Are people leaving?

jmeti000

I sometimes look through the FedEx postings online just to see whats out there and it seems lately there are alot of courier postings, many for full time that are open to the general public. I would have thought that people within the company would be snagging up these full time positions since they are supposedly hard to come by. Do you think the latest so called "new raise system" has people pissed enough they are finally leaving and looking elsewhere?

vantexan

I sometimes look through the FedEx postings online just to see whats out there and it seems lately there are alot of courier postings, many for full time that are open to the general public. I would have thought that people within the company would be snagging up these full time positions since they are supposedly hard to come by. Do you think the latest so called "new raise system" has people pissed enough they are finally leaving and looking elsewhere?

I've been following JCATS postings since '86. If anything there are more part-time openings than there used to be. People leave all the time for various reasons. In my current station we've had more FTers get fired than left for other jobs. Most who have left in the 3+ years I've been here were part-time. In my previous station it was the same. So many part-timers left there it seemed that mgrs were being extra nice to them while dumping on the FTers. That's the catch to a mostly part-time workforce. Adults are looking for something that'll pay the bills and provide a future. If they don't get enough work they'll leave. If they have to jump through constant hoops for a part-time job they'll leave. Might work for some, but I doubt most will stick around.

Nick9075

The unemployment rate in the USA has fallen significantly in the past few months so they likely found new employment opportunities.