APWA vs. IBT debate challenge in the state of Florida

Are you in favor or oppose a broadcasted debate between APWA and IBT?

• Yes

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

brett636

When I first saw this topic I was interested in seeing the outcome, but its obvious it wasn't meant to be. Its just the teamsters showing how little respect they have for the APWA. I wouldn't be surprised if that level of respect is reflected among the majority of UPSers as well.

local776

The reason for the no audience rule was most clearly explained by my good colleague Cole where he said in a earlier post that when a bunch of Teamsters get into a small room that "it could turn into a filibuster type atmosphere in a hurry if there is no control. Just take a look at the IBT conventions!" Since the digital video would be freely available online for anyone to view at anytime from their homes, the audience would be extended to everyone's home without the "filibuster atmosphere."

And are we speaking about the same James Hoffa? Cause the one you are describing should be able to walk on water, turn water to wine, and his :censored2: probably doesn't stink either. Were not talking bout the leader of the free world here. The arrogance you so proudly display will ultimately be the downfall in these next few months. That arrogance is what has prevented your entire organization from listening to your members' needs and complaints, and when honesty was needed only deception could be found. your arrogance has given your members at UPS the need for a new union. But keep maintaining the status quo.

Business as usual at the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
:cool:
B>S read prior post

705red

Browncafe Steward
"deserve the "respect" of a debate from hoffa?"
I can live with making a couple of spelling mistakes here and there, your the one that has to live with being a scab! For the future dont respond to any of my posts, im not interested in how you feel or any ideas that you have! You choose to gave up those rights! You cant have them back!

705red

Browncafe Steward
The reason for the no audience rule was most clearly explained by my good colleague Cole where he said in a earlier post that when a bunch of Teamsters get into a small room that "it could turn into a filibuster type atmosphere in a hurry if there is no control. Just take a look at the IBT conventions!" Since the digital video would be freely available online for anyone to view at anytime from their homes, the audience would be extended to everyone's home without the "filibuster atmosphere."

And are we speaking about the same James Hoffa? Cause the one you are describing should be able to walk on water, turn water to wine, and his :censored2: probably doesn't stink either. Were not talking bout the leader of the free world here. The arrogance you so proudly display will ultimately be the downfall in these next few months. That arrogance is what has prevented your entire organization from listening to your members' needs and complaints, and when honesty was needed only deception could be found. your arrogance has given your members at UPS the need for a new union. But keep maintaining the status quo.

Business as usual at the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
:cool:
All spin as you have seen im all for this debate that you spoke of. But you feel that hoffa should debate these two non-teamster upsers, who think they know whats good for all of the rest of their fellow DUES paying upsers. How many times do we tell you that you need to start small and work your way up. But no you want it all now and refuse to work to get it! Why are you attempting to do it the easy way? Try to go out and earn it!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
All spin as you have seen im all for this debate that you spoke of. But you feel that hoffa should debate these two non-teamster upsers, who think they know whats good for all of the rest of their fellow DUES paying upsers. How many times do we tell you that you need to start small and work your way up. But no you want it all now and refuse to work to get it! Why are you attempting to do it the easy way? Try to go out and earn it!
In two + years Danny and Vann have come along way and are listening to the workers of ups for some democracy instead of i`ll get back to ya later. If this pension doesn`t get straightened out somehow under Hoffa you are going to see many a disgruntled ups employee. I have a feeling that if the APWA wasn`t putting pressure on the teamsters/Central States do you think this buyout of Central States and other Multi - employer pension plans would be taking place ? I would venture to say no. Only my opionion but may be of many others too. I see that you would like us all to have a secured pension and insurance benifits and stay true to the teamsters. And that would be great if all were treated even close to equal i could live with that but as you and others have seen in here over the last year that is not the case. When the teamsters are not holding accountability the workers sooner or later will speak up and thats what is happening now !

