Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Nah, he just wanted an answer ... I was curious too...

If it was 1 box, I may have done it... But a whole stack-no way! Its their problem now after they signed for them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Today was the first time I ever asked for teamster assistance. Ever. I had south shore furniture. They said 143, I think they were 200, I am going to look it up. I had 4 of them. They were a bad add one day and fought them all day. I was going to leave them no matter what, I knew no one would steal them. After I first tried to deliver these four to a bad adress I remembered the name, the numbers were transposed, and I had one for them yesterday. Big, hulky man, I thought no problem see ya tomorrow.
Door wide open, no one will come out. Kept going to the door yelling in, no answer. The driver who met me, and helped get them on the porch, left, while I heard a voice call "come inside".......I did and my eyes will never be the same. A half naked woman in her 70s........from the waist down........EEEHH Gadd. Then she wanted me to move them inside. Im like well I would but I cannot budge them alone, and my help left. Ive been out there like 10 minutes, if you had yelled sooner, but you didnt. Have fun with your new furniture. She said I will call my grandson, thats good, its his crap anyway, LOL

Box Ox

I agree 100%. Incs are triple what we had last year. I'm guessing we picked up a lot from Fedex ground. Their dimensional weight pricing must have gone up more than ours.

Must have. This week is the first time I've heard sups openly wondering what's going on. The sort gets bombed with gigantic stuff from start to finish and it takes forever to wrap up. Drivers are having to leave stuff on location to be shuttled. Volume is down, probably due to the Surepost surge and ORION account losses but the PCs are still packed as ever.

Anthonysg0113

The contract clearly states...
"...the driver shall complete and affix as many additional over 70 pound labels and/or identifying tape as is reasonably necessary to provide proper visual identification of the package for safe movement through the system. The label and tape shall be of bright contrasting colors."
So, why can't you just do your job correctly?
It's a lot of times a sorters job to re-tape, mark with over 70 tape to most packages coming through the system. A loader usually doesn't do this. Sorters are the most unliked people in the hub. They say they don't have time, if they didn't talk as much it could get done correctly.