are there many people out here having problems at home?

packageguy

Are there many people out here having problems at home, with all these hours ups have given us.
My center I hear people complaining to many hours, cutting out routes and guys working 11 hours almost every day.......

browndog123

I leave before my kids get up and get home about the time they get ready for bed. I take full advantage of the weekend with my family, "My most important stop." I love when they come up with these slogan to show they care.

DS

Fenderbender
Little boy brown,every center and hub is run according to whatever rules they make.
All you can do is get several drivers to file grievances for excessive overtime.
One driver doing it will only make him a target.
I cannot see any connection between some places having drivers return to building and scan everything as missed to stay under 9.5
and the ones (like mine),and yours,that over dispatch,and want no misses,regardless of hours worked.
It will change when they shuffle people around.I really wish they had set rules everywhere.

UPSGUY72

Are there many people out here having problems at home, with all these hours ups have given us.
My center I hear people complaining to many hours, cutting out routes and guys working 11 hours almost every day.......

Everyone that wanted to be a driver knew what there where getting into when they signed the bid... It's the nature of the job long hours good pay great bennys.

I'm home more now than the job I had before this where I worked swing shift 6 days a week in a paper mill my day off was either a m,w,or friend depending on the week Sat was time and half and Sunday was double time. At that job if someone called in you got stuck for another 4 hours or you could take the whole 8 if you wanted.

iruhnman630

I leave before my kids get up and get home about the time they get ready for bed. I take full advantage of the weekend with my family, "My most important stop." I love when they come up with these slogan to show they care.
You mean neat phrases such as 'Your holiday will begin soon enough.'

That lovely piece of encouragement came across our boards about 7:30 one July 3rd, as many of us had friends and family waiting for some pre-independence day fun

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nope, as long as the UPS check clears the wife is happy. I still remember my dad working long hours to provide a more than comfortable life for us and himself in his later years. Taught me nothing in life comes easy, you put in the time and work hard and you'll be well rewarded along the way, ultimately leading to a very comfortable retirement. I'm glad my dad worked so much, it taught me something school never did, how to be a man,father, and provider.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
McDonalds workers can have the same problems and have little to no hours, I'd prefer the UPS hours.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Kids want Mom home. Dads just that crabby guy that yells. My kids never worried about when I got home. They are just happy now that I send a check every month to UW.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No problem here. My wife an dI have been together since I worked worse hours at UPS. She's completely understandable. And my kids are used to it cause it's all they've ever known. Not that that's right, but it is what it is.

1080Driver

Sad statement but the other day I asked the center manager "Whats your most important job?". He said "To help keep UPS #1 in the industry". I said "To try to be a a good husband and father". He just walked away

UPSGUY72

Sad statement but the other day I asked the center manager "Whats your most important job?". He said "To help keep UPS #1 in the industry". I said "To try to be a a good husband and father". He just walked away

Keeping job security is the most important job.