Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

Laughingitup

I am just here for the laughs
Yeah.

We also let bored housewives play with our fully loaded guns.
I wish I was a bored housewife! I met my driver via my office deliveries and I am the boss. Now that I know you guys assemble, I have a job for him tomorrow! Should I post on Craig's list for him to come fully loaded and prepared?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I wish I was a bored housewife! I met my driver via my office deliveries and I am the boss. Now that I know you guys assemble, I have a job for him tomorrow! Should I post on Craig's list for him to come fully loaded and prepared?

We're always prepared to assemble, no preparation needed.

Insert part A into part B.

If it is a tight fit, lube usually helps the insertion process.

Laughingitup

I am just here for the laughs
Have to.

We get the bored housewife in the bikini flirting with us just to see if she can still turn on a man.

She then says goodbye and leaves us "hanging."

That bulge isn't going to go away on its own.
How do you alot for that lost time in your day when your sup asks?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can't handle the Fingerhut. It's getting really bad. Big wooden beds 120lbs...bookcases, desks. It's ridiculous. If you see the shipper is BBI...that's Fingerhut.
On amazon, same bed I had this week. First time I ever asked for help. said 143, and actually its 196. But on fingerhut it is only 34.99 a month for the rest of your life.

Wayne05

I was looking at natural gas fire pits on amazon and saw one I liked.
It also was an Amazon prime item so it is guaranteed in 2 days.
I just can't see buying it that way.

1) This item is 145 lbs. Amazon is not going to give me free shipping and have it delivered off a trailer.
2) I don't want my own UPS driver to have to deal with this package and hate my guts (lol)
3) Can't even imagine what that box would look like once it got here.

I've loaded at least three of these into feeders the past couple weeks. Yea, they're big and heavy but at least the boxes hold up...

Packmule

Up here in New England, summer has set in quickly. I have never seen the amount of smokers, grills, patio heaters, and patio sets that have stuffed my truck the last 3 weeks. The aura of free shipping on internet sites have sucked in the public. 3/4 of these packages pretty much look like they've been rolled to my car straight from the unloaded feeder truck.

Preload doesn't care that I'm the one that has to pull that 149 lb six chaired patio set off my truck with a leg sticking out of the box. I pray every time I'm delivering that they are not home. As a UPS driver, I personally paid more for heavier items not to be delivered by us because we don't do a great job in handling over 70's. Even picking it up at the local Home Depot is my optimal choice because most likely it was palleted to the store.

Has any other drivers seen how much more residential overweight packages we've been delivering and the drop in proper handling ?
I have a rule of thumb here. If the pkg is huge and heavy, the call tag is only a few days behind. If the pkg is small and light, but crushed, they will keep it anyway.