APWA vs. IBT debate challenge in the state of Florida

Are you in favor or oppose a broadcasted debate between APWA and IBT?

• Yes

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

satellitedriver

Isnt this nice the manager and the scab holding hands, sticking up for each other. Who would have guessed that this was a match made in 97, probably the only 2 people here that worked during the strike. Yet they both have benefited from our loses, while neither of them had the hardships that most of us shared during that time. I hope you both are very happy together, and wish you both well in all of your future number changings, and picket line croosing.
Boy o' boy, someone missed the point and at the same time proved it.

tieguy

Banned
Isnt this nice the manager and the scab holding hands, sticking up for each other. Who would have guessed that this was a match made in 97, probably the only 2 people here that worked during the strike. Yet they both have benefited from our loses, while neither of them had the hardships that most of us shared during that time. I hope you both are very happy together, and wish you both well in all of your future number changings, and picket line croosing.

and I also wish you well and hope the guy in front of you never leads you into a gas chamber or off a cliff because you will clearly follow him wherever he goes.
can you say "baaaaaa pass the purple kool-aid, Baaaaaa"

705red

Browncafe Steward
and I also wish you well and hope the guy in front of you never leads you into a gas chamber or off a cliff because you will clearly follow him wherever he goes.
can you say "baaaaaa pass the purple kool-aid, Baaaaaa"
Tie put down the brown kool aid. Its ok for you to live and preach the brown way, but when someone has similiar beliefs not pertaining to ups but to the teamsters, we must be idiots in your eyes. You enjoy spreading hatred and seem to come to labor issues that you being a manager have no business commenting on. The apwa issue is for us union hourlies to debate, argue, fight over not managements, but of course you have the need to put your nose where it doesnt belong! Goit it tie.

Bill

Tie put down the brown kool aid. Its ok for you to live and preach the brown way, but when someone has similiar beliefs not pertaining to ups but to the teamsters, we must be idiots in your eyes. You enjoy spreading hatred and seem to come to labor issues that you being a manager have no business commenting on. The apwa issue is for us union hourlies to debate, argue, fight over not managements, but of course you have the need to put your nose where it doesnt belong! Goit it tie.
I am not defending Tieguy here, but it appears that you are most likely a BA or union representative of the Teamsters. I checked the last 3 months on this forum, and it appear that you write everyday of the week, in the morning, afternoon and nights. If you truly did work for UPS in any capacity for, you would not be able to write at certain times, but we know that is not the case. Your writing indicates a strong Teamster idiology, thus attempting to keep support amongst the flock that still support the Teamsters unconditionally. I understand that you are desparately trying to keep the huge salary and pension that the Teamsters provide for you. I would too if I was in your position.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am not defending Tieguy here, but it appears that you are most likely a BA or union representative of the Teamsters. I checked the last 3 months on this forum, and it appear that you write everyday of the week, in the morning, afternoon and nights. If you truly did work for UPS in any capacity for, you would not be able to write at certain times, but we know that is not the case. Your writing indicates a strong Teamster idiology, thus attempting to keep support amongst the flock that still support the Teamsters unconditionally. I understand that you are desparately trying to keep the huge salary and pension that the Teamsters provide for you. I would too if I was in your position.
E79 i started parttime 5 years, 9 years of package and several weeks in feeder now, i dont work for the teamsters (outside of being a union steward). I have been through several labor law courses, attend every monthly meeting, assist in organizing campaigns and volunteer my time in other ways to help make this union the best it can be, while still balancing 3 kids and a wife. I take pride in being a ups teamster, and remember when the freight guys looked down on us and helped to fight to put ups teamsters on the top were we belong. What have you done now besides preach teamster hatred and having a huge hand in the potential decertifiaction of us from the teamsters? Let me guess you probably bowl 1x a week and play softball, baggo, bingo all the important things in life, except for getting involved in helping your union become stronger!

Once again you show that you have no idea what your talking about and should be ignored by all until you can prove that you have something worth while to read!

satellitedriver

The apwa issue is for us union hourlies to debate, argue, fight over not managements, but of course you have the need to put your nose where it doesnt belong! Goit it tie.

Only the "union" hourlies get to debate the APWA issue?

So,
by your use/misuse of logic, only union hourly employees can debate the subject?
For the record, it is UPS hourly paid workers, not union hourlies,that are considering the change.
Debate is good.
Arguing and fighting is more the style of reamsters.
Your devotion to the reamsters and hatred of the company that pays you astounds me.

Bill

E79 i started parttime 5 years, 9 years of package and several weeks in feeder now, i dont work for the teamsters (outside of being a union steward). I have been through several labor law courses, attend every monthly meeting, assist in organizing campaigns and volunteer my time in other ways to help make this union the best it can be, while still balancing 3 kids and a wife. I take pride in being a ups teamster, and remember when the freight guys looked down on us and helped to fight to put ups teamsters on the top were we belong. What have you done now besides preach teamster hatred and having a huge hand in the potential decertifiaction of us from the teamsters? Let me guess you probably bowl 1x a week and play softball, baggo, bingo all the important things in life, except for getting involved in helping your union become stronger!

Once again you show that you have no idea what your talking about and should be ignored by all until you can prove that you have something worth while to read!
If you are a feeder driver, as you allegedly claim, then when do you sleep? You have been writing on the brown cafe in the morning, afternoon, and night, 7 days a week. I, unlike you, have a life, and that is why I usually only write once, maybe twice a week. You are not in CS, and possibly your Teamster union is much stronger than the Teamsters who "represent" us in CS. Where I come from, we rarely see the BA's. They only show up once in a blue moon to shake some hands, and then leave shortly afterwards. Is this the type of union you want representing you? Also, if we do the same job, then why is your pension much better, and why should I have to work more years to receive less pension money? Another thing, what is baggo?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Only the "union" hourlies get to debate the APWA issue?

