Archives

M

morey

Look for acquisitions that will assist at the the new Logistics facility that is in the News today.

I heard a couple of names...

W

wink

Any idea what will take place next week during the OPL board meeting? will the price go up and if so how much?

A

anonymous

I heard today that UPS is planning to go into e-business fulfillment.

UPS will process the order side through an internet acquisition.

UPS will handle the financial transactions through Capital Corp.

Then handle order fulfilment and shipping.

And finally our core business, the delivery.

B

brown

Too bad UPS couldn't split the dividend between the Class A's and B's. $.30 may not be much to some schmoe on the street with some UPS in his pocket, but it means alot to the rest of us. Just wish the MC and the Board could have sweetened it just a bit more for the employee owners.

A

anonymous

wrong, i don't think we would ever be something like fingerhut. you know those <FONT COLOR="ff0000">••••</FONT> pkgs we always have to make 3 trys at to that lady on the 3rd floor. what kind of fool are you? a board member? god, i hope not.

A

anonymous

I delivered some dog food today from pets.com. The lady said she bought one and got two free. I'll be back there two more times. Things might be getting big. I'll wait for that dividend.

A

anonymous

I will take what ever they want to give and be happy about it

A

anonymous

<!-NOTE: Message edited by 'admin'-!>what the xxxx does that mean????

I was only telling you what I was told.

H

hubrat

New lawsuit because of OPL. What will this do to the stock and the company bottom line?

T

tiger

Since OPL and UPS are legally separate entities it shouldn't hurt OPL. The lawsuit is so ridiculous that it shouldn't hurt UPS either.

B

blt

Before the IPO I read quite a bit of press about the division of voting rights between A &amp; B shares. There's no advantage to creating a division between dividends paid too.

If I'm not mistaken th float is only 10% of the company...even if the B shares had gotten no dividend and the savings were divided between all A shares if it's only 10% that would only be a .03 increase. Not really enough money to make it worth it.

C

cisco

Does anyone know if OPL was names as a defendant in the lawsuit?

It seems like since they are suing AIG and all theose other insurance companies OPL must be in there too.

R

rod

Good point about the A shares dividend increase if the B shares had not been paid. I had wondered if the 2 classes of stock would receive the same dividend before the announcement.

It makes sense now.

V

val

How will the law suit effect any upcoming acquisitions?

Would plans to acquire companies be put on hold in case the cash is needed to fight the lawsuit?

A

anonymous

OPL was in capital letters in the news i
saw. You betcha she is in the loop.
That aside when will we hear the new
posted stock price for OPL ? Thought it
would be today, but being on Vac, not in l
the loop ?

R

rudy

The price will now be adjusted quarterly, not annually. Think of it this way, if there are equal price hikes each quarter for the next 4 quarters OPL will be in great shape.

GO OPL!

A

anonymous

Overnite, they'd be a bargain in the middle of this labor thing.