Are retirees being recruited as ball busters?

Notretiredyet

Been getting calls in the last few days about this, most just laugh at the thought of coming back. After the way most have been treated by UPS in the last few years can't believe any would come back. Most are being told they can train or work the excess volume in an area they're familiar with. We all know how that will work out, at least you can walk if they don't keep their end of the deal.

oldupsman

Well, I guess I'm the exception here. Retired at 55 and I've been out 7 years but honestly I'm in better shape physically
now than when I retired. Run and lift regularly. No longer any pressure as far as needing the job. Actually, I think it
might be fun for 4 weeks. If I could be close to my old area, see some of my old customers, and get paid top rate.
I'm curious to see if ORION is as bad as all you folks say it is. Plus I had 30 years safe driving. I'd even consider
training people if they wanted me too. Heck, I was doing that when I was still working. Okay, let the mocking begin.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well, I guess I'm the exception here. Retired at 55 and I've been out 7 years but honestly I'm in better shape physically
now than when I retired. Run and lift regularly. No longer any pressure as far as needing the job. Actually, I think it
might be fun for 4 weeks. If I could be close to my old area, see some of my old customers, and get paid top rate.
I'm curious to see if ORION is as bad as all you folks say it is. Plus I had 30 years safe driving. I'd even consider
training people if they wanted me too. Heck, I was doing that when I was still working. Okay, let the mocking begin.

No mocking here. Heck-I would go back for two or three weeks but they would have to be satisfied with the new working speed I've developed since I retired.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No mocking here. Heck-I would go back for two or three weeks but they would have to be satisfied with the new working speed I've developed since I retired.

Really, like I said, if I could set my terms and conditions, I'd consider it.

You could always quit if you want!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Okay, let the mocking begin
I have a whole new attitude and outlook on life since I retired. I say knock yourself out. I'm with Rod. They would really be desperate to hire some of us fogeys back under our conditions. lol kudos to you for being in better shape in retirement as well.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

No mocking here. If you want to go back and help out during peak God love you. Myself, when I am finally hanging up the browns for good I am done. If they wanted me to help out when the weather is nice I might consider it but for peak, no way.

No mocking here. If you want to go back and help out during peak God love you. Myself, when I am finally hanging up the browns for good I am done. If they wanted me to help out when the weather is nice I might consider it but for peak, no way.
Oh yeah! you was a POS for 30+ years, we need your skill and knowledge for peak!

Wtf? really,

Bite me!

I have enjoyed reading this the past few days.As I said they asked I said no .End of conversation.I have to say I would love to see what they say when they tell me I was over alowed my miles were more than Orion planned and I tell them to pound sand.

10 point

You've gotta file at least two grievances tho. That's part of the deal.:)

10 point

It would be great to bring back the guys (that are still alive) that were ready to retire back in the mid-late 90's.

Those guys didn't take crap from any management.

It would be hilarious just to watch the preload supes run to find a place to hide if that ever took place.

Probably have to serve Geritol and prunes on wellness Wednesday. Lol

10 point

I have enjoyed reading this the past few days.As I said they asked I said no .End of conversation.I have to say I would love to see what they say when they tell me I was over alowed my miles were more than Orion planned and I tell them to pound sand.
You'll find out that it takes three or four swats at a dog with the new diad when the old ones got a dog's mind right with only one.

10 point

I'd rather not do any more peaks, will someone fill in for me this peak? I'll come back for the next one in January.
Sorry, peak is now officially extended thru half of January.

Better come after memorial day.

Oh, I forgot that it's just like peak then too because we're normally out of drivers then.

O

OLDMAN3

077edc11ec321847e75870fe779809c1.jpg

Just to get you up to speed..Blue Label Air is now called UPS 2nd Day Air.
And we get to wear shorts!
"best service and lowest rates"