So,
by your use/misuse of logic, only union hourly employees can debate the subject?
For the record, it is UPS hourly paid workers, not union hourlies,that are considering the change.

So the apwa is only after the non-union hourlies at ups? I thought the apwa were after the union members, because we do have employees that are hourly and non-management and non-union.
Debate is good.

Tell that to engineer! Tell him to debate instead of spew lies all over the place!
Arguing and fighting is more the style of reamsters.
Your devotion to the reamsters and hatred of the company that pays you astounds me.

As a steward i see the insides of the company and see how little they care for us the employee, so yes at times i can say i hate working for ups.

The teamsters are not perfect as a whole, but we owe everything we have today to the teamsters for bargaining it for us through all the sacrifices that were made by people who were not just looking out for themselves, but for the greater good of all of us to come. But what do you know about sacrafices satellite you have yet to make any, and yet you claim to be worried about all of us (upsers). If you were so worried about us why did you cross?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If you are a feeder driver, as you allegedly claim, then when do you sleep? You have been writing on the brown cafe in the morning, afternoon, and night, 7 days a week. I, unlike you, have a life, and that is why I usually only write once, maybe twice a week. You are not in CS, and possibly your Teamster union is much stronger than the Teamsters who "represent" us in CS. Where I come from, we rarely see the BA's. They only show up once in a blue moon to shake some hands, and then leave shortly afterwards. Is this the type of union you want representing you? Also, if we do the same job, then why is your pension much better, and why should I have to work more years to receive less pension money? Another thing, what is baggo?
I am guilty of coming on here almost everyday of the week that you are right on about, but everyday at different times your wrong on. If you like i could have my pitts copied and show you when i have had off, and when my kids are taking a nap i do come on here. But i dont only come on the labor forum because unlike you i do like to see and hear from other upsers whats concerning them and whats happening in the otner parts of the country, and my only goal here isnt the apwa and teamster debate, i visit all the forums here. Does that mean you only care about the apwa and not other ups related discussions?

Baggo, The bean bag yard game.

Cole

The truth is there is alot of poor representation, no doubt about it, but we the members have a large share in it, because we allow it to go on, and just verbally complain a little, and I know we feel we pay dues and work our :censored2: off, and the union should do what we pay for, but alot of times they don't, and it doesn't matter who your union is if we don't get dog nasty about poor representation, it will go as long as we allow it.

People get lazy and complacent, and if allowed they get cushy especially if they know little will be done by the members etc...

As far as continuoulsy bringing up 705's local, it should be noted if they have better language/pensions etc...it sure wasn't because they sat/sit back and say/said aw shucks they screwed us again, it's because they mobilized their members and said enough is enough!

When we learn how to do that then we will get better representation, but it wont happen by just making verbal complaints, and that's true be it Teamsters or APWA.

I'll even throw in some lawn mower blades and a kaiser blade(some call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade);) just bring some potted meats, and french fried taters ummm hmmm!

Fullhouse

Well, I'm glad some barns get visited by their BA's and even get some hand shaking going on. Down here at Myrtle Beach they have panel hearings and the BAs don't bother to come and say Hi! Truth is they hate that 2 1/2 hour drive to our barn, and they certainly don't like the tough questions we ask!

satellitedriver

As a steward i see the insides of the company and see how little they care for us the employee, so yes at times i can say i hate working for ups.

The teamsters are not perfect as a whole, but we owe everything we have today to the teamsters for bargaining it for us through all the sacrifices that were made by people who were not just looking out for themselves, but for the greater good of all of us to come. But what do you know about sacrafices satellite you have yet to make any, and yet you claim to be worried about all of us (upsers). If you were so worried about us why did you cross?

I have posted , ad nauseam, why I crossed. It was the fact that the teamsters were looking out for the greater good of non-UPS teamsters instead of UPS teamsters.
My sacrifice has been to show up to work everyday rain/ snow or feeling bad for the last 20+ years. How about you?
I owe nothing to the teamsters, they have taken far more than they have given.
When you use the work "us", you convey the meaning of all the teamsters to come, not UPSER's

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have posted , ad nauseam, why I crossed. It was the fact that the teamsters were looking out for the greater good of non-UPS teamsters instead of UPS teamsters.
My sacrifice has been to show up to work everyday rain/ snow or feeling bad for the last 20+ years. How about you?

My sacrifices, i have walked picket lines against ups on 3 different occasions for roughly 20 days of lost wages, i spend a minimum of 10 hours a week of my time addressing concerns of not only all the drivers in my building but all the p-timers too, i spend ever other weekend out organizing ups freight for the last 6 months, i have walked other union company picket lines in support of them, i have attended week long labor classes on my dime to benefit my fellow upsers, oh yeah and i show up to work everyday, i do get some time off when were up drivers but thats because i try and spend time with my family, because they suffer the most, but my familty also understands that im good at what i do and my wife really appreciates the gratitude she receives from my fellow upsers when they meet her for allowing me to be me and do what i do.

I owe nothing to the teamsters, they have taken far more than they have given.
Really, so in 3 weeks when your at $27.20 an hour the teamsters didnt assist you in that? I guess they didnt get you those great benefits you receive either! How about seniority that you wouldnt be entitled to with a non-union company,etc.

When you use the work "us", you convey the meaning of all the teamsters to come, not UPSER's

Upsers come first in my book, but i am a fellow teamster brother to all the other trades that the teamsters represent and im proud to be a teamster!