Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Had one of those "EZ closets" today....came in a set of 8 boxes, 4 of them were far too long for the two-wheeler....dunno what in sam hell they mean by EZ, that was difficult.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Outstanding! So what happens on one of these little non-business outings and you get into an accident? They sue you or Fed-Ex? I guess if you cover up the markings they'd never know huh?

These independent contractors have a supplement on their insurance... For doing whatever after they serviced the contracted routes. Now only the drivers who ask permission from that contractor & is a trusted, responsible driver (yea, there are a few at fx ground ~ surprising) that has a good history can do what Dave did, but not during a lunch hour... I do that when I'm off the clock.

Some of those contractors have a long term rental boxvan from budget, uhaul, enterprise, ryder, penske, etc as a backup and we use them as well for other things than just parcel delivery.

I believe he told you to "friend" off Dave, you maybe waiting a long time for your answer.

Try and keep up.
I think he is waiting for some pizza?
IMG_20150601_210732074.jpg

Dr.Brownz

Doesn't matter what it said. Your word against theirs for one. For two, it was stupid to even go back there in the first place and if their that stupid they cant tell the label difference, than to hell with their feelings.

I assumed that the new driver who learned that route did the misdelivery, I was light anyway. Again my sup and center manager didn't care and said I did the right thing not delivering FEDEX boxes

Dr.Brownz

The longer he waits the more I am convinced that he received a rude hourly for running his mouth.

LOL yeah not because I'm working or living my life, it's because I'm afraid of you Dave. You judged me so hard.

How would a quick response indicate anything? And how would have the answers to your initial questions have modified your assumption? I swear you are mentally deficient somehow.

HBGPreloader

You can't read/see the letter H on the label??

You are in a building and can't find it, drivers are on road, what makes you think they'd have it?
The contract clearly states...
"...the driver shall complete and affix as many additional over 70 pound labels and/or identifying tape as is reasonably necessary to provide proper visual identification of the package for safe movement through the system. The label and tape shall be of bright contrasting colors."
So, why can't you just do your job correctly?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The contract clearly states...
"...the driver shall complete and affix as many additional over 70 pound labels and/or identifying tape as is reasonably necessary to provide proper visual identification of the package for safe movement through the system. The label and tape shall be of bright contrasting colors."
So, why can't you just do your job correctly?
Agreed!! The bulk cart drivers have gotten better with using over 70 tape...but sometimes it's still hit or miss. No excuse for that but laziness.

Ms.PacMan

Today I delivered a 94lb portable air conditioner. How can anything that weighs 94lbs be considered portable?
Delivered 12 of these to an elementary school. The principal ordered them herself for the classrooms.....with windows that don't open (she didn't realize you have to drain them somehow). 12 call tags a week later.

I delivered PVC fencing for an entire yard!

I delivered a o/w o/s full size trampoline yesterday.

9.5er

I had one of those trampolines last week also. I backed all the way up to the garage and slid it out by the door. Nice and easy.
Now the 60'' TV I had to carry to the 3rd floor apt was a different story. No elevators and little old lady was home alone. Only one thing to do. Hauled it up by myself. Handled it pretty good til I got the top of the landing and the back corner caught the steps. I almost fell backwards. Lol

KaiserTom

Don't blame the preloaders (at least not the ones loading the trucks), the iregs come from the trains looking like :censored2:. Of course management doesn't care, they just want to throw us out as quickly as possible.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Most of our preloaders are idiots who could give a crap about how the packages are handled getting them to our package cars. I feel the same way. I don't even want to ring the doorbell or knock sometimes. BTW I like your avatar. My back's getting tight also!
Same deal with my loader. He admitted once that when he does a crappy job he tries to leave before I get in so he doesn't have to face me. He's pretty good overall but the occasional load....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same deal with my loader. He admitted once that when he does a crappy job he tries to leave before I get in so he doesn't have to face me. He's pretty good overall but the occasional load....

Does he ever say why he can do a good job most of the time but every once in a while he gives you a crap load?

KaiserTom

Does he ever say why he can do a good job most of the time but every once in a while he gives you a crap load?

We've all had those days, it happens. They bring you in early, belt gets jammed every few minutes because idiots are shoving iregs on the belt but no one cares no matter how much our sup complains about it, so you end up with 5 minutes of downtime and the next 10 minutes scrambling to clear all the :censored2: that built up in the jam as it comes down in one giant dogpile. Then you have a truck on your set with a giant 50 package bulk stop all 40 pounds and coming down all at once literally back to back and you run out of easily accessible room in the truck so you have to start stacking it all up on what little floor space you have else the entire belt gets clogged with your :censored2: if you don't grab it fast enough and screws everyone else over. Then you have to take over for 5 cars temporarily because your sup has to pull someone to help with unload or give a rev for a few minutes, so you just have to stack every package you get. Then the sup has the audacity to bitch you out for lack of egress.

Those days :censored2:ing blow. I've never been proud of my load quality those days and try and duck out as fast as possible, but I just can't deal with that day any longer past the 6 hours they already have me there, not with my other responsibilities on top of that.