APWA - Is it a real alternative or a foolish choice?

What is your opinion about the Association of Parcel Workers of America?

• I'm a member, it's about time someone challenged the Teamsters

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Sounds like a good idea, but I'm just not sure

Votes: 55 34.8%
  • We need solidarity, let's stick with the Teamster's

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • It's an effort to bust the union, no way I'll even consider it

Votes: 38 24.1%

• Total voters

705red

Browncafe Steward
All I can say is. DUH!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by shifter11
Ups Employees are the weak link in any local. If they cannot show stength as part of a strong group. How are they going to anything standing on their own?

Shifter is right, we would be weaker than the seiu union, and they members make a little more than mininum wage.

satellitedriver

You can be certain that the people behind this APWA "union" or whatever it is are none other than UPS management themselves. They're trying to divide and conquer. From the sound of some of these posts, they may just succeed.
I am not a teamster,(use to be) nor am I management. I am a AWPA Charter Member UPS driver. 20+ years and I scabbed from the teamsters during the 97' strike because of my realization that the teamster management put their agenda above the welfare of UPS employees.
Yes,I wish to divide the teamsters from UPS. No need for us to conquer. They are doing that job well enough on their own.
You said," they just might succeed".
My response to that is, "From your lips, to the ears of God".

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Originally Posted by shifter11
Ups Employees are the weak link in any local. If they cannot show stength as part of a strong group. How are they going to anything standing on their own?

Shifter is right, we would be weaker than the seiu union, and they members make a little more than mininum wage.
If we are the weakest link, then the teamsters should be glad to get rid of us. I would hate to see UPS drag down the teamsters.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If we are the weakest link, then the teamsters should be glad to get rid of us. I would hate to see UPS drag down the teamsters.
Its you and others scabs and withdrawing upsers that are the weak links. You have no businees commenting on the teamsters because your a company sellout!!!!!!!

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Its you and others scabs and withdrawing upsers that are the wink links. You have no businees commenting on the teamsters because your a company sellout!!!!!!!
I have the right to comment on the organization that takes from UPS, more than it gives. I do not know about the other scabs, but I only wink at pretty girls.

krash

Go big orange
I am not a teamster,(use to be) nor am I management. I am a AWPA Charter Member UPS driver. 20+ years and I scabbed from the teamsters during the 97' strike because of my realization that the teamster management put their agenda above the welfare of UPS employees.
Yes,I wish to divide the teamsters from UPS. No need for us to conquer. They are doing that job well enough on their own.
You said," they just might succeed".
My response to that is, "From your lips, to the ears of God".
You oughta make one heck-of-a APWA member then. Lets hope they don't call a strike:lol: There won't be anyone to man the line.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
most of UPS does not have it as good as your Chicago area your in a whole other world.

This is almost certainly true. As I've stated in other posts, Chicago's union contract was strange and management was even more strange in terms of their relationship with the union. It might as well have been an entirely different world, 30. I'm almost not certain this is the same company I worked for in Chicago! There're a number of visible differences in the hub. This isn't the forum for those observations, though. -Rocky

BCFan

This is a great group, we need to support the APWA and get more members so this goes across the country , then we can replace the old corrupted bargaining agent
:confused:1 So Mittam are you the number 1 cheerleader for this union-busting pro-company anti-worker group of disgruntled (sic) Teamster brothers and sisters? Not trying to put you down but if we all drink the Kool-Aid will that make all things perfect?:confused:1 I guess if you folks had to care for an ageing parent or a disabled spouse y'all would want to abandon their needs to that of a total stranger.....Point is you guys wanna throw the baby out with the bath-water!!!! No organization is or can be perfect but our responsibility is to be able to guide and help mold and shape our union to meet the ever changing challenges not start all over with at the best a unknown and non proven organization that appears to be a company sponsored group! :thumbup1: BC

Cole

I guess if you folks had to care for an ageing parent or a disabled spouse y'all would want to abandon their needs to that of a total stranger.

