APWA

30andout

Scratch king....The Fund is not responsible for your WIFES cut of your pension. What some of the guys are doing is getting a term life insurance policy that is a lot cheaper than the "Spousal Survival" cut and still protects momma if you go first.

The other thing is if you are going to keep working you are earning more for your pension today than you were before the Changes on Jan 04. As each year the contribution level goes up, so does your pension. The contribution levels have surpassed any effect the short years of 6% off under 62 would effect. I have indeed heard that some IAM get in the 4K range but I find it hard to believe they are in the 9K range because the Pension cannot exceed your earnings because of Erisa restrictions. I am aware of guys that worked at a rate less than UPS but at the same pension levels as UPS and were not able to take all of it.

What I am tired of is that we have people on this board that the Teamsters have helped in hundreds of ways in the time you have been at ups>> They want too blame Hoffa, Central States, and others when the blame belongs in Washington DC on Capitol Hill. We better wake up or we will be legislated out of business while we fight amongst ourselves and we will all be trying to go to work for WalMart cause it is easier work than UPS and will pay the same if BIG BUSINESS has its way. We take our wages now. Compare them to anyone doing blue collar work. Do what we do in our center, start your own 401 K if you think investing is easy. We make the money, but if we allow these MOONSHINE SELLERS to intervene and weaken us, we will not make the money.

Look back at how things when you started with UPS and how much better everything is. Is it yet perfect? Will it ever be? NO but I cannot imagine working for any but a couple of managers I have had in 30 years, without the Teamsters. This no power money scheme that these two 391 Hucksters cooked up will erase all the gains we made in two months if we were stupid enough to allow them to negotiate for us.

They say no one has to belong to the UNION. No Strike fund is needed. They have a NO CONFLICT agreement with UPS because they are using a UPS attorney.... They Lie every single issue of their newsletter and their own NC area fellow workers call them liars and theives.
Do you have any proof of what your writing or am I to just believe YOUR oponion?

local776

they have no money to back them ,they were incorporation 12/09/2004 in the state of delaware and is listed as a non profit. so who is going to get rich?

Cole

Going to union meetings doesn't change the leadership at Central States. In fact we can't change them, if I am not mistaken they are appointed for life, like Supreme Court Justices.

sawdusttv

Interesting, Scratch king. You have worked for 30 years, have to work for 14 more. If retiring at 65 minus 14 years you would be 51. If you wanted to retire at 55 you would be 41 today.

If you are 41 and you have already worked in the plan for 30 years, you must have started when you were 11. If you are 51, you started when you were 21.

If you have 30 years (all monies prior to Jan 1, '04 were protected and your earnings since will zero each other out, so you would get close to the 3K you planned on) and are 62., there has been about $135,000 paid in on your behalf. If you retire and draw 44 months worth of pension that is all paid back. Now if you are truly 51 and would go now, you would receive an estimated roughly 250 monts or 6 times your money back, plus health and welfare payments for that time. Not a bad investment for 135K..Do the math.

I too know guys that want to retire early but they want to keep on working. The plan was never designed for a full retirement bonus plan. It was designed as supplemental. We have just tried to modify it to suit our own lives.

I for one would rather the plan make changes as a result of the Economic Disaster of the early 2000, 01 and 02..years that not make changes and see it all go in the tank.

If you have 14 more years to go, planning is an impossibility as you know. All you have to do is read the papers where the Congress passed legislation that we fought against, and Bush is unhappy that it did not go far enough in his book.

We are fighting the enemy and the enemy is us. We need to get involved the Politics before they legislate us out of business.

You said it Shaky,
All monies prior to 04 'WERE' protected, but in light of new laws they are no longer protected, nor is the retirement funds of members already retired. So, that shoots your theories all to hell.

Oh, by the way, here is another analogy for you.
I am 44 and have 25 years in. With a retirement age of 62, that leaves me with 18 more years or 43 years of service with a pension check in the 2800.00 dollar range.
$1040 for insurance for me and my wife per month.
$400.00 a month survivor benfit
That brings it down to $1360.00 BEFORE TAXES, for 43 years of service.
But they will let me drive a school bus without stopping my pension check, as long as I don't work more than 80 hours a month.
MAN AM I OVER JOYED THAT THE TEAMSTERS ARE THERE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
It all doesnt fall on the teamsters and you know it. Our republican ran nation has F34ked the working union man more over the last several years than at any time in history. Just hope we can get a democratic president in office and reverse some of these anti union decisions by the bush admin.

sawdusttv

It all doesnt fall on the teamsters and you know it. Our republican ran nation has F34ked the working union man more over the last several years than at any time in history. Just hope we can get a democratic president in office and reverse some of these anti union decisions by the bush admin.

There is some truth in what you say here, but the government only makes the laws. The Teamsters union is the one that decided to use them against us.

Cole

No one party has done, as they all have their hands out and pockets open.

Last edited:

Cole

We can't just blame the Republicans because NAFTA passed under Clinton.

I'll tell you a little story from years past and one of my first union meetings: The issue was the bill on permanently replacing striking workers, to the members the Union said they were dead set against it, but our local congressmen voted for it, and was at our union meeting aftrewards, and everyone gave him hell about voting for it, and he had enough and said, "you know why I voted for it? They told me to!" The "they" was our local union President at the time, and said they were told by several Teamster officials to vote for it.

