Are there any FDC or ODC Clerks that Read Browncafe ??

DS

Fenderbender
OK I honestly have never put a lot of thought into what it takes to clear a pkg for international clearance.From what I see,living in Canada,are a lot of pissed off customers that bought (for example) 3 dolls from texas that cost $39.95 US and I have to collect another $21.97 off them in brokerage fees.If this has nothing to do with what you dudes do then please straighten me out.I have also always wondered what the heck the fedex express guys are doing in the back of thier trucks when they complete thier pickups.I have often thought that they are doing what you guys do to make the pkg flow faster through the system.Please enlighten me to the truth about pre-clearing shipments so there is no delay.

JANICEPLAN

I do agree, Frankie. Do be a ODC/FDC auditor you must complete a few weeks long training course. Compare that to sorting...its really beyond me. Especially an operation that requires the ODC auditors to move their own packages.

I may be a supervisor but what is fair is fair in my honest opinion.

What does the training involve exactly?? how much time is invested in training?

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
I work in the International/ODC/Air Recovery Dept, It's quite a lot of work.
Our dept processes any and all packages marked with foreign countries, also we have high values of large sender accounts that ship pallets worth of packages daily over seas, we audit hazmats, processes Early AM's, We palletize ground packages and shrink wrap them, we have to sort lines to Air Recovery, help load trailers in Air Recovery, We are constantly ordered to go recycle other dept's over flows, So were never slow in our dept always have something to do.

exportgirl97

exportgirl97
I agree it should be skilled work. I too work ODC. But in a much smaller facility. The paper work, computer work, etc. Sometimes wish I had a job that didn't require using my brain, like others I work with. Scan a package send on it's way, ooh so hard!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mxp

I work in ODC as well. We definitely should be a skilled position with a greater pay rate! (Especially for the amount of revenue we rake in for the company!)