No we just want to beable to retire before we are too old and need the care ourselves. Are you in CS?

Maybe some of us have had enough of the corruption.

mittam

Its you and others scabs and withdrawing upsers that are the weak links. You have no businees commenting on the teamsters because your a company sellout!!!!!!!

what a load of crap a company sellout you are out of your mind, the union sold us out but your are either too brainwashed or just plain too stupid to see it. WAKE UP, the union sold out our pensions not the company how can you even be serious about those of us brave enough to stand up and call us sell outs, had the company taken our benefits and pension this same way the union would have called a strike over it. your comments are so far out they don't even make sense

mittam

:confused:1 So Mittam are you the number 1 cheerleader for this union-busting pro-company anti-worker group of disgruntled (sic) Teamster brothers and sisters? Not trying to put you down but if we all drink the Kool-Aid will that make all things perfect?:confused:1 I guess if you folks had to care for an ageing parent or a disabled spouse y'all would want to abandon their needs to that of a total stranger.....Point is you guys wanna throw the baby out with the bath-water!!!! No organization is or can be perfect but our responsibility is to be able to guide and help mold and shape our union to meet the ever changing challenges not start all over with at the best a unknown and non proven organization that appears to be a company sponsored group! :thumbup1: BC

Perfection and stealing are 2 different things the teamsters have stolen our futures from us and there are so many people sitting around defending them for it. It's time someone stood up to this to put an end to the corruption that is going on. Ask Hoffa to give up some of his pay or pensions he will laugh at you, but it is ok for him to take ours, are you people that blind to what is going on? Pro company hell no but I'm not going to sit back and let the teamsters tell me I have to work till social security kicks in because they stole my pension.

705red

Browncafe Steward
what a load of crap a company sellout you are out of your mind, the union sold us out but your are either too brainwashed or just plain too stupid to see it. WAKE UP, the union sold out our pensions not the company how can you even be serious about those of us brave enough to stand up and call us sell outs, had the company taken our benefits and pension this same way the union would have called a strike over it. your comments are so far out they don't even make sense
You probably wont admit it, but several of your co cheerleaders didnt stand up in 97 and crossed my picket line, and withdrew from the teamsters. They didnt have a set back then, why am i to beleive they grew a set since then. If it was up to me if you cross a picket line or withdrwa you shouldnt be entitled to anything that has been bargained for by the union! Now their pissed off and mad at the union the same union they turned their back on. Not real interested in hearing their positions on whats best for us, the ones who stood tall in 97!!!!

satellitedriver

You probably wont admit it, but several of your co cheerleaders didnt stand up in 97 and crossed my picket line, and withdrew from the teamsters. They didnt have a set back then, why am i to beleive they grew a set since then. If it was up to me if you cross a picket line or withdrwa you shouldnt be entitled to anything that has been bargained for by the union! Now their pissed off and mad at the union the same union they turned their back on. Not real interested in hearing their positions on whats best for us, the ones who stood tall in 97!!!!
I stood up and crossed your picket line.
UPS pays me not the teamsters. I am entitled to nothing. I earn my keep,daily.
Your childish reference to manhood is laughable.
You are not interested in hearing positions that are not best for us. Who do you consider as us?
Us should be spelled, UPS.

satellitedriver

You oughta make one heck-of-a APWA member then. Lets hope they don't call a strike:lol: There won't be anyone to man the line.
If APWA voted a strike, it would be for a rational legitimate reason and I would proudly refuse to go to work.
Sadly, that was not the case in 97'.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I stood up and crossed your picket line.

Like a Bit.h

UPS pays me not the teamsters. I am entitled to nothing. I earn my keep,daily.

Your right your entitled to nothing, just hope 1 day the company doesnt forget what you did for them, dont come running to the union!

Your childish reference to manhood is laughable.
You are not interested in hearing positions that are not best for us. Who do you consider as us?

Not you, i dont associate with scabs, or cowards!!

Us should be spelled, UPS.

I thought the company was changing the name from ups to the great almight apwa.