We nearly had a riot in the union hall that day. So there's alot of doubling talk then and probably now.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your right clinton was huge for us in 97 supporting us while we shut down the nation. On his way out he stabbed us good with nafta, remember this when we vote next year against his wife. Now you throw in the nlrb, kafta, opening the borders to mexican trucks, soaring gas prices, rocketing mortgage rates, etc,,. This all came under the republican lead administration, so its been no walk in the park for the teamsters either.

3brownstars

Your right clinton was huge for us in 97 supporting us while we shut down the nation. On his way out he stabbed us good with nafta, remember this when we vote next year against his wife. Now you throw in the nlrb, kafta, opening the borders to mexican trucks, soaring gas prices, rocketing mortgage rates, etc,,. This all came under the republican lead administration, so its been no walk in the park for the teamsters either.

we didn't have high gas and intrest rates under Carter? A politician is a politician!

Cole

Yes to me the only good thing I liked that Clinton did was stay out our strike, but I think it was his campaign manager who referred to us UPSers as "trailor trash".

badpas

whats that got to do with the teamsters running our pensions into the ground. Nothing, Bush admin. or not the teamsters have had there way with all of us and they don't deserve our bus. anymore. We are better off running things ourselves the allowing the teamsters to continue taking our money. Their track record tells everything. From allowing the company to use ptimers at half or less the wage that ftimers get to getting us a 5$ an hour increase. All bennifit the teamsters in more ways than one. And now the want to change the way officials are elected by not allowing us to vote, please its time for a change. Do any research on the teamsters and within a very short time you will see their accomplishments have fallen drastically. And oh yea, lets not forget the supposed no transfer clause the teamsters may have implimented into our pension contract that jonfrum talks about stating even if we vote out the teamsters it almost makes it impossible to retain one of the very things WE EARNED, not the teamsters, and deserve 100%. Thats like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar. And believe me when I say it didn't take much to find this out either. Better yet don't believe me, get informed and I promise you you'll be much angrier with the teamsters.

705red

Browncafe Steward
whats that got to do with the teamsters running our pensions into the ground. Nothing, Bush admin. or not the teamsters have had there way with all of us and they don't deserve our bus. anymore. We are better off running things ourselves the allowing the teamsters to continue taking our money. Their track record tells everything. From allowing the company to use ptimers at half or less the wage that ftimers get to getting us a 5$ an hour increase. All bennifit the teamsters in more ways than one. And now the want to change the way officials are elected by not allowing us to vote, please its time for a change. Do any research on the teamsters and within a very short time you will see their accomplishments have fallen drastically. And oh yea, lets not forget the supposed no transfer clause the teamsters may have implimented into our pension contract that jonfrum talks about stating even if we vote out the teamsters it almost makes it impossible to retain one of the very things WE EARNED, not the teamsters, and deserve 100%. Thats like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar. And believe me when I say it didn't take much to find this out either. Better yet don't believe me, get informed and I promise you you'll be much angrier with the teamsters.
You stated that the teamsters ran our pension into the ground, if im correct its a multi emplyer fund for all the trades within the teamsters. If you were so informed you would know that already brother! Now $6 an hour didnt benefit us the upsers it benefited the teamsters officials? Have you failed a random drop lately? When was the last time you voiced your opinion at a meeting? You probably didnt even vote im the last election, And gow are we to believe the apwa is a better choice? They have no track record to show us, the teamsters might not be perfect today but who knows what the future holds down the road for them.

:cool:Listen as I have posted before the APWA is nothing but an attempt to start a COMPANY UNION. I can back this up with several facts. The APWA was started after UPS sent people up from Atlanta to meet with Skillman and others after a letter was sent to UPS corporate, they have no strike fund, no staff except for a UNION BUSTING LAW FIRM. I KNOW DANNY EASON PERSONALY AND HAVE WORKED WITH HIM FOR MANY YEARS IN RALEIGH. He never even tried to be a steward. also all you UPS freight workers remember when the APWA started out they stated that were only interested in UPS BROWN and no other companies, now they have shifted to UPS FREIGHT. Also DANNY TOLD ME THAT IF HE COULD NOT GET THE PENSION HE FELT HE WAS ENTITLED TO THAT HE DID NOT CARE IF ANY CURRENT OR RETIRED RECEIVED ANY PENSION. ONE LAST THING GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES OF THE UPS LOGO VEHICLES ON THEIR SITE. Now does anyone really think that UPS would let anyone use their trademark protected property without their approval????????? If you think they would just try and use pictures of their vehicles in your ads.

sawdusttv

:cool:Listen as I have posted before the APWA is nothing but an attempt to start a COMPANY UNION. I can back this up with several facts. The APWA was started after UPS sent people up from Atlanta to meet with Skillman and others after a letter was sent to UPS corporate, they have no strike fund, no staff except for a UNION BUSTING LAW FIRM. I KNOW DANNY EASON PERSONALY AND HAVE WORKED WITH HIM FOR MANY YEARS IN RALEIGH. He never even tried to be a steward. also all you UPS freight workers remember when the APWA started out they stated that were only interested in UPS BROWN and no other companies, now they have shifted to UPS FREIGHT. Also DANNY TOLD ME THAT IF HE COULD NOT GET THE PENSION HE FELT HE WAS ENTITLED TO THAT HE DID NOT CARE IF ANY CURRENT OR RETIRED RECEIVED ANY PENSION. ONE LAST THING GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES OF THE UPS LOGO VEHICLES ON THEIR SITE. Now does anyone really think that UPS would let anyone use their trademark protected property without their approval????????? If you think they would just try and use pictures of their vehicles in your ads.

Get a life son and quit babbling your nonsense~!:w00t: