brett unlike you I will admit I was misinformed about the Indy situation. I was not lieing, we have a direct feeder run to Indy and I was misinformed by a sub driver about the situation there. I think the reason you have not been approached is because you are not Central States. I am not as I said totally sold on the APWA but at least I am not as narrow minded as you. Although you sound like an idiot, I wouldn't say that unless I talked to you face to face like I have Van and Danny. I am not a**
enough to do that to anyone based on just reading posts on this board.