Archives

A

anonymous

What is the general thought about the offer for employees to be able to buy OPL shares?
And this new company (stock id RNR) that OPL has partnered with???

Any info is appreciated.

J

jerseykid

Rudy,

Are you sure that OPL will adjust their
price 4 times a year now ? I know they
send us a proxy of some sort asking if
they can adjust the price more than once
a year. But this does not mean they will
adjust their price more than once a year.
I sure hope you are right. 21.50 is a
disappointment.

A

anonymous

Where did the $21.50 come from? Does anyone on this site have any credibility?

P

pjbailey

What I find most troubling about the newest OPL news is the restriction on the sale of stock. I'm a retiree and thought I'd sell OPL before UPS to find some of the things one likes to do after working. Now I'd told I can only sell 10% between now and next November. I wonder if OPL declines to purchase shares offfered, if they can then be offered to a third party? Has anyone looked at the trust affreement lately? Does anyone see any compeling reasons to keep OPL at this time?

A

anonymous

i can see it now when opl hits it big someone is going to say why didn't ups tell us this stock was going to go public or something big. i would have bought some more if i had only known. well good ole ups offered employees the right to purchase stock long before it went public. take a hint. BUY BUY BUY

K

kw

I for one am buying the max OPL that I can get my hands on. Even though the stock has not appreciated much this time due to the loss of UPS reinsurance revenues OPL is considered one of the top reinsurance companies in Bermuda and will be a great investment in the future.

A

anonymous

I received a "forward" on my e-mail. It
was a much forwarded letter about OPL.
Here's an excerpt that really caught my
eye. "Accordingly, the Board has decided
to allow existing shareholders to purchase
up to 10,000 shares each between now and
Nov. 1 2000, subject to registration of
our shares for sale with the Securities
and Exchange Commission."
Does that sound to you as if OPL is
going public ???

B

boxer

I'm buying the limit betting that it does go public or perhaps be bought out by another company. It seems very likely to me.

G

glo

TPG is in the news again as a possible UPS acquisition target.

This one seems to be a sure thing if you believe the market's reaction...

A

anonymous

In answer to question about who can purchase OPL, it looks like any UPS A shareowner, whether active employee, or retired or other. Just states shareowners, nothing stated about active employee.

L

lucky2

I also read about TPG in a Reuters
article. Reuters is a very reliable news
source and I think it's a sure thing too.

F

feral

I tend to agree with most of you on the bullishness of OPL however, I am not comfortable with buying to many shares because I can only sell back 10% and this is negative from an investors point of view. Now you might say what about UPS you cannot sell any yet. Well can you really compare UPS to OPL? I do not think so.
Just my opinion!

M

mike

feral,
I agree with you about the restricted sales. I'd buy more if that restriction wasn't in place. It makes me wonder why they've put a limit on sales.

Mike

A

anonymous

I was at a major gateway last week and heard that the corporation was once again thinking of an early retirement. The rule would be a combination of years of service and age equal to 80 would qualify you for retirement. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

C

coyote

That rumor has been going around here for the last couple of months. The age/years of service combination is a new twist though.

Hope it's true!