APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

nospinzone

yeah - about those gun-toating guards - I still don't get why they are essential to a meeting about job representation.
These gun-toting guards, also known as police officers, are not essential to meetings about job representation. The necessity of these police officers are not essential to the message that the APWA is spreading to the UPS and UPS Freight employees at these meetings. The need for police officers arises from the presence and disruptive behavior of non-UPS Teamsters.....such as this man in Kansas City who assaulted Danny...or Zuckerman in Louisville....or Doug Norris in Atlanta, Louisville, Memphis....or in Nashville where his group of Teamster Carhaulers were obnoxious enough to disrupt a wedding party being held adjacent to the APWA meeting. When people like these are absent from APWA meetings, the meetings are very peaceful and informative. At the few meetings I've attended, the officer almost fell asleep.

Hope that clarifies the necessity of police officers.

The only union at ups freight will be the teamsters! That apwa crap is an out an out lie! Any jerk can write a lie on a blog, but it doesn't make it true. My terminal is all set to join the teamsters once the indy master contract is written. This deal was done long ago. UPS doesn't spend 1.25 billion with out getting an agreement with the teamsters first. Think about it!?!
Its people like this we will not miss when we keep the teamsters out, 90% of Texas Drivers have said, (as a right to work state we won't vote for Teamsters), Never needed them before don't need them now.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Its people like this we will not miss when we keep the teamsters out, 90% of Texas Drivers have said, (as a right to work state we won't vote for Teamsters), Never needed them before don't need them now.
The teamsters are very concerned and that is why they have to go to great extremes to try to protect their dynasty ! They just don`t figure out what great advirtising it is when they go out and act foolish ! Just imagine the teamsters putting as much effort to fixing the big mess with pensions and benifits as they were in trying to muscle the working stiffs who pay their wages into intimidation ? I have seen it first hand when i attended a TDU meeeting about 7 or 8 years ago where the thugs came to the meeting and were beating on the walls and trying to disturb the meeting by yelling and screaming ! Showing their true colors ! Cops came and helped a little but then left again only for the goon squad to continue ! They were invited to come in and speak their mind but refused to ! Because they don`t know how to do that from the BA to Hoffa !

Last edited:

Buckethead

Whoever "we" are that your referring to can keep getting the shaft from Overnite Management. Keep badmouthing the Teamsters and keep wishing for apwa representation. I'd rather take my chances with the Teamsters, at least I can get feedback from it's members (who are actually represented and have no ties to the organization other than being a employee of the company it represents.)

"Its people like this we will not miss when we keep the teamsters out,"

Who are we? Speak for yourself, are you hoping these "people" you speak of loose your jobs? I will not miss people like you, you would not be getting paid what your getting paid if it wasn't for the teamsters. Thier good enough to pressure your employer to give you good benefits and pay but aren't good enough to take your money for representation.

Keep cashing that check, just remember who helped your company make it's decision to give you better pay.

mittam

A lot of good posts here about the thug union the teamsters are,really people you may not be for or agree with the APWA but do you really want a union like this that the teamsters are? Do you want intimidation like this? Do you want a fist or even fire fight as the teamsters are trying to do here? how insane!!!!!!! It is time for UPS workers to unite and get rid of the teamsters and form our own union in the APWA!!!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Whoever "we" are that your referring to can keep getting the shaft from Overnite Management. Keep badmouthing the Teamsters and keep wishing for apwa representation. I'd rather take my chances with the Teamsters, at least I can get feedback from it's members (who are actually represented and have no ties to the organization other than being a employee of the company it represents.)

Who are we? Speak for yourself, are you hoping these "people" you speak of loose your jobs? I will not miss people like you, you would not be getting paid what your getting paid if it wasn't for the teamsters. Thier good enough to pressure your employer to give you good benefits and pay but aren't good enough to take your money for representation.

Keep cashing that check, just remember who helped your company make it's decision to give you better pay.
Western conference is in good shape and its easy for you to say because its all you see ! The pay is all we can count on for now and the partimers are getting paid $8 to $8.50 an hour so i see you went to bat for them ? Wait till the insurance gets cut and see what your demeanor is then Buckethead. Your pension is good for now too ! Ibt does not want your input believe. Why do you think you have no cola on your pension - insurance when you retire could be as high as 1/3 of your pension ?
Why would the apwa be prevelent if things were so straight forward - Look at the IAM union pension - why should they get almost $10,000 a month for 30 years at any age ? Sounds like they are not under Hoffa !

" we " refers to all us, that while working to make a Paycheck, to support our familys, During the Strike against Overnite,We were Shot at,By Teamsters, Threaten by Teamsters, Teamsters telling our cust. not to use OVNT, Teamsters throwing bricks thru our Trks windows, and the list goes on. Buckethead , you were not on our side seeing and feeling what we have Experienced, Pull your head out of your( Bucket )Teamsters have not helped anyone at OVNT and never will there just another form of Terrorist in sheepskin.:cool:

Western conference is in good shape and its easy for you to say because its all you see ! The pay is all we can count on for now and the partimers are getting paid $8 to $8.50 an hour so i see you went to bat for them ? Wait till the insurance gets cut and see what your demeanor is then Buckethead. Your pension is good for now too ! Ibt does not want your input believe. Why do you think you have no cola on your pension - insurance when you retire could be as high as 1/3 of your pension ?
Why would the apwa be prevelent if things were so straight forward - Look at the IAM union pension - why should they get almost $10,000 a month for 30 years at any age ? Sounds like they are not under Hoffa !
You tell it like it is Wildgoose, but you may have to draw pictures for BucketHead to understand, his head is to far up his Bucket to see the day light.:thumbup1:

Buckethead

Wait till your insurance gets cut??? It and pay and just about everything else has been cut already since they let this sorry overnite take over our company. You mean to tell me it will get even worse. Boy, this UPS thing really was a bad idea as far as I'm concerned.

