are there any little people that work at ups??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coldworld, May 8, 2013.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Just curious if there are any little people that work at ups, does anybody know. I wonder if a little person was to apply how would ups handle the situation?
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes, they are the ones that retape all the Zappos shoe boxes before preload gets in.
  3. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

You get to unload air cans!
  4. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

It's a fine line between the EEOC and Reality...
  5. Coldworld

Im sure driving would be out but there are other jobs that would be able to accommodate someone.
  6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

how do you define " little people " ?
  7. Coldworld

Im not talking about mgt little mans actual small people,dwarfism
  8. balland chain

balland chain Member

Yes we have little people at UPS,,They are the managers and supervisors with very little brain cells...
  9. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

How do you think package companies get those pesky belts moving. They're all too cheap to use electricity.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I used to be 6'2", but UPS has ground me down to 5'8". I reckon I will be 5'4'' by retirement.
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

"Vertically challenged", unless you are talking about our management team?
  12. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Check with the L.P.A. (Little People of America), they would know.
    Remember, not LPGA or you'll get all kinds of lesbian golfers!!
  13. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I used to be 6'6'', now I'm 6'4''. Most people scoff at me when I tell this is, but its the truth. I've heard this from a few drivers as well.
  14. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I've wondered this myself. I havent seen any at my work place, but now that your bringing this up, I'm sure ill see one walk by on the tour. I also, one day, was going to bring this question up here.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I had heard about the possibility of UPS being forced to hire the deaf for driving positions a few years ago! Everybody shrinks over the years. My loss of height is mostly due to friction.
  16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Hmmmm ... I think most everybody not on the Management Committee are "little people". :wink2:
  17. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

18. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

Its not friction, its due to the impact to the spine from walking on unstable and hard surfaces. A simple fact, marathon runners will often shrink 1-2 inches after a long run. Its all about impact, and the sum of us whos job is to mostly walk is a huge portion upon impact type damage to the body. Over time its permanent damage, as you said.
  19. Butters243

Butters243 Member

I work with a little person. We call him "Little Buddy" kinda like Gilligan from Gilligan's Island.
  20. texan

texan Well-Known Member

So True............:dissapointed: