Are retirees being recruited as ball busters?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BromwnnOmore, Sep 4, 2014.

1. BromwnnOmore

BromwnnOmore New Member

Anyone know any info on retirees being asked to come back to work to train seasonal drivers?
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Recently retired FT driver sups and managers are being contracted to come back for Peak Season to train and advise is the rumor I am hearing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

There are at least 2 of them in the Feeder department I just retired from. a former manager and a dispatcher.
  4. We have a couple that came back,to train new drivers.

Funny thing is,they were the first to run out the door. and now they are back!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. BromwnnOmore

BromwnnOmore New Member

I'm not talking about supervisors l am talking about retired drivers.One of my retired buddies was called about it today.
  6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Union sent me a letter saying they were waiving suspension of pension benefits from 8/1 until 1/31.

I laughed!
  7. retiredTxfeeder

I think the last thing the company would want is a bunch of us old time feeder drivers coming back. We would definitely be a bad influence on any new drivers. haha
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Apparently if you have been retired less than 5 years (package drivers) they want you back for peak.
  9. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

My last center manager told me that any driver over 20 years was a liability!
  10. retiredTxfeeder

I've definitely busted my last ball in a brown uniform.:whiteflag:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

HR has put signs all over our building begging Part timers to become vacation drivers for over $28 an hour. They are having a hard time recruiting drivers apparently.
  12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I feel the same about women. You don't have to spend much on a 20 year old to make her happy. ;) Wife turned 40 I told her I was trading her in for 2 twenty year olds. It wasn't well received.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's all hands on deck this year. It's almost like they are actually scared of what this peak could be like.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Maybe management needs to find that line they said will form for our jobs if we ever did strike, ORIAN replacing us my ass.
  15. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

a driver would have to be in a real bad spot to consider coming back here for peak.
    I'd rather just grab some popcorn and watch the burning ship sink.
  16. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

My old full time supervisor came back after being retired to train people. They are using her for other things as well. She does nothing at all and just stands around and chats it up. Which I'm fine with, what are they going to do, fire her?
  17. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Once I leave, they could not get me back even in handcuffs and leg irons.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

The biggest thing I am looking forward to when I retire is actually relaxing and enjoying the holidays. Why would I give that up?
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Future

Future Well-Known Member

I think the ship is going to sink this peak....faster than last year.
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have thought about coming back as a Peak helper after I retire but have no desire to come back as a driver.