As far as a pension I'm not counting on anything other than what I have saved, and what I have in a 401k. Its not guaranteed but it's what I've got now. I wouldn't count on a pension if I were you, take your future into your own hands.

Do you work for UPS? If you do would you be making the same money or have the same benefits as you do with the Parcel agreement with the Teamsters? Do you think your company would be paying you the money your making? That is if you do work for Parcel.

So tell me what other choice do I have? Keep getting cut by this low rate Overnite, or go with the Teamsters, or vote for an organization that represents who? Or be a quitter and leave.

mittam

Yes wait till the insurances get cut? Yes that is right especially in parts of the country that part-timers have already been cut. The teamsters feel that they do not deserve the insurance UPS pays for because it is better than other teamster full-time people. So they have cut it, what would happen if UPS decided to cut it? You got it the teamsters would call for a strike for benifits being cut !!!!! BUt they can do it and there is nothing wrong??? Wake up America get rid of this criminal activity called teamsters and vote APWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckethead

You tell it like it is Wildgoose, but you may have to draw pictures for BucketHead to understand, his head is to far up his Bucket to see the day light.:thumbup1:

You can go ahead with your childish insults and hoping that employees that don't agree with your opinion loose thier job, one thing is for sure your ignorance is showing.

This question is for you and you only.

Have you talked to anyone who is currently represented and can tell you what kind of contract they have with apwa?

Buckethead

" we " refers to all us, that while working to make a Paycheck, to support our familys, During the Strike against Overnite,We were Shot at,By Teamsters, Threaten by Teamsters, Teamsters telling our cust. not to use OVNT, Teamsters throwing bricks thru our Trks windows, and the list goes on. Buckethead , you were not on our side seeing and feeling what we have Experienced, Pull your head out of your( Bucket )Teamsters have not helped anyone at OVNT and never will there just another form of Terrorist in sheepskin.:cool:

I don't know what happened with you guys during this time, I've got different views on it most that I've talked to said they did not see anything like this. I do understand this did happen and it was more in some areas and less in others. Don't insult or dismiss the rest just because the "we" your speaking of have a different view/opinion than the "people you won't miss" do. There is no place for this employee against employee crap, this is exactly how management wants it.

Buckethead

Yes wait till the insurances get cut? Yes that is right especially in parts of the country that part-timers have already been cut. The teamsters feel that they do not deserve the insurance UPS pays for because it is better than other teamster full-time people. So they have cut it, what would happen if UPS decided to cut it? You got it the teamsters would call for a strike for benifits being cut !!!!! BUt they can do it and there is nothing wrong??? Wake up America get rid of this criminal activity called teamsters and vote APWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With us they gave Dockworkers (P/T) better benefits, this is not Teamsters of corse. Not Us! If it is such a great organization why aren't the Parcel workers represented by the apwa instead of the teamsters? If the Teamsters were so bad, than why haven't you guy's decertified? Are you guy's suffering that much? Even if they cut your med benefits (and I hope they don't) you guy's would still be better off than the rest of us.

NYteam06

Quit the Teamsters? You mean quit my union which has supported me for YEARS? Without the IBT/Teamsters my co-workers and I wouldn't have good insurance or good pay or good anything.

As for the "thug union" crap - good grief. How many Hollywood flicks have you been watchin? This isn't Hollywood - its real life and my B.A. and principal officers have been strong, law-abiding people for years.

Equalizer

NYTeam06 said
Without the IBT/Teamsters my co-workers and I wouldn't have good insurance or good pay or good anything.

I will agree with you on that statement. The Teamster have done a lot of godd for the working man. The problem with the IBT is that they no longer work for you. The organization has forgotten what their purpose is.

NYTeam06 said
As for the "thug union" crap - good grief. How many Hollywood flicks have you been watchin?

I don't need to watch movies to get the FACTS. The newspapers and actually seeing it with my own eyes convinced me of who they are. Now I'm not saying that all Teamsters are bad, but when you shoot somebody who is driving down the road, doing his job, it looks bad for the whole organization.

When the Teamsters called the strike against OVERNITE many people here at the K.C. facility honered it. What those people didn't expect to hear from their union friends,who didn't work for Overnite, was their plans of what they were gonna do to their friends that they had been working with for years. Most who honored the strike crossed within days because of what they were asked to do to their co-workers who chose to work instead of going on strike.

Equalizer

mittam

I will agree with you on that statement. The Teamster have done a lot of godd for the working man. The problem with the IBT is that they no longer work for you. The organization has forgotten what their purpose is.

I don't need to watch movies to get the FACTS. The newspapers and actually seeing it with my own eyes convinced me of who they are. Now I'm not saying that all Teamsters are bad, but when you shoot somebody who is driving down the road, doing his job, it looks bad for the whole organization.

When the Teamsters called the strike against OVERNITE many people here at the K.C. facility honered it. What those people didn't expect to hear from their union friends,who didn't work for Overnite, was their plans of what they were gonna do to their friends that they had been working with for years. Most who honored the strike crossed within days because of what they were asked to do to their co-workers who chose to work instead of going on strike.

Equalizer

Just like Hoffa reacting in Louisville today after being spit on and screaming that whoever did that will never work another union job again! Get over yourself hoffa you are just a man not a god!!

local776

The APWA is operated SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY for the benefit of UPS employees. This is the ONLY reason for its existence.....this would include our new fellow employees in Freight. So no, the APWA hasnt turned its back on the parcel division like the Teamsters have.
:cool:
SEEMS LIKE THE BROWN SIDE HAS A GOOD CONTRACT WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU WANT SOMEONE TO HOLD YOUR HAND:confused:1