Archives

A

anonymous

OPL has been hooked up with AIG which is one of the largest Insurance Companys out there. There were once rumors of 1 share of AIG for every share of OPL. They trade at over $100 a share so I highly doubt this will materialize.

O

oz

There is an air express company that may be an acquisition target that would compliment the Sonic Air subsidiary, increasing the profitability of the service.

There are Internet and Logistics companies on the horizon too.

A

anonymous

Also Feeder drivers posting during the day and twi and night hub employees.

W

walt

Why not have UPS takeover OPL? They own UPS facilities and it would be a great way to integrate greater financial diversity into UPS Capital.

R

roger

Logisitics...that's the new ball game. I'm researching small companies that may be takeover targets by UPS.

Any rumors out there?

S

steve

Anyone heard anything as to the possble dividend for OPL? I would think based on the financials it should be a good one, and the value of the stock should increase sustantialy.

U

ups21

I just wanted to say thanks to cheryl for her great work on this site.

E

emerson

Is Gates really in Atlanta?

If he is does anyone know who he's seeing?

A

anonymous

Did anybody ever think about the German Post , MSDW had to beg out of their IPO due to conflict of interest with UPS. They alreday have a 25 % interest w/ DHL and holdings in Danza a logistics company.

A

anonymous

watch for symbol ALRE, they are the insurance firm that is connected with OPL. They are currently trading at around $25 which might be what the OPL board deems as an equivalent price for OPL. We will see soon enough......

A

anonymous

The acquisitions of Tumbleweed and iShip are natural progressions. UPS already has substantial venture capital involved with both companies.

C

cheryl

TPG, which some industry pundits have linked to a possible takeover bid by UPS, saw its shares jump 7% to an intra-day high of e25.95 ($27.03) before falling slightly to e25.82, Reuters reports.

link to article

K

kirby

European Logistics, that's the direction. Kelly even said it straight out.

A

anonymous

OPL just filed their 3rd quarter results to the SEC and it looks like all is pretty good. I only hope this is reflected next week when the OPL board meets

W

wink

Any idea what will be the outcome of the OPL board of directors meeting next week?
What about potenital of Rollins stock since UPS purchases them?