705red

Browncafe Steward
In two + years Danny and Vann have come along way and are listening to the workers of ups for some democracy instead of i`ll get back to ya later. If this pension doesn`t get straightened out somehow under Hoffa you are going to see many a disgruntled ups employee. I have a feeling that if the APWA wasn`t putting pressure on the teamsters/Central States do you think this buyout of Central States and other Multi - employer pension plans would be taking place ? I would venture to say no. Only my opionion but may be of many others too. I see that you would like us all to have a secured pension and insurance benifits and stay true to the teamsters. And that would be great if all were treated even close to equal i could live with that but as you and others have seen in here over the last year that is not the case. When the teamsters are not holding accountability the workers sooner or later will speak up and thats what is happening now !
You speak as if van and danny could unite and build a stronger union of upsers. I disagree because alot of ftimers only care about themselves, and alot of ptimers either dont care about themselves or just dont care period. The problem isnt with the teamsters in the areas that you speak of, its with the upsers for the most part not giving a dam. Now im sure in some areas several upsers have stood up and got nowhere, but i promise you if the majority of upsers stood up our voice would be heard. If alot of upsers were fed up with hoffa how did he win with over 80% of the vote? The pension issue happened before the election and still the upsers did not come out and vote. How can you blame this on the leadership of the ibt, when upsers wont vote in the right people to represent us as you speak off. Van and danny couldnt even vote to help better the ibt, but they know what we need, right?

Bill

When I first saw this topic I was interested in seeing the outcome, but its obvious it wasn't meant to be. Its just the teamsters showing how little respect they have for the APWA. I wouldn't be surprised if that level of respect is reflected among the majority of UPSers as well.
For your information, it was the Teamsters local 769 that challenged the APWA to a debate, but never really intended to have one. They issued a challenge to the local leader of the APWA, in this case, Jimmy Lotts, but didn't expect to get a response. The Teamsters started passing out leaflets saying that the APWA did not bother to show up for a debate that the Teamsters set all the rules. What a surprise when Jimmy Lotts sent a response to the local as well as the IBT headquarters. He was willing to have a debate, but all of a sudden, the Teamsters of the local 769 appear to be backing down. Question for you and others of your kind: If the Teamsters do not take the APWA serious or respect them, then why did they even bother to challenge them to a debate?

705red

Browncafe Steward
For your information, it was the Teamsters local 769 that challenged the APWA to a debate, but never really intended to have one. They issued a challenge to the local leader of the APWA, in this case, Jimmy Lotts, but didn't expect to get a response. The Teamsters started passing out leaflets saying that the APWA did not bother to show up for a debate that the Teamsters set all the rules. What a surprise when Jimmy Lotts sent a response to the local as well as the IBT headquarters. He was willing to have a debate, but all of a sudden, the Teamsters of the local 769 appear to be backing down. Question for you and others of your kind: If the Teamsters do not take the APWA serious or respect them, then why did they even bother to challenge them to a debate?
The answer is obvious danny, look how much damage you do to the apwa every time you open your trap! It would only show upsers how bad of an idea it would be to vote for the apwa! Im all for it! If lotts didnt have anything to hide how come he didnt go to the debate that he was invited?

satellitedriver

I can live with making a couple of spelling mistakes here and there, your the one that has to live with being a scab! For the future dont respond to any of my posts, im not interested in how you feel or any ideas that you have! You choose to gave up those rights! You cant have them back!
Since you asked so kindly for me not to respond to your posts in the future. I will not. I will respond to them only in the present.
My response was only directed at the fact that you stated that hoffa deserves respect. I respect him the same way he respects UPSER's.
I never gave up the right for you to ignore me. I gave up the teamsters for ignoring the best needs of UPSER's.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
You speak as if van and danny could unite and build a stronger union of upsers. I disagree because alot of ftimers only care about themselves, and alot of ptimers either dont care about themselves or just dont care period. The problem isnt with the teamsters in the areas that you speak of, its with the upsers for the most part not giving a dam. Now im sure in some areas several upsers have stood up and got nowhere, but i promise you if the majority of upsers stood up our voice would be heard. If alot of upsers were fed up with hoffa how did he win with over 80% of the vote? The pension issue happened before the election and still the upsers did not come out and vote. How can you blame this on the leadership of the ibt, when upsers wont vote in the right people to represent us as you speak off. Van and danny couldnt even vote to help better the ibt, but they know what we need, right?
If Hoffa had a clue and wanted to show how strong the union is he would have taken the bull by the horns and solved the debacle with Central States. He is not pro-active. Fulltimers do really care but working 10 + hours aday in the hot sun with 11 + hour plans have little energy left by the end of the week to work on repositioning the ideology of the teamsters. We pay for a service and they run the way they want too until now ! Keep the pressure on right red it seems to get results as for partimers they are more than likely know they won`t be long term but we keep on trying to educate just incase they feel like their future is here. I bet doughnuts to dollars we won`t see Hoffa address the debate issue or any other issue ! Contract is almost done - right except for a few minor wording issues and the pension issues ?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
The answer is obvious danny, look how much damage you do to the apwa every time you open your trap! It would only show upsers how bad of an idea it would be to vote for the apwa! Im all for it! If lotts didnt have anything to hide how come he didnt go to the debate that he was invited?
He`s not Danny, i know ! Red the debate should be televised at a national level so everyone can see and not just a few. The debate down in Miami,Fl would have been a uncontrolled enviroment and nothing would have been accomplished other than alot of arrest for assault ! Josh brings his hoody accompliases just like when TDU came to town in Ft. Lauderdale,Fla.
They were kicking doors and threatening people until the cops came and told to leave or they would be helped out the door. They can`t control themselves.

18wheelbrownie

If alot of upsers were fed up with hoffa how did he win with over 80% of the vote? 705 red

because he didn't debate leedham, he sented his treasury or secretary!
only 18% of the members voted out of 1.4 million! around 290,000 ballots were return. this is not a very good turnout on the memberships part ! this means they don't believe anything will ever change no matter who won the ibt vote.:mad:

Bill

First of all, I am not Danny. Where did you get that notion anyway? Mr Lotts did respond, but as I have stated if you had bothered to read my previous post, the Teamsters decided to make all the rules to create an impartial debate. Mr Lotts was willing to debate on neutral terms. The Teamsters had no intention of ever holding a debate, but rather waited for an opportunity to say that Mr Lotts didn't even bother to show. I would like to see an impartial debate, but it this were to occur, the Teamsters would be at a loss, as they have no answers to the problems that they created.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If alot of upsers were fed up with hoffa how did he win with over 80% of the vote? 705 red

because he didn't debate leedham, he sented his treasury or secretary!
only 18% of the members voted out of 1.4 million! around 290,000 ballots were return. this is not a very good turnout on the memberships part ! this means they don't believe anything will ever change no matter who won the ibt vote.:mad:
My point exavtly! We have over 200,000 votes as upsers and could have changed the outcome, but it shows that we dont care.

trickpony1

Maybe it's just me but.......how do I answer this question with a "yes" or a "no"?

Maybe the question should be "Are you in favor of..............?"

tieguy

Banned

lol, someone getting edgy. Problem is red you're not at the union hall you're at the brown cafe. He has full rights here.

tieguy

Banned
You should also invite TDU to the debate. It would be fun watching what used to be the upstart rebel union now kissing Hoffas but.

satellitedriver

lol, someone getting edgy. Problem is red you're not at the union hall you're at the brown cafe. He has full rights here.
I wouldn't say edgy, just touchy. It comes from being thick headed and thin skinned. I recall a past post that spoke to the subject of free speech and the rights given in the constitution to freely express ones beliefs in the Brown Cafe. For some strange reason(and I could be wrong) I can only remember that the posters avatar was something like Mr.Ed. You remember, the talking horse.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I wouldn't say edgy, just touchy. It comes from being thick headed and thin skinned. I recall a past post that spoke to the subject of free speech and the rights given in the constitution to freely express ones beliefs in the Brown Cafe. For some strange reason(and I could be wrong) I can only remember that the posters avatar was something like Mr.Ed. You remember, the talking horse.

Isnt this nice the manager and the scab holding hands, sticking up for each other. Who would have guessed that this was a match made in 97, probably the only 2 people here that worked during the strike. Yet they both have benefited from our loses, while neither of them had the hardships that most of us shared during that time. I hope you both are very happy together, and wish you both well in all of your future number changings, and picket